VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS If you want a rural 5 bedroom holiday home with stunning views and serenity, then "Orangewood" is it. Just 20 mins drive south of Orange and 10 mins away from the chic cafes of historic Millthorpe, Orangewood is a fabulous farm holiday for friends and family 11 guests. With plenty of space and views from Mt Canabolas and around the region, Orangewood is perched on top of 12 hectares of cattle paddocks and vineyards.
Orangewood has an excellent northerly layout providing sunny areas for all seasons. A large open kitchen and dining with timber floors and huge windows overlooks the wonderful large and sunny pergola. Perfect for the cooler months and if you are lucky to be snow covered, it's drenched in winter sun providing a snug and warm interior with 2 wood fireplaces. With the kitchen overlooking the pool, in the warmer months, entertain on the large south verandah. Be just metres away from expansive grass areas and outdoor fully glass fenced 18m pool closed in cooler months.
With uninterrupted views across rolling hills from many spots on the property, Orangewood is just perfect to just relax and enjoy the bird life. Bike riding/cycling is very popular around the nearby roads. You can also venture further afield to the bustling vibrant regional city of Orange, visit famous Orange wineries, be about 40 mins to Bathurst, or a day trip to Dubbo Zoo. And best of all, whilst you are in a rural environment, you are an easy 10 mins to Millthorpe to cafes and essential provisions.
Perfect for family groups, couples getaways or that girls weekend away complete with chick flick movies
We welcome you to Orangewood for your next holiday
- 12 hectares 39 acres of vineyard, house & gardens and paddocks
- Fully Glass fenced 18m Pool
- Plenty of parking outside 7+ cars
- Outdoor entertaining for 6 on south pool verandah extendible to 10-12 using additional chairs
- 6 burner gas hood BBQ
- Flat grassed areas & Gardens
- Kids bikes and kids sports equipment + kid tree swing
- Telstra 3G network coverage please verify other telco providers
- Outdoor entertaining in Sunny North Pergola/Terrace
- 2 x Small outdoor table/chair settings for portable dining
- Sealed roads until you reach property driveway gravel for 200m and suitable for cars driving slowly
- Fully equipped gourmet kitchen - large fridge + spare drinks fridge in laundry, ASKO dishwasher, microwave, large rangehood 6 gasburner stove and extra wide electric oven
- 18/10 stainless steel kitchen cutlery, crockery setup for 10-12 plus coffee plunger, teapot, breadmaker, large sandwich press, toaster, large selection of platters & serving bowls, chopping boards, wine glasses etc
- Quality bed linen & electric blankets
- Underfloor heating individually thermostat controlled
- Basic condiments provided including tea/coffee/sugar/milk for tea/coffee, oil etc
- Organic handwash and bodywash included
- 2 large Lounge areas with 2 Fire places, flat screen TVs free-to-air & DVD players
- Open plan dining with 12 seater dining table 2 x 6 seater table for flexibile configurations
- Movie DVDs, books and kids toys/games
- Informal 2 seater lounge in passage way for lazing on sunny days
- Radio//CD player with CDs, Speaker with RCA out for Android devices
- Separate laundry with washing machine, dryer, cleaning and Ironing facilities
- Playroom with table and chairs for little kids
- Full internal fire safety ie smoke alarms in all rooms, fire extinguisher/fire blanket in kitchen, exit lighting
For 11 guests:
- Large Family bedroom with QB + SB + room for BYO cot + access to en-suite bathroom
- 3 x QB bedrooms 2 with built in wardrobes 2 rooms large enough for BYO cot
- 1 bedroom with 2 x Single beds built in wardrobe
- 1 x Bathroom with Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
- 1x 2-way Bathroom from family bedroom and from hallway with Bath, Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
- Quality Bed Linen provided Quilts, sheets, pillows, electric blankets
- Organic bodywash and handwash
- Bathroom Towels, hand towels, bath mats, toilet paper
- Wood allocation
- Cleaning excluding BBQ.
-THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL CLEANING FEE UNLIKE OTHER PROPERTIES.
- Use of 4 Queen Beds and 3 Singe Beds.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- THE POOL - We'll do our best to keep it pristine but this is a remote farm and leaves etc can blow in between cleans. It can be a bit cloudy at times due to the amount of organics blowing into the pool, older age of pool and is cleaned regularly. It also has green tiles, not blue which can affect appearance but it is safe and chlorinated.
- There is NO Wi-Fi as it is on the NBN. With only NBN Wireless, it is not suitable for mass guests who expect 'city-like' bandwidth speeds and want to video stream.
- This is a farmstay and council permission for holiday let is based upon no noise impact to neighbouring farms or animals so no noisy parties etc
- Refunds cannot be issued if weather causes the power to be out
- With any farm, you may encounter unwelcome spiders, rodents etc but we have done our best to ensure the house is free of pests without overdoing the chemical spraying
- It is a small working farm with vines and cattle but you do have exclusive use of house and property for duration of your stay
-Self-catering only: BYO Food - evening convenience/shopping/restaurants is really only available in Orange 20 mins away
- NO SMOKING anywhere on the property
- This property is only served by RAINWATER
- Wood and kindling is provided
- BYO coffee machine because the owners don't drink coffee
- Please clean BBQ after use
- NO PETS - there is no secure fencing
- BYO pool towels
- Cleaning is done once checked out - it is not serviced daily
PAYMENT TO BE MADE IN FULL AT BOOKING - NO CONFIRMATION UNTIL FULL PAYMENT.
No refunds once paid. Only 1 Date change can be made at owner discretion if 6 weeks in advance of booking date.