Architecturally designed, this unique residence set amongst lush greens and bushland of the Vintage - Greg Norman's 18 hole championship golf course, boasts 5 bedrooms, four with their own ensuite for comfort and privacy.
One of the bedrooms is a self contained studio with a separate entryway, perfect for the visiting grandparents or guests wanting some more privacy.
A gourmet kitchen with all the utensils and comforts of a "home away from home" is an inviting space to enjoy all the gourmet produce the region has to offer.
A gas barbecue on the back verandah and an outdoor setting for 14 guarantees everyone can take pleasure in the country air, fresh food and views over the golf course and wineries of the Valley.
The house will comfortably accommodate up to 14 people. It is perfectly suited for 3 young families or 14 adults sleeping in a combination of 3 king beds, 6 bunks and 1 queen bed. The sleeping arrangements are :
- loft bedroom - 1KB which can be split into 2 king singles
- 2 bedrooms - 1KB in each which can be split into 2 king singles
- 1 bedroom - QB
- Bunkroom - 6 bunks (3 lots of 2 bunk beds)
All bedrooms have their own ensuite. You are welcome to bring your own cot/ bed for toddlers.
For added comfort, you will be provided with fresh linen, amenities and a fully equipped laundry, essential for longer term stays.
Within The Vintage grounds you will also find the award winning Legends Grill restaurant, fitness facilities, heated lap pool and floodlit tennis courts which can all be used during your stay (some extra charges apply).
For even MORE reasons to come and stay at Barnhill in the Hunter, no matter the season or weather or if special events are your thing, please see the sections below...
Come rain or shine
During your stay, sunshine is the best invitation to explore the grounds, have a game of golf or try the driving range to practice your shots, or simply go for a stroll and enjoy the nature, wildlife and serene setting. You may also choose to go go for a swim in the heated lap pool, use the fitness centre or play a game of tennis.
If you happen to visit the region during a wet weather spell, or need something to do after dark, there is plenty inside the house to keep the family and friends enetertained too:
- billiard table
- video games console (Playstation)
- board game collection with some classics such as Scrabble
- magazines - a perfect selection of hot summer reads, as well as those not to be missed on a winter afternoon with a glass of the local Shiraz.
Local area, attractions and events
- Brokenwood (Graveyard Shiraz)
- Tyrrell's (Semillon, Shiraz)
- Lake's Folly (Chardonnay)
- McWilliams Mount Pleasant (Lovedale Semillon)
- Poole's Rock (Chardonnay)
- Tulloch (Shiraz, Verdehlo)
- Bimbadgen Estate (Shiraz, Semillon)
FOOD and PRODUCE
- Cheese stores (Lovedale Smokehouse, Hunter Valley Cheese Company)
- Sweet tooth (Pokolbin Chocolate and Jam Factory)
- Various growers markets in the area
- Brewery (Blue Tongue)
- Cellar restaurants and cafes - some award winning suggestions:
* Rock (Pokolbin)
* Terroir (Hungerford Hill)
* Majors Lane (Lovedale)
* Esca (Bimbadgen Estate)
* Margan (Broke)
ACTIVITIES in the region
- Day Spas (Golden Door)
- Championship golf (Vintage, Cypress Lakes, The Oaks, Crowne Plaza Golf Club)
- Ballooning (Balloon Aloft, Cloud 9 Balloon flights)
- Horse riding (Hunter Valley Horse Riding and Adventures)
- Cycling (Hunter Valley Cycling - free delivery)
- Helicopters (Hunter Helicopters)
- Gardens (Hunter Valley Gardens, Simply D'vine)