This little cottage started it's life as a one room gardener's hut around the turn of the nineteenth century. It remained reasonably untouched until the early 1990's when it was extended and modernised. The land was used until the 1960's as a flower farm with Dahlias and Gladioli grown. Many of the dry stone walled terraces can still be seen on the property. Elsmore is also renowned for it's Rhododendrons with their huge pink flowers on display from late September until early November. While 10 mins walk to the Victoria & Albert, "Elsmore" is a true hideaway. It is also within walking distance of local bush walks and rock climbing areas.
The house is ideal for couples seeking a romantic getaway or for families with up to 2 young children looking for a quiet and cosy getaway. There is a rear deck for a morning coffee [machine and capsules supplied] or an afternoon refreshment.
Elsmore is hidden in the trees surrounded by gums and rhododendrons, which display a mass of pink flowers in spring.
Accommodation max 2 adults.
- Master bedroom with double bed
- Bunkroom with 2 single bunks
- Sofabed in living room
- TV with built in DVD & CD player
- Selection of movies and CD's
- iPod dock
- Library of novels and climbing / mountaineering books
- Collection of outdoor adventure magazines
- Selection of games
- Cooking Facilities
- Coffee machine [coffee supplied]
- Slow combustion wood heater [limited wood supplied]
- Electric heaters
- Linen supplied
Location and things to do:-
- 1.75 to 2 hours drive from Sydney
- 8mins walk to Mt Victoria village - general store, Mt Vic Flicks and train station
- 5mins drive to Blackheath shops, restaurants etc
- 15mins drive to Katoomba
- 25mins drive along Darling Causeway and Bells Line of Road to the Zig Zag Railway and Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens
- 50mins drive to Jenolan Caves
Things to do
- Bushwalking and rock climbing / abseiling / canyoning for the more adventurous
- Play tennis at the public court in Mt Victoria village
- Watch a movie at the Mt Vic Flicks
- Horse riding at various places within a short drive
- Ride the steam train at Zig Zag railway