VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS If you want a relaxing rural 5 bedroom farm holiday home with stunning views, a large pool, fireplaces & serenity then "Orangewood" is it.
Just 20 mins drive south of Orange and 10 mins away from the cafes of historic Millthorpe, "Orangewood" is a lovely self-catering farm holiday for friends and families with kids 11 guests. With plenty of space and views from Mt Canabolas to rolling hills, "Orangewood" is located on 12 ha of Angus beef cattle paddocks and the former "Gold Dust Winery" vineyards.
With a welcome gift on arrival, you'll like how enormous the house is and all flat for easy access. Pick your bedrooms - there's the Rainbow room, Asia room, Bird room, B&W room and the Thing 1&2 room whilst kids get excited by their new surroundings. Stoke up the fireplaces in the winter, or jump straight into the pool in the summer, explore the property and settle in for the night. With plenty of space, "Orangewood" is very kid friendly and the house itself has views of Mt Canobolas and the green rolling hills just about from every window.
Wake up in the mornings to peace and enjoy the bird life and for those early-birds, enjoy beautiful sun rises. Wander outside in the gardens with your morning cuppa, breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the crunch of frosty grass in the cooler months. For the active, nice brisk walks or a run on the local roads is very popular.
Back inside, "Orangewood" has an excellent northerly layout to provide lots of sunny areas. With floor to ceiling glass windows, it encapsulates the wonderful large garden terrace pergola and views across the front lawns & beyond. Enjoy your breakfast at the dining table whilst watching the bird bath and the beautiful rainbow lorrikeets fly in.
For all those home made Masterchefs, they'll love the large kitchen and freestanding extra wide oven, Gas cooktop, Large fridge, Asko dishwasher, entertaining platters, bench space and all the cooking & cleaning utensils you could need. There's also a condiment cupboard for use including local olive oil. In the large kitchen, enjoy your feast in the dining area with 12 seater, flexible configuration dining tables. Plus there's the adjacent laundry with ironing and clothes washing facilities if needed.
Perfect for the cooler months, Orangewood is well insulated with 2 wood fireplaces as centrepieces of the large lounge rooms. Enjoy the ambience with the firewood we provide and roast your complimentary marshmallows winter only whilst cosy inside. It could be a winter wonderland outside July/August if you are lucky to have snow.
In the summer, it's perfect temperature inside and out as the region only reaches low 30C maximums. You'll love the kitchen overlooking the 18m fully glassed fence pool on the southern side - closed in cooler months. Entertain on the large south verandah with the pool metres away which is great for kid supervision. Cook up a feast on the large gas BBQ whilst your drinks keep cool in the spare drinks fridge just inside the back door. We provide some basic pool toys, plus with the kids imagination, everyone will have fun in the largest private pool you'll probably ever experience.
With two separate lounge/living zones, there's 2 flat screen TVs & plenty of space for all ages. Books, board games and movie DVD's keep everyone occupied inside when it's raining. The Orange region generally has an abundance of blue skies and clear days, so during the day, use the expansive grass areas for outdoor games such as bocce, totem tennis, balls, cricket and a skateboard to name a few.
"Orangewood" is definitely great for kids to be free whilst the adults relax. The kids will love the toy/playroom complete with toys and books for a range of ages. Outside, there's a kid-made BMX style bike track with 4 different size bikes and helmets supplied in the shed. With grassed areas for outdoor sport games, plus toddler tree swing, there's plenty of dirt to play in and space for the kids to be real.
If you feel like venturing further, using our visitor guide, you can travel to historic Millthorpe and stroll around the village cafes and general store. That's one of the secrets of "Orangewood" - whilst you are in a rural area, you are only 15 mins from Millthorpe and great coffee/cafes. With the tourist information and Orange region winery maps we provide, it's not too far to whiz into town ie the bustling vibrant regional city of Orange, visit famous Orange wineries, be about 40 mins to Bathurst, or a day trip to Dubbo Zoo.
So back at "Orangewood" in the evening - the skyline is often just perfect for orange sunsets amongst the tree lines. Once the sun is set, from the back porch, the night sky and stars are just amazing. The Milky Way galaxy is falling upon you, it seems so close. Free of light pollution, these are skies you rarely see in metro areas.
When it comes to head hit pillow time, you'll experience comfortable and quality bedding with plentiful pillows and a bedside light. Winter wool quilts and electric blankets keep you warm in the winter with fan heaters. You don't need to worry about bathroom linen either, as we provide professionally laundered, quality bath towels, hand towels and bath mats.
We're also environmentally friendly at "Orangewood" so you can use our freely provided organic shower gel and handwash to keep our septic tank healthy. And for a better planet, we're proud supporters of the not-for-profit whogivesacrap website for our toilet paper, kitchen roll and even the box of tissues - using recycled, earth friendly materials to support developing nations sanitary needs.
So perfect for family groups and couples getaways, we welcome you to "Orangewood" for your next rural holiday. With uninterrupted views across rolling hills, relax and enjoy the birdlife or be active and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
Why stay at Orangewood?
- Large Gourmet kitchen, 5 Bedrooms + 2 living spaces with fireplaces
- Pool, Gardens & Outdoor entertaining
- Country Views, Bird life, Space & Serenity
- Welcome gift on arrival, Books & DVDs to relax with
- Kid friendly inside & out with games, toyroom & bikes
- Only 15 mins drive to Millthorpe village & cafes
- Walks & Amazing star-gazing & Environmentally sustainable
- Set nightly house price for 11 no complicated extra costs & cleaning is included
- Fully Glass fenced 18m Pool CLOSED IN COOLER MONTHS
- Plenty of parking outside 7+ cars
- 6 burner gas hood BBQ
- Telstra 3G network coverage please verify other telco providers
- 2 x Small outdoor table/chair settings for portable dining
- Sealed roads until you reach property driveway gravel for 200m and suitable for cars driving slowly
- 18/10 stainless steel kitchen cutlery, crockery setup for 10-12 plus coffee plunger, teapot, breadmaker, large sandwich press, toaster, large selection of platters & serving bowls, chopping boards, wine glasses etc
- Portable fan heaters in the winter + 2 fireplaces with wood provided
- Open plan dining with 12 seater dining table 2 x 6 seater table for flexibile configurations
- Informal 2 seater lounge in passage way for lazing on sunny days
- Radio//CD player with CDs, Speaker with RCA out for Android devices, iPod player
- Separate laundry with washing machine, dryer, cleaning and Ironing facilities + bar drinks fridge
- Full internal fire safety ie smoke alarms in all rooms, fire extinguisher/fire blanket in kitchen, exit lighting
- 2 x High Chairs
- Quality Bed Linen provided Quilts, sheets, pillows, electric blankets
- Organic bodywash and handwash
- Bathroom Towels, hand towels, bath mats, septic friendly toilet paper
- Cleaning included in nightly fee excluding BBQ.
- Babysitting available on request additional charges
For 11 guests:
- Large Family bedroom with QB + SB + room for BYO cot + access to en-suite bathroom
- 3 x QB bedrooms 2 with built in wardrobes 2 rooms large enough for BYO cot
- 1 bedroom with 2 x Single beds built in wardrobe
- 1 x Bathroom with Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
- 1x 2-way Bathroom from family bedroom and from hallway with Bath, Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- THE POOL - We'll do our best to keep it pristine but this is a remote farm and leaves etc can blow in between cleans. It can be a bit cloudy if topped up from bore but is cleaned regularly. It also has green tiles, not blue which can affect appearance but it is safe and chlorinated.
- There is no WiFi/Internet - With the rollout of NBN Wireless, it is not suitable for mass guests who expect 'city-like' bandwidth speeds and want to video stream.Guests own mobile phones with data plans assuming you have coverage with your provider can generate wifi hot spots.
- This is a farmstay and council permission for holiday let is based upon no noise impact to neighbouring farms or animals so no noisy parties etc
- Refunds cannot be issued if weather causes the power to be out
- With any farm, you may encounter unwelcome spiders, rodents etc but we have done our best to ensure the house is free of pests without overdoing the chemical spraying
- It is a small working farm with vines and cattle but you do have exclusive use of house and property for duration of your stay
-Self-catering only: BYO Food - evening convenience/shopping/restaurants is really only available in Orange 20 mins away
- NO SMOKING anywhere on the property
- An allocation of wood and kindling is provided
- BYO coffee machine because the owners don't drink coffee
- Please clean BBQ after use
- NO PETS - there is no secure fencing
- BYO pool towels
- Cleaning is done once checked out - it is not serviced daily