Maple View is situated in the small historic town of Medlow Bath, just 10 minutes north of Katoomba in the Blue Mountains and only 90 minutes drive or 120 minutes by train from Sydney. Accessible by car and the nearby Medlow Bath train station, the home is within walking distance of the famous Hydro Majestic Hotel and Synonymous Cafe. It's 15 minutes drive to Leura and less than 10 minutes drive to Blackheath both of which are only a train stop away. Despite it's proximity to these historic townships and landmarks it remains a secluded sanctuary.
The architect designed home is set on a private, one acre, garden block showcasing stunning mature gardens, native bush land and fabulous vista's. Self-contained, with plenty of pampering comforts, the house offers an open plan lounge and dining area with wood fire place as well as a fully equiped, enterainer's kitchen. Upstairs you'll find three bedrooms King, Queen and two singles as well as a second bathroom.
Maple View is perfect for couples, families and nature lovers. The grounds feature stone pathways lined with dry stone walls, terraced garden beds, established cold climate plants and a large sweeping back lawn that is overlooked by every room in the house. The beautiful gardens are filled with many Camellias, Rhododendrons and Azaleas providing stunning bloom in Autumn and Spring. The deciduous Japanese Maples provide a striking display of autumnal colour as the cooler weather arrives.
There is an abundance of native birds attracted to the gardens and we encourage you to feed them with the food provided. Keep an eye of for Parrots, Rosellas, Lorikeets, Kookaburras and Cockatoos as well as the occasional Wallaby and Kangaroo. Close to bushwalks and national parks - a fabulous mountain getaway awaits
The property features;
- Spacious light filled living area opening to a large deck overlooking the grounds and beyond to the native bush backdrop
- Lounge room with 55" curved TV and Netflix
- Heaps of boardgames for those quiet nights in front of the fire
- Wireless bluetooth speaker
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Fully equiped galley style kitchen with huge 90cm Smeg freestanding gas cooktop and oven, french door fridge, wine fridge and dishwasher
- Complimentary coffee pods & tea
- Wood fire place as well as gas & electric heating for those extra cold nights
- Dining table with seating for 6
- 3 Bedrooms:
Main bedroom has a King sized bed, 55" LED TV with DVD, electric blanket, heater and fan
Bed 2 has a Queen bed, electric blanket, heater and fan
Bed 3 has two full sized single beds as well as an electric blanket, heater and fan
- All bedrooms have high quality Sheridan linen and extra blankets.
- 2 well appointed bathrooms with heating and luxury soft towels
- Double glazing throughout to ensure you stay toasty warm in the Winter months
- On the expansive verandah overlooking the property is an outdoor setting with seating for 6
- Off road parking with undercover spaces for two vehicles
There is so much to do in the Blue Mountains but here are a few of our favourite activities if you can pull yourself away from the sanctuary of the house:
- Drop by the Synonymous Cafe for great coffee and a terrific breakfast or lunch just a short walk up the road
- If you can't be bothered cooking why not book at table for dinner at the Chalet Guesthouse - open Friday and Saturday nights . It's only a 5 minute walk from the front door.
- Shopping in the famous Leura Mall and various local markets
- Echo Point and the Three Sisters plenty of activities and bushwalks
- Any one of a number of bushwalks in Leura, Blackheath, Katoomba and Wentworth Falls
- Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens
- Scenic Railway and Skyway in Katoomba
- The beautiful gardens of Everglades in Leura
- Katoomba Galleries
- Victory Theatre Antiques for a huge range of ever changing collectables
- The Gingerbread House in Katoomba for the best hot chocolate in the Mountains try the Ginger Hot Chocolate
- Blue Mountains Music Festival google for updated dates
- Campbell Rhododendron Gardens all year round
... and so, so much more