If you're looking for peaceful holiday accommodation with stunning water views, look no further then Lakes Edge Cottage. Nestled on the shores of picturesque Lake Macquarie, this is your idyllic retreat to soak up the views and leave your daily worries behind. The perfect getaway for either a family, with it's proximity to the lake, beaches & large yard or a romantic getaway for two.
Lakes Edge Cottage is a 2 Bedroom double storey absolute waterfront property which is tastefully renovated and furnished. Drive through the garage for access to the water's edge.
A fully self-contained cottage with BBQ & outdoor setting on large balcony and master bedroom overlooking lake. Additional downstairs bathroom with washing machine & dryer.
The Cottage sleeps up to 6 people and is ideal for either 2 couples or a family:
Bedroom 1: 1 Queen size bed
Bedroom 2: Double bed bunk sleeps 3 + 1 single bed + pull-out single trundle bed.
Pets are allowed but not inside the Cottage.
For larger groups such as 2 families or sleeping quarters for the kids, there is also a secluded self-contained boathouse available for rental which is located only 1 metre from the lake's edge & about 50 metres in front of the cottage. Please enquire as to the availability + pricing, as discounts will be offered for combined booking of the Cottage and Boathouse.
LOCATION and ATTRACTIONS
Located on the eastern side of Lake Macquarie & only 1 hour drive north from the start of the M1 at Wahroonga, you will be able to enjoy all these activities:
- Beaches: 3 minutes drive to Catherine Hill Bay or 5 minutes to Caves Beach
- Fishing: cast a line from the backyard
- Table tennis located downstairs
- Visit the Hunter for some wine tasting
- Kids swing & climbing outdoor play equipment
- Dining: go for a casual lunch at Catho Pub, the new Caves Beachside Hotel or neighbouring restaurants at Rafferty's Resort 2 minute drive or....just kick back & relax with a BBQ on the balcony as you watch the sunset over the lake.
- Boating tie up at the water's edge in the back yard
...& for those necessities, take a 5 minute drive to Swansea to supermarkets & restaurants.
The location is beautiful - just perfect. We tied our boat up in the back yard and enjoyed coming and going at our leisure. The home is beautifully decorated, well appointed and a pleasure to stay in. Watch out for the kookaburras when you're eating breakfast Rebecca. Rating: 5/5