The Sampson - Orange, is a completely renovated Californian bungalow in Orange’s dress circle. Style, elegance and luxury that says "Come inside and relax... unwind... pamper yourself."
Like all homes of this era, she has settled gracefully into old age. We celebrate the lives she’s led and the idiosyncrasies that make her special - with the added benefit of tasteful sympathetic renovation plus all the mod cons.
Charm mixed with urbane sophistication.
The Sampson - Orange is ideally suited to the discerning couple, or one or two couples wanting to experience what Orange has to offer from a sophisticated and beautifully appointed launch pad.
You'll have access to the whole house and garden. One room is used for storage and servicing.
The Sampson - Orange sits in the Orange dress circle. An area in the centre of Orange filled with tree lined streets, parks, an amalgam of wonderful architecture from Victorian, Federation, mid-century to Modern.
Quiet spacious surrounds, in a lovely quiet location, yet minutes from cafes, restaurants, shops and all the services you look for.
Great coffee, great food, amazing wineries - with award winning cool climate wines – and all the modern shopping and services that you expect of a growing city.
It’s worth coming to Orange just to have your morning coffee at Bills Beans. You can take a stroll just around the corner for a brunch at Byng Street Café & Store.
Take a drive out to any of Orange’s stunning intimate wineries and hear first hand from the winemaker of the passion and love they invest in their charge.
Spend the evening in any one of the plethora of restaurants and eateries within walking distance… and then return home to curl up on the couch and catch up on your latest ‘must watch’ TV or movie. Or finish that book you’ve been trying to get through for months.
There’s so much to do and enjoy… or not.
Simply take the opportunity to escape from the world in your own luxurious oasis and recharge the over-worked batteries.
The Sampson - Orange is walking distance from much of what the city has to offer. For the less pedestrian, nothing is more than a few minutes drive away.
There are more than 40 cellar doors in the region and the cabbies know them all - and they're very friendly
So you can save your car for the trips further afield and the rest of the time take a stroll through the wide boulevarde like tree lined streets.
If you're heading out for dinner and you're planning on tasting some of the best cool climate wines in the country - have a chat to the cabbie who dropped you at the cellar door. They know all the restaurants too.
Then you can enjoy yourself, safe in the knowledge that your car is tucked up at home waiting for you.
And your license keeps the points.
SOME HOUSE RULES
• Check-in time is after 3PM
• Check-out is prior to 11AM
• The Sampson - Orange is smoke-free and drug-free property, including the outdoor areas.
• The Sampson - Orange is a precious piece of Australian architectural history. It is newly renovated, well maintained, immaculately clean and very well appointed for your comfort and convenience. We hope you get as much enjoyment from her as we do.
• We trust that you respect the age of the cottage, and care for it accordingly, leaving it in the same condition as when you arrived.
• Pets are not permitted
• The Sampson - Orange, is not appointed for children. There are no cots, extra beds, high chairs etc. The supervision, safety, wellbeing and care of any children, is the sole responsibility of the accompanying adult
• Parties are not permitted. The property is in a residential area. We are fortunate to have wonderful neighbours who have been long term residents and we ask that you are respectful and keep noise to a minimum.
• We expect you’ll be sensitive to the environment and not wasteful when using water, heating and cooling utilities.
• We trust in your honesty to report breakages and pay for the equivalent replacement.
• There are a number of scented candles on the property. Feel free to use them. Be aware that you take responsibility for ensuring children do not use them as toys, and you are liable for any and all damage.
• Please note that you are welcome to have bicycles and sporting equipment at The Sampson - Orange, and to work on and service them outside. You will be responsible for the cost of any cleaning that may be required. No bicycles and/or sporting equipment is allowed in the house at any time