Newly listed on Stayz in 2016, this lovingly restored 1920s Australian weatherboard 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home is able to meet all your needs and is sure to please.
Perfect for families & small groups, including business travellers. Suitable for young children (toddlers/babies).
Great central location to everything Newcastle has to offer.
Suitable for anything from a weekend getaway to longer term stays (which can be offered at heavily discounted rates).
RECEIVE A 10%-20% DISCOUNT - Upon writing a "Stayz Review" online, repeat customers who stay with us will be eligible for a minimum 10% discount on future stays. Please enquire at time of booking to be eligible. Last minute bookings will be eligible for a 20% discount only - this discount is applied automatically for those booking online.
LOCATION. Wonderfully private home in Newcastle City's suburb of Hamilton. Lovely, quiet corner-block location situated at the base of Cameron Hill, in the residential precinct of Hamilton diagonally-opposite the beautiful Gregson Park.
BEDROOMS. This home features 3 very large bedrooms (with the following beds: 1 king, 1 queen, 1 double and 1 single bed), 2 large bathrooms (main bedroom with ensuite and walk-in robe). The other two bedrooms have large built-in robes. All linen provided.
BATHROOMS. The two bathrooms are simply stunning, one with a claw foot bath and exceptionally large shower. The other is a large ensuite with large shower, toilet & pedestal hand basin. All towels & soap provided.
KITCHEN. The kitchen has all you will need for a self-catered stay, including microwave, 5-gas burner stove top, oven, large fridge and dishwasher, plus everything from cutlery, plates, glassware to bakeware. Tea & coffee supplied.
OTHER FEATURES. The home is fully-furnished, with everything you will need for a self-catered stay. All linen included, ironing & laundry facilities available. TV & DVD player in lounge room.
INTERNET. WIFI internet can be made available on request (additional usage charges apply). Please ensure your requirements for internet are included at time of booking.
HEATING/COOLING. The property boasts ceiling fans in all bedrooms and living areas, and with 10ft ceilings throughout, the house stays quite cool even in the height of Summer. In Winter, ample gas heating is available in the combined living area.
***Air-conditioning is in the process of also being organised for installation in November, well prior to this coming Summer, and will thus also be an extra feature for those who book over the forthcoming Summer period.
COURTYARD. The house also has a small courtyard at the rear which is a safe play space for young children, including toddlers.
PROPERTY ACCESS. Guests will have exclusive access to the entire home, garage and courtyard area for the duration of the booking. Access to the house itself is via either a front entrance with stairs, or a rear door that is accessible via a side gate which has direct access to street-side parking. Whilst not advertised as suitable for wheelchairs, there is only one small step-up into the house at the rear and as such, the property is quite suitable for those with mobility constraints and/or pram access.
Bed 1 - main bedroom with king bed, ensuite bathroom & walk-in robe.
Bed 2 - large bedroom with queen bed & single bed, and large robe.
Bed 3 - large bedroom with double bed & large robe.
CHILD-FRIENDLY. The property is child-friendly and can cater for young babies & toddlers. Cot, high chair, baby gate, change mat and toy chest (12mths-4yrs) available upon request. Cot linen available.
PARKING. Garage for off-street parking for up to 2 vehicles (1 large/1 small car) can be made available upon request. Otherwise there is always ample free street parking directly outside the property, which allows for easy check-in with luggage via a side gate. Please ask at time of booking to ensure garage beeper can be made available.
EASY CHECK-IN. 24hr check-in available. Guests will be provided a personalized access code to a secure locked box to obtain key.
SHOPPING. Numerous nearby shops exist, including Beaumont street (which has an IGA), Marketown Village (Coles/Woolworths/BigW), Kotara Westfield. For those who need a quick shop to pick up essentials when time is short , a Shell Service station/Coles Express "Click & Collect" (Coles Express, 2 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow) for online shopping is locate 2min drive from the house. Groceries including cold/frozen items can be ordered 2days in advance and stored there for a quick collection prior to check-in. Home delivery groceries are also available through Coles Online.
SAFETY. Smoke detectors are installed throughout the property for peace-of-mind & safety. Property also includes fire extinguisher, fire blanket & first aid kit.
SUITABLY. Please note that this property is available & competitively priced for any of the following stays:
- weekend getaways
- short stays
- family & small groups
- wedding party accommodation
- corporate & business requirements
- relocations & expats
- longer term arrangements can be catered for at heavily discounted rates (please enquire)
CONVENIENCES. Close to everything, including:
- local shops, cafes, restaurants & takeaway food, post office, chemist, ATM/banks (Beaumont street is 5min walk away)
- major department stores & supermarkets at Westfield Kotara (David Jones, K-mart, Coles/Woolworths), Charlestown Square, Marketown Parry St (Big W, Woolworths), Waratah Village (Coles, K-mart)
- Newcastle CBD,
- local transport (bus stop opposite, Broadmeadow train 5min walking distance)
- the John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle Private & Mater Hospitals,
- Newcastle University,
- Newcastle Stadium,
- Newcastle Showgrounds,
- Broadmeadow Racecourse, and
- Newcastle sporting fields.
Also a short day-trip to the Hunter Valley (40min drive), Port Stephens (40min drive) and Barrington Tops (1hr)
- All guests are required to ensure the property is left in the same clean and tidy condition that it was provided to them in. There is strictly a no-party policy for this property. All rubbish is to be removed at the end of each stay. Dishwasher is to be emptied of all kitchen items prior to your departure. If "extra" cleaning is required, this may result in additional charges being incurred or your security deposit being retained.
- Please note that the $100 cleaning fee (charged per stay) covers the cost of laundering linen & preparing beds, the cleaning of bathrooms & the cleaner tending to a basic level of cleaning throughout the remainder of the house. If "extra" cleaning is required (i.e rubbish removal, unwashed kitchen items, removal of foodstuffs, spills that have been left (mircowave, fridge, stovetop, oven) &/or sticky floors/kitchen benches), please note that this may result in additional charges being incurred as a result of your stay or your security deposit being retained in part or in full.
- Any damage to the property and/or breakages are to be reported please.
- Please also draw any maintenance issues that require attention to the Owner.
- Check-in is to be no earlier than 3pm on the day of arrival, and check-out is to be no later than 10:00am on the day of departure.
- Pets are NOT allowed at this property.
- Smoking is NOT permitted either in the house or grounds of this property. Any abuse of this may result in your security deposit not being refunded.
- Property strictly limited to 7 adults.
Hamilton is a lovely inner city suburb of Newcastle, located 4 kilometres from Newcastle's central business district. It is not only a centre for business and transport but is popular for cafes, restaurants and pubs, particularly those located in cosmopolitan Beaumont street (which boasts a range of cuisines & conveniences, including over 25 restaurants/cafes, the major banks, post office and chemist).
Hamilton was home to Newcastle’s first Italian and Greek arrivals and there is still a strong Mediterranean focus in the dining offerings along Beaumont Street. At the corner of Beaumont Street and Maitland Road is Islington, an area known for fantastic antique and bric a brac shopping.
Stallard Cottage is located on a corner block, diagonally opposite from the beautiful Gregson Park - a fabulous spot for picnics and great playground area for children.
Bus. A bus stop into Newcastle & numerous other locations is located directly opposite this property. Opal card required.
[Bus stops 2292 25 and 2292 28 are located directly opposite the property. You can signal the bus driver for any of the following buses: 222, 226, 230, 231, 267, 317, 322, 334, 350 and 363].
Train. Hamilton & Broadmeadow train stations both within a short walk providing multiple transport options for both local and intercity/interstate transport, including the train to/from Sydney. Approximately a $5-10 taxi ride from both stations to Stallard Cottage.
Airport. Stallard Cottage is approximately a 25-30min drive from Newcastle airport, depending on traffic and time of day.