PLEASE NOTE: THE SPECIALS LISTED BELOW ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE QUOTE ESTIMATE PROVIDED ON THE STAYZ SITE. THE FINAL COST FOR A BOOKING AT CAST-AWAY IS PROVIDED BY THE OWNER & INCLUDES THESE SPECIALS WHERE APPLICABLE.
CURRENT SPECIALS: Please advise in your booking request if you are interested in one of the specials below and your quote will be adjusted if applicable in a reply email.
* THREE-NIGHT WEEKEND ESCAPE SPECIAL: STAY 3 WEEKEND NIGHTS AND PAY FOR ONLY 2. Applies to a maximum of 6 guests.N/A school hols or public holiday weekends.
* 5% discount rate for couples-only weekend bookings (2 guests sharing main bedroom only) - not applicable during school hols or in conjunction with weekend special.
* Last minute discount not applicable public hols.
* LATE CHECK-OUT ON SUNDAY APPLIES FOR ALL 2-NIGHT WEEKEND BOOKINGS.
Cast-away is a 3 bedroom and 1.5 bathroom beach holiday house perfect in summer relaxing on the private and sheltered tree-top deck and in winter snuggling by the cosy wood heater fire. Cast-away is an elevated pole house located across from the direct beach access pathway to both Macmasters Beach and Copacabana Beach. The property is a very popular choice for families and couples wanting a quiet, convenient and relaxed get-away in a beach/bush setting. Group adult singles bookings are also welcome for a max 4 adults & ALL group members must be aged over 25 yrs. Pet stay enquiries welcome (small additional cleaning fee applies) See pet stay info below.
Bedroom 1: 1 queen bedroom with bathroom access
Bedroom 2: 1 queen bed
Bedroom 3: 2 king single beds.
All bedrooms are large, bright and airy. There is a main bathroom and an additional powder room and include shower, 2 toilets and 2 vanity areas. The main bathroom is two-way and also accessible from the main bedroom.
* The recently renovated kitchen looks out over the trees and duck ponds and includes oven and stove-top, microwave, large upside down fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
* The lounge/dining is a large relaxed space with a slow combustion fireplace, TV and DVD/Blu-ray and comfy sofas and opens on to the large rear deck. Plenty of DVDs, books, magazines and games are provided.
* The Cast-away 'walkway' provides convenient access to the beach pathway opposite that leads directly onto beautiful Macmasters Beach. While the kettle's boiling for the morning cuppa, you can check out the surf and beach via the path opposite.
* There is a beach shower for a rinse off after a day at the beach, a separate laundry, outdoor furniture on both decks, hooded gas bar-b-que, convenient undercover parking for 2 cars and a great large concreted driveway-play area for kids on bikes/scooters and for outdoor games.
* Cast-away has a large fully secured deck with semi roof covering for weather protection. It is sheltered and provides a 'birds-eye' view of the local wildlife on nearby tree branches, lorikeets, friendly kookaburras and ducks come visiting from the nearby ponds. It's perfect for bar-b-ques and outdoor dining and catching up with some quiet reading time away from the hectic pace of a day of beach, fishing and surfing. There is also a second covered deck leading to the front door and off the walkway providing a lovely sunny morning aspect (perfect for the early morning cuppa).
Throw in your towels, sheets (or we can arrange linen hire for you - see rates below) and grab some food supplies along the way and you're set for a casual beach escape. You can fall straight into the surf from the beach path opposite, swim at patrolled Macmasters or Copacabana Beaches and their beautiful children's pools and natural rock-pools, have a quiet paddle on Cockrane Lagoon (3 mins down the road), surf the perfect wave breaks, choose a spot anywhere along the beach for beach fishing - or just do them all! Great dining is also a beach stroll away - Enjoy breakfast or dinner / take-aways at the many beach-side cafes at Macs and Copa beaches, and enjoy a casual Thai dinner or just drinks at the Macmasters Beach surf club cafe on Friday and Sunday evenings.
*Boogie boards and soft surf boards are available for hire up the beach at the Copa shops.
Once at Cast-away you don't need to drive anywhere! Macmasters Beach is a patrolled beach with rock-pools, a safe shallow children's beach pool and playground. At Copacabana Beach (also patrolled and only a 5 minute beach stroll away pass the unique Cockrone Lagoon) there is a park, friendly grocery shops, a range of beach-side cafes, bottle shop, chemist, beauty and hair salon and a newsagent.Take a walk along the beach at dusk and sunset for great casual BYO evening dining.
INFORMATION FOR OUR PET STAY ENQUIRERS...
Macmasters Beach has a designated dog-friendly beach zone which is located opposite and a pet stay is very welcome. A small additional cleaning fee applies for a pet stay. Suitable mainly for small breed dog. An additional dog may be permitted if both are small size breeds. Only 1 dog permitted if med- large breed.Properties at Macmasters Beach are generally not fenced, but Cast-away's rear deck is large, shaded, fully secured and semi-weather protected. Our pet stay guests pay a small fee towards additional cleaning ($35 weekends ($50 for 2 small dogs), $50 for 4+ days stays ($75 for 2 small dogs), flat $75 in peak season ($100 for 2 small dogs).
Information regarding Macmasters Beach and surrounding areas.
Macmasters Beach is a comfortable and scenic 90 min drive north of Sydney CBD and is a pet-friendly beach. The Kincumber shopping centre is on the way and has a large Coles, great green grocer and butcher. Closer to Macmasters Beach is a seafood outlet on the road to Macmasters.
If you want to explore further, Bouddhi National Park is nearby (you can drive there or walk there via the trail that starts behind the surf club). It is great for walks and swims at Maitland Bay Beach (unpatrolled). Further along the Killcare peninsula is Killcare beach and Hardy's Bay - a 15 minute drive away with interesting fashion and homeware/gift shopping, renowned Manfredi's Bells restaurant and local cafes, boating and boat hire facilities. Avoca and Terrigal beaches are both 10 and 15 mins drive away and also offer swimming/surfing, shopping and dining. Erina Fair is only a 15 drive away for great shopping.