Perched on top of the great dividing range at 750 metres above sea level Didgy Ridge is set on 34 scenic acres and overlooks a pretty valley with views back to the township of Mudgee from the lookout.
Fully insulated rustic country cottage with 3 bedrooms which will comfortably sleep 5 people.
Fully equipped kitchen.
Lounge room is fitted out with a 130cm plasma TV, Bluray player and 5.1 surround sound system.
The lounge room is also air conditioned and has a wood heater to keep you cosy and warm during the winter months.
There are around 5 acres of cleared land around the house with the balance of the land being natural bushland which is teaming with wildlife and interesting rock formations. There is even a waterfall on the property that runs over a huge solid quartz rock formation! The surrounding properties are unfenced giving you access to around 200 acres of walking tracks.
Some of the wildlife we have seen over the years includes, Kangaroos, Wallabies, Wombats, Echidnas, Blue tongue lizards, Goanna's, Eagles, Parrots, Black/ white cockatoos, Finches, Wrens and Galahs.
Located on tar sealed roads just 30 km's (18-20 minutes drive) due north of the township of Mudgee (next door to the Ruwenzori retreat) and 24 km's (15 minutes drive) due east of the famous gold town of Gulgong you can enjoy the benefits of country living with the convenience of being close to town.
* 130cm plasma TV
* Bluray player (over 60 popular DVD movies provided)
* 5.1 surround sound
* Master bedroom = Double bed, air conditioner and heater
* 2nd bedroom = 2 single beds, Sony PlayStation, 80cm LCD TV, board games, children's books and toys (Keep the kids entertained for hours!)
* 3rd bedroom = 1 King single bed + portable cot
* lounge = Air conditioned and Wood heater (firewood provided)
* Dining room = Seats 6 people
* Additional wall heating and oil filled column heaters provided
* Modern stove, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and espresso machine
* 400 litre fridge/ freezer
* 400 litre hot water service
* Plenty of storage (tall boys, dresser and cupboards etc)
* Laundry with modern front loader washing machine and clothes dryer
* BBQ available
* Fire pit/ camp fire
* 8 seat outdoor table
* Undercover parking
* Linen, towels and toiletries are all provided at no additional cost.
* Pets allowed (6 x covered animal enclosures available + an enclosed veranda/ sunroom at the front of the house)
* Optus and Telstra 3G/4G and NBN reception available. (please check with your service provider)
25+ wineries only a 10 minutes drive away.
The famous tourist walk "The Drip" is only a 22km drive from Didgy Ridge.
The township of Gulgong (15 minute drive) has two museums with the Gulgong Pioneer museum being my pick.
Gulgong also has some lovely pubs such as the rustic Prince Of Wales Hotel.
Mudgee (Aboriginal name that means "Nest in the hills") is the largest township in the area and has plenty of shops, restaurants, pubs and other attractions to keep you entertained.
Mudgee also has lots of special events during the year and is regularly fully booked out on special event weekends.....not something you will have to worry about!
Mining contractor? 10km's to Ulan and 6km's to Moolarben coal mines. Stay close to work!
***Coming in 2016: We are about to build a cedar cabin at one of the lookouts which will include a log fire and large deck where you will be able to enjoy sleeping on the day bed or having a BBQ while taking in the breathtaking rural views.