In any season our home provides an amazing escape into the heart of rural New South Wales less than a 3 hour drive from Sydney.
The property runs down to the Barrington River which is a hive of activity for water sports - kayakers, canoists, kids and big kids racing on inner tubes, and fishing lovers all use the river especially during the summer. The walk from the house is about 500m.
Your kids will also spend a lot of time in the fully fenced salt water in ground pool - you can watch them as you laze in the sun.
Sit on our verandah, listen to the birds and enjoy the spectacular backdrop of the famous Bucketts Mountain Range. You are not too far from civilisation - just 15 minutes by car takes you into historic Gloucester with cafès, pubs, supermarkets, shops, tennis courts and parks.
We love to relax up there and we love the time away from our phones and computers - but we do have wifi and a large screen tv with foxtel just in case you need to keep in touch, want to know what’s going on in the world or just want to check the sports scores.
We have a number of activities on and off site in case you do want to keep busy:
On site - you can:
• bush walk
• fish – either in the Barrington River or in in the large dam catch and release
• swim in the salt water pool or tube down the Barrington River
Off site - within a 10 minute drive you can:
• mountain bike
• white water raft
• play tennis
• play golf
Off site - within a 30 minute drive you can:
• go horse riding on trails though the foothills of Barrington Tops on the Cobark River –fully guided horse rides through mountain trails along crystal clear mountain streams.
• hike in the Barrington Tops National Park and Gloucester Tops National Park
Our House is in Barrington, New South Wales, which is a comfortable 3 hours drive north of Sydney and under 1.5 hours drive from Newcastle.
Barrington River House sits on over 400 acres of visually stunning farmland in the Barrington River Valley, New South Wales. Built in the early 2000’s the house is modern in style yet rests harmoniously in the beautiful rural surroundings.
It is the ideal location for those seeking tranquility, peace and relaxation.
• We can sleep up to 8 guests - the House has 3 bedrooms 2 queen beds and 2 single beds For more than 6 guests we can open an adjoining self contained suite with another queen bed and bathroom.
• Layout of house and self contained area - see the floor plan in the photos;
• Reverse cycle air-conditioning and ceiling fans in the bedrooms;
• Large screen TV with DVD player and cable television;
• Linen and guest toiletries provided;
• Slow Combustion fire in lounge room – firewood supplied during the winter months;
• Gas BBQ with hood located on covered tiled return verandah;
• Kitchen - fully equipped with oven, dishwasher, large stainless steel fridge/freezer, microwave and cooktop. and some basic provisions
• Bathrooms - The house has three bathrooms - one full bathroom with bath, shower recess and toilet, the second is with a toilet only and the third is an ensuite to the main bedroom with shower and toilet;
• Two car garage;
• Mobile phones – please note that there is limited mobile phone access. For those who must stay within reach - free WIFI, local calls and satellite television are provided. Incoming and local phone calls included;
• Absolute privacy - you will have the place to yourselves.
We are able now able to accommodate larger families/groups of up to 14 guests with the Old Schoolmaster's Cottage on the Barrington River which is located on the same large rural property. The Cottage and House are private and separate from each other. To access the Cottage from the House you need to cross Barrington East Road and walk approximately 500m.