Beach house holiday and short term accommodation.
The house generally gets refreshingly beautiful afternoon sea breezes from the ocean which is only 175m away. However for those really hot days the house has two 7.1kw split system air conditioning units, 6 ceiling fans and 6 floor fans.
This 4 bedroom 1950's style beach house sleeps 14 people in 11 separate beds and is available for holiday accommodation; it is also available for short term accommodation for professionals visiting Newcastle for work assignments.
The beach house does NOT have internet WiFi: but it does have books, board games, poker chips and decks of cards available for your entertainment. Plus Stockton Beach is only 175m from the house.
Smoking and Pets are not permitted at Stockton Beach House
Hen's and Buck's parties are not permitted to be held at Stockton Beach House.
Thanks for looking north of the river to lovely Stockton beach. Stockton is a 700 metre ferry ride from Newcastle CBD. Sooo close to the city.... yet a lifestyle away from it.
Stockton is a chilled out seaside town with a relaxed country feel to it. It has kilometres of long sandy beach to walk along, swimming pool, tennis courts, lawn bowls, flat terrain, wide roads and a great bike track - it is an ideal place for visitors to Newcastle to stay.
The house is less than 5 klm to Newcastle Golf Course and 43 klm from Horizons Golf Course at Salamander Bay Port Stephens.
There is a variety of casual dining venues to choose from: 3 hotels, 2 licenced clubs, 2 fish & chip shops, a pizza place and also Lexie's at the Beach. You can stay for a week and not eat at the same place twice.
The minimum booking period is generally 2 nights; but this can vary during peak holiday periods.
CHILDREN AND FAMILY GROUPS
Stockton Beach House is a family friendly house and children are welcome.
LARGE SAME GENDER GROUPS
I do not accept hens or bucks weekends but I do accept some large same gender group bookings;
The maximum number of guests for a same gender group is generally 11 people, not 14.
If a same gender group wishes to book the beach house then the photo ID of all members of the group must be provided and each member of the group must confirm that they accept the Terms & Conditions of Rental of the beach house.
The security bond for a same gender group is $1600 or $200 per person if the group is more than 8 people.
BEACH HOUSE DETAILS
Smoking and Pets are not permitted at Stockton Beach House
The house is spacious 180 square metres [12m x 15m in size] and ideal for large family groups and for large sporting or work groups due to the number of discrete spaces within the house where people can gather together in smaller groups to socialise or relax.
The feedback I have received from all the large mixed gender groups who have stayed at Stockton Beach House is that groups of 12/14 do fit comfortably in the house without feeling crowded. However the same gender guy groups have suggested that I limit all guy groups to a maximum of 11 people to ensure they do not make the house feel overcrowded.
Groups have told me they like the fact that the large double roomed living/dining room approx. 22sqm in size is large enough that everyone can gather together in the same room to sit, relax and chat together as one large group; and they also liked being able to spread out over several rooms in smaller groups.
The house sleeps 14 people in 11 separate beds in 4 sleeping areas.
The beach house has:
- 11 beds
- Four bed rooms
- Two 7.1kw split system air conditioning units
- Six ceiling fans and six floor fans
- Two bathrooms.
- Two living rooms
- Two dining areas.
- A fully functioning kitchen in which you can prepare meals.
- A laundry if guests need to do washing during their stay.
The sleeping configuration is:
- Bedroom 1: Queen bed
- Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
- Bedroom 3: 3 single beds and a set of bunk beds - this room can sleep 5
- Bedroom 4: a trio bed double bed on bottom and single on top and a set of bunk beds - this room can sleep 5.
Please Note: Three of the beds are the top bunk of a bunk bed. Because of safety concerns I do not allow children under the age of 10 to use the top bunks.
The pricing in the Prices table below is for EIGHT 8 people and includes bed linen and bath towels. .
CLEANING FEE INFORMATION
Please see the terms and conditions of rental - Generally there is NO cleaning fee if you leave the house:
- in a generally clean and tidy condition and pretty much in a similar state to how it was when you arrived.
- the kitchen must be cleaned with no dirty plates, etc. Having the dishwasher stacked and started before you leave is okay.
- the oven and hot plate must be clean.
- all rubbish and recycling must be taken outside and placed in the wheelie bins - excess rubbish and recycling must be taken with you when you depart.
- all mattress protectors and pillow protectors are clean
NOTE: If the beach house is not left in a generally clean & tidy condition, then the cleaning fee is a minimum of $150.
The security bond is usually $1000 for a mature aged mixed gender family group of 8 or fewer people. The security bond is $1600 for a mature aged mixed gender group of more than 8 people.
The security bond is usually $200 per person for a same gender or younger aged group.
Stockton has the beach, surfing, kite-surfing, 4 km of walking and bike tracks, 2 boat ramps, beach fishing, river fishing, tennis, bowls, swimming pool and it is close to the entrance of the Stockton Sand Dunes and four wheel driving.
Stockton has 3 hotels, 2 licensed clubs, 2 hamburger/fish & chip shops, 2 Chinese restaurants and a pizza shop. It also has Lexie's on the beach for coffee and meals.
Stockton is about 15 klm from Williamstown airport - generally an 18 minute drive.
Stockton Beach House is located:
- 175 metres from the beach and from Stockton Surf Club;
- 25 metres from Stockton Tennis Club; and
- 75 metres from the fully licensed Stockton Bowls Club.
- 200 m from the Stockton Beach children’s playground, Barbecue pavilions and Lexies Café on the Beach
- 600 metres from the Stockton swimming pool which has a childrens pool and an Olympic sized pool.
- 600 metres from the skate park
- within 1 km of two separate boat ramps
- 15 km to Newcastle airport
- 18km to the entrance to the 4WD tracks onto the famous Stockton Sand Dunes
- Newcastle CBD with many restaurants, bars, shops and a cinema is a ferry ride away
Stockton Beach House has a strict smoking prohibition.
Stockton Beach House has a strict NO PETS policy.
NO PARTYING POLICY
Stockton Beach House is located in a beach suburb and has neighbors. Parties and/or excessive drinking are not permitted to be held on the property.
Stockton Beach House is 5 km from Newcastle Golf Course at Fern Bay; 20 km from Pacific Dunes Golf course at Medowie; and 45 km from Horizons Golf Course at Salamander Bay.
Newcastle CBD is a 3 minute ferry ride away from Stockton. During operating hours the ferry departs Stockton wharf every 30 minutes during non peak hour weekdays and on weekends; and every 20 minutes during peak hours Monday to Friday.
Newcastle CBD has many restaurants, shops and a cinema all within walking distance of the ferry wharf. There are also major public transport links close to the Newcastle Ferry Terminal on the CBD side of the harbour.