Overlooking Hargraves Beach, the Deckhouse offers a spacious, relaxed beach house with four bedrooms to comfortably sleep 8. Beach access is directly opposite the house; less than a 25 metre walk.
The house is located at Hargraves Beach, Noraville on the NSW Central Coast, just over an hours drive north of Sydney via the M1 Pacific Motorway previously known as the F3 Freeway. Hargraves Beach is on the coast between Norah Head and Budgewoi.
The house features a 12m wide, partially covered timber deck facing the ocean with outdoor setting for 8, two sun lounges and gas-fired barbecue.
A swing, slide and cubby-house in the gated front garden suit younger children.
IDEAL FOR FAMILIES OR A WEEKEND GET-AWAY WITH FRIENDS
NO PARTIES OR SIMILAR FUNCTIONS. Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
LIVING & DINING ROOM
The main living floor is on the first floor leading out to the deck. The living area has two sofas, armchair, a 48" LCD TV and DVD player. The dining area has a large table and eight chairs. A wood burning stove and reverse cycle air-conditioning ensure comfort at all times of year.
Kitchen facilities include cooktop, oven, grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and ample crockery and utensils.
From the large, elevated, east facing deck there is an extensive view towards the ocean. The deck is partly covered and, because it's protected from the southerly winds, can be enjoyed all year round. The open portion of the deck is ideal for sun baking. A small rear deck accessed from the kitchen offers a second intimate outdoor area.
4 BEDROOMS & 2 BATHROOMS
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms with queen size beds one overlooking the ocean, one bedroom with two bunk beds and a bathroom with bath and shower.
The ground floor has one bedroom with a queen size bed, together with a bathroom with shower only and fully equipped laundry.
All bedrooms have large built-in cupboards.
- Bedroom 1 first floor: one queen-size bed
- Bedroom 2 first floor: one queen-size bed
- Bedroom 3 first floor: two single beds bunk beds
- Bedroom 4 ground floor: one queen-size bed
We do not have a cot at the house, however, there is a local company that you can hire one from. They will deliver and collect the cot from the house. If you'd like to hire a cot, please contact me for their details.
Guests must bring their own sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea towels. Duvets, blankets and pillows are provided. Alternatively, linen and towel hire can be arranged - please contact me for details.
OTHER FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- High chair
- Picnic table and chairs
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- External washing line
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
Local Activities and Facilities
Beach access is directly opposite the house leading to a sheltered, family-friendly beach. Hargraves Beach is protected by a reef creating calm conditions, ideal for children. There are also patrolled surf beaches a short distance away at Lakes Beach and Soldiers Beach. Nearby Cabbage Tree Harbour has a tidal rock pool and small sheltered beach suitable for young children.
Lake Macquarie, Budgewoi Lake & Tuggerah Lake are nearby and are ideal for water sports and fishing. There are also cycle and walking paths along sections of these lakes
Hargraves Beach is popular for beach fishing year round and the large rock platform below Norah Head lighthouse is also a popular spot for fisherman. Cabbage Tree Harbour has a boat ramp for access to the ocean and there are boat ramps to the lakes; the closest being to Budgewoi Lake from Slade Park on the southern side of Budgewoi Bridge.
OTHER LOCAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Whale watching May-June and September-October
- Walking tracks in local National Parks Munmorah State Conservation Area & Wyrrabalong NP
- Cycle and walking paths
- Golf Toukley, Magenta Shores and Tuggerah Lakes golf courses
- Norah Head Lighthouse tours
- Pelican feeding at The Entrance
- Snorkelling & scuba diving at Cabbage Tree Harbour & Terrigal
- Surfing at Lakes Beach, Soldiers Beach & Frazer Beach
- Kayak hire on Lake Macquarie
- Hot air ballooning in the Hunter Valley 45 min drive
- Wine tasting in the Hunter Valley 45 min drive. Contact WINE COUNTRY TOURS for tour options. They will collect you from the house & drop you back at the end of the day. We can give you their contact details if you'd like more information or would like to make a booking.
A large range of local shops including Coles and Aldi supermarkets are five minutes drive away at Toukley and Budgewoi. The Toukley markets are on each Sunday.
Both Toukley and Budgewoi have a variety of restaurants, cafes and clubs.
- No smoking indoors including games room/shed
- Accommodation is for a MAXIMUM of 8 guests
- NO PARTIES / FUNCTIONS
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
- No pets there are two cat and dog boarding facilities not far from the house - please contact us if you'd like their details