In the lush Barrington River valley you'll find Riverview Cottage. Located on the high banks above The Steps rapids, this splendid bushland location offers you an escape to unspoilt river vistas and friendly wildlife.
Riverview Cottage is a self contained holiday home that can sleep up to 11 people in contemporary comfort.
There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The two bedrooms in the main house comfortably sleep 6 guests plus another 2 in the sofabed. Plus in the annexe connected to the house there's room for another 3 guests and it has its own ensuite bathroom.
For relaxed al fresco meals, the deck overlooking the river is perfect for your outdoor entertaining, complete with table setting and BBQ ready for your long lunch. The slow combustion fireplace will be your comfy companion in the cooler months.
Air conditioning in the main house provides year round comfort.
Please note no pets are allowed due to the close proximity of wildlife.
There are plenty of things to do:
- At the grassy riverbanks located below the cottage there is plenty of space to kick a ball or throw a frisbee.
- Be sure to pack your mountain bikes for our brand new mountain bike park, with plenty of trails great for riders of all skill levels.
- Take a bush walk along the river bank and you will encounter birds, wallabies, wallaroos and lizards.
- Fun water activities include swimming, canoeing, kayaking and fishing. And do not forget your favourite li-lo or rubber ring to just float around in the sunshine
- In the surrounding mountain ranges there are many different walks, hikes or mountain bike adventures.
- Add an abseiling lesson and you will have one of the best holidays to brag about
Barrington Outdoor Adventure Centre offers exciting half day and full day guided tours in these scenic foothills of world heritage-listed Barrington Tops. Try a thrilling white water adventure by canoe or kayak, or take an adrenalin pumping mountain bike ride across our high green forests. All the guided tours are easy for anyone to do and the activities are graded according to your experience and expertise. And of course you can just simply hire a canoe or kayak so you can paddle at your own blissful pace.