VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS That's what everyone says when they walk onto the property
"Orangewood" is a lovely rural 5 bedroom hill top home with stunning views. In the southern Orange wine region, it's 20 mins from Orange town centre and 10 mins from historic Millthorpe and it's cafes & wine cellar doors. It has established gardens, massive pool with views, fireplaces & vast spaces. Also family friendly with bikes, toys and playroom, the 44 acres of vineyards formerly "Gold Dust Winery" & cattle paddocks make it a destination in itself to relax, feast or be active and not just a place to sleep.
PLEASE NOTE THE POOL IS ONLY OPEN DEC -MAR. It maybe usable in November or April but this is a cold climate region so no guarantees. Please check with us before booking those months.
Why stay at Orangewood?
- 5 Bedrooms, 3 separate indoor Sitting spaces, 2 Large fireplaces
- Open plan gourmet kitchen and large flexible dining configurations
- 18m private Pool with views, Established Deciduous Gardens
- Separate Outdoor entertaining places of various seating combos
- Magnificent 360 degree Views, Amazing bird life, Grassed Spaces & Serenity
- Welcome gift on arrival and Late checkout of 2pm
- Optionally Kid friendly inside & out with Playroom, toys & games, Bikes
- Movies, Books, Games for all ages
- Only 15 mins drive to Millthorpe village & cafes
- Quality linen, condiments and bathroom essentials provided
What awaits you?
With a welcome gift on arrival, stoke up the fireplaces in the winter, or jump straight into the pool in the summer and settle in for the night. Wake up in the mornings to peace and for early birds, enjoy beautiful sun rises. Wander outside in the gardens with your morning cuppa, breathe in fresh country air. For the active, nice brisk walks or a run on the local roads is very popular.
Back inside, "Orangewood" has an excellent northerly layout to provide lots of sunny areas. With floor to ceiling glass windows, it encapsulates the wonderful large garden terrace pergola and views across the front lawns & beyond. Enjoy your breakfast at the dining table whilst watching the bird bath and the beautiful rainbow lorrikeets fly in.
For all those home made Masterchefs, they'll love the large kitchen and freestanding extra wide oven, Gas cooktop, Large fridge + drinks fridge, Asko dishwasher, entertaining platters, bench space and all the cooking & cleaning utensils you could need. There's also a condiment cupboard for use. In the large kitchen, enjoy your feast in the dining area with 12 seater, flexible configuration dining tables. Plus there's the adjacent laundry with ironing and clothes washing facilities if needed.
Perfect for the cooler months, Orangewood is well insulated with 2 wood fireplaces as centrepieces of the large lounge rooms. Enjoy the ambience with the firewood we provide and roast your complimentary marshmallows winter only whilst cosy inside. It could be a winter wonderland outside July/August if you are lucky to have snow.
In the summer, it's perfect temperature inside and out as the region only reaches low 30C maximums. You'll love the kitchen overlooking the 18m fully glassed fence pool on the southern side - closed in cooler months. Entertain on the large south verandah with the pool metres away which is great for kid supervision. Cook up a feast on the large gas BBQ whilst your drinks keep cool in the spare drinks fridge just inside the back door. We provide some basic pool toys, plus with the kids imagination, everyone will have fun in the largest private pool you'll probably ever experience.
With two separate lounge/living zones, there's 2 flat screen TVs & plenty of space for all ages. Books, board games and movie DVD's keep everyone occupied inside. The Orange region generally has an abundance of blue skies and clear days, so during the day, use the expansive grass areas for outdoor games such as bocce, totem tennis, balls, cricket and a skateboard to name a few.
"Orangewood" is definitely great for kids to be free whilst the adults relax. The kids will love the toy/playroom complete with toys and books for a range of ages. Outside, there's a kid-made mini BMX style bike track with 4 different size bikes and helmets supplied in the shed. With grassed areas for outdoor sport games, plus toddler tree swing, there's plenty of dirt to play in and space for the kids to be real.
If you feel like venturing further, using our visitor guide, you can travel to historic Millthorpe and stroll around the village cafes and general store. That's one of the secrets of "Orangewood" - whilst you are in a rural area, you are only 15 mins from Millthorpe and great coffee/cafes. With the tourist information and Orange region winery maps we provide, it's not too far to whiz into town ie the bustling vibrant regional city of Orange, visit famous Orange wineries, be about 40 mins to Bathurst, or a day trip to Dubbo Zoo.
So back at "Orangewood" in the evening - the skyline is often just perfect for orange sunsets amongst the tree lines. Once the sun is set, from the back porch, the night sky and stars are just amazing. The Milky Way galaxy is falling upon you, it seems so close. Free of light pollution, these are skies you rarely see in metro areas.
When it comes to head hit pillow time, you'll experience comfortable and quality bedding with plentiful pillows and a bedside light. Winter wool quilts and electric blankets keep you warm in the winter with fan heaters. There is option for underfloor heating but this is charged additional we pass the electricity costs on .
You don't need to worry about bathroom linen either, as we provide quality bath towels, hand towels and bath mats 1 set per bathroom.
We're also environmentally friendly at "Orangewood" to keep our septic tank healthy and proud supporters of the not-for-profit whogivesacrap website for our toilet paper, kitchen roll etc - using recycled, earth friendly materials to support developing nations sanitary needs.
We welcome you to "Orangewood" for your next rural holiday. With uninterrupted views across rolling hills, relax and enjoy the birdlife or be active and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
- Fully Glass fenced 18m Pool CLOSED IN COOLER MONTHS Open Dec -April approx
- All flat inside for easy access
- Plenty of parking outside 7+ cars plus Caravans
- Large Gas hood BBQ with Wok burner
- Telstra 3G network coverage please verify other telco providers
- 2 Large Outdoor entertaining settings plus 2 x Small outdoor table/chair settings for portable dining
- Sealed roads until you reach property driveway gravel for 200m
- 18/10 stainless steel kitchen cutlery, crockery setup for 10-12 plus coffee plunger, teapot, breadmaker, large sandwich press, slow cooker, toaster, large selection of platters & serving bowls, chopping boards, wine glasses etc
- 9 Portable fan heaters + 2 fireplaces with wood provided complete house underfloor heating optional extra @$180/night - unused amount refunded with smart metering
- Open plan dining with 12 seater dining table 2 x 6 seater table for flexibile configurations
- Informal 2 seater lounge in passage way
- Radio//CD player with CDs, iPod player
- Separate laundry with washing machine, dryer, cleaning and Ironing facilities + bar drinks fridge
- Full internal fire safety council compliance
- 2 x High Chairs
- Quality Bed Linen provided Quilts, sheets, pillows, electric blankets
- Organic bodywash, and handwash
- Bathroom Towels per bathroom - 1 set hand towels & bath mats, toilet paper
- Cleaning included excluding BBQ.
- Babysitting available on request additional charges
For 11 guests:
- Large Family bedroom with QB + SB + room for BYO cot + BIR + access to en-suite bathroom
- 3 x QB bedrooms 2 with BIR 2 rooms large enough for BYO cot
- 1 bedroom with 2 x Single beds BIR
- 1 x Bathroom with Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
- 1x 2-way Bathroom from family bedroom and from hallway with Bath, Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
BOOKINGS PREFERENCE: We give preference to bookings from families and mature age groups. Any other groups will be by exception - you will need to convince us that you will not be loud - strictly NO LOUD PARTIES. We have had a very bad prior experience. Please enquire before booking and we're happy to discuss with you.
- THE POOL - We'll do our best to keep it pristine but this is a remote farm, not a resort and is topped up from bore. It is safe and chlorinated when open.
- NO WiFi/Internet - With the rollout of NBN Wireless, it is not suitable for mass guests who expect 'city-like' bandwidth speeds and want to video stream.Guests own mobile phones with data plans assuming you have coverage with your provider can generate wifi hot spots.
- This is a farmstay and council permission for holiday let is based upon no noise impact to neighbouring farms
- Refunds cannot be issued if weather causes the power to be out
- With any farm, you may encounter unwelcome spiders, rodents etc but we have done our best to ensure the house is free of pests without overdoing the chemical spraying
- It is a small working farm but you do have exclusive use of house and property for duration of your stay
-Self-catering only: BYO Food. No home delivery available. Nearest dining is Millthorpe, Blayney or Orange
- NO SMOKING anywhere on the property
- Wood and kindling is provided
- BYO coffee machine because the owners don't drink coffee
- Please clean BBQ after use
- NO PETS - there is no secure fencing and scares off the resident echidna