This absolute waterfront retreat is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the sunsets over Lake Macquarie from your own private deck. The perfect getaway for either a romantic weekend for two or a small family, with it's proximity to the lake & beaches.
This original restored boathouse still retains many original features & contains all you need for an enjoyable break.
Lakes Edge Boathouse is 8 x 3m in diameter & has sliding glass doors opening to a covered deck overlooking the Lake.
This fully self-contained boathouse comes with all the comforts you need to make that perfect weekend. Bathroom facilities are located only metres away in a separate adjacent rustic boatshed. It is ideal for either a couple or a small family.
The boathouse contains:
1 x Double bed bunk (sleeps 3)
1 x Fold-out double sofa bed
LOCATIONS and ATTRACTIONS
Located on the eastern side of Lake Macquarie & only 1 hour drive north from the start of the M1 at Wahroonga, you will be able to enjoy all these activities:
- Beaches: a few minutes drive to Catherine Hill Bay or Caves Beach
- Fishing: cast a line from the boathouse deck
- Table tennis
- Visit the Hunter for some wine tasting
- Kids swing & climbing outdoor equipment
- Casual lunch at Catho Pub, the new Caves Hotel or neighbouring restaurants at Rafferty's Resort (2 minute drive)
- Boating: tie it up at the water's edge for easy access or
....just kick back & relax with a BBQ on the boathouse deck as you watch the sunset over the lake.
...& for those necessities, there is a local corner shop within walking distance (along the lake's edge), or take a 7 minute drive to Swansea to a supermarket & more restaurants.