Shellharbour is a charming township on the coast, south of Wollongong. It is located 106km south of Sydney, 25km south of central Wollongong.
Joylaine Beach House is modern self-contained holiday accommodation for up to six people. It is situated in a fabulous location where you can put the car away and just stroll to the shops, cafes, restaurants, walking tracks, harbour, ocean, patrolled beaches, ocean swimming and wading pool, parks, fishing locations, bike tracks, Workers Club, Bowling Club or the hotel.
Your Choice, rest and relax or explore the village and its surrounds:
- Sit on the day bed on the back verandah and catch up on some reading
- Get in the heated outdoor spa that seats six and enjoy a glass of wine
- Stretch your legs and wander through the Village, stop for a hot chocolate at My - Chocolate Shoppe, this is a must
- Browse through the boutiques, home wares and cafes
- Make a reservation at Relish for a great meal, they also have a new restaurant at The Links Golf Club
- Enjoy a stroll along the walking track from Joylaine to Bass Point
- Order some fish and chips and eat it in the park on the foreshore
- Book into Spa Semiyahn, they will give you a 10% discount I you let them know you are staying at Joylaine
- Go swimming at the beach or ocean pool at the end of the street
- Have a surfing lesson with the boys from Pine Surfing Academy (details in the house)
- Play golf at Shellharbour Links or Calderwood
- Visit Green Poppy in the Village, anything from gourmet food to unusual home wares are available
- Buy some gourmet meat from Superior Meats and cook a BBQ
- Take a leisurely drive to Kiama, Gerringong/Gerroa, Jamberoo or Berry, all are villages worth visiting
- Minnamurra General Store has great food and coffee
- Manning Street Deli in Kiama does great all day dining and coffee and is one of our favourites
- Follow the tourist drive to Minnamurra Falls or up to Saddleback Mountain
- Go on a Top Gun flight from Illawarra Regional Airport
- Book in for High Tea at Ravensthorpe Guesthouse & Restaurant
- Book into a diving course and explore Bass Point for great on shore diving
- Drive to Robertson for a famous pie
- Take a scenic drive to Mt Keira Lookout and stop at the Nan Tien Temple on the way back
- Check out the markets, Shellharbour Village Craft Markets on the second Sunday of each month, Kiama Seaside Market on the third Sunday of every month, Kiama Produce Markets on the fourth Saturday of each month or the Berry Markets on the first Sunday of each month
The surrounding area offers rainforest walks, stunning drives and scenery, golf courses, top gun flights from the airport, markets (gourmet & craft), museums, fishing, snorkelling, diving (Bass Point is know as one of the best on shore diving locations in NSW) and small coastal and country towns to visit.
Kiama (14km), Gerringong/Gerroa (25km), Jamberoo (20km) and Berry (37km) are all worth visiting whilst in the area.
Lake Illawarra, Bowral, Robertson, Minnamurra Falls, Picnic Island, Blackbutt Forest Reserve, Mount Keira Lookout and Jamberoo Action Park are also nearby.
A must is to visit what the locals call The Farm in Killalea State Recreation Area. It's a well know surfing location and also a great place for a picnic or to watch the world go by.
Joylaine is a fully self contained, modern two storey house. It is very spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated, offering local modern art, quality furniture & facilities.
Three bedrooms (upstairs) and two bathrooms accommodate six people.
- The master bedroom has a queen size bed
- The second bedroom has a double bed and a TV & DVD player
- The third bedroom has two singles, but can be made into a king size bed if required.
The upstairs lounge room has a leather lounge, large Plasma TV with Foxtel, DVD, Playstation 2 & we offer games and DVDs.
Off the lounge and bedrooms is a large verandah with a day bed for you to relax on.
The house also has a portable cot and linen should you need it. Quality sheets, quilts, blankets, towels & beach towels are included.
The upstairs bathroom has a separate bath, large shower and toilet & is a modern design.
Downstairs, the large open plan kitchen area downstairs is a modern design with a Caesarstone bench top that doubles as the dining room table. The stainless steel Ilve stove (gas hotplates and electric oven) is a feature of the area and other inclusions are dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer. All utensils & small appliances are included (toaster, kettle, glasses, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, etc).
The area also has sofas, TV, DVD, stereo & stools for you to use.
There is a well equipped laundry, with washing machine & laundry powder, clothes dryer, vacuum cleaner, iron & ironing board. The bathroom has a shower and toilet.
Outside, the fully fenced courtyard is accessed from the kitchen area & features a four burner built in BBQ, outdoor table setting, outdoor shower (hot and cold water) & a six seater outdoor heated spa to relax in. This area also has a clothes line.
The garage has remote control with direct access into the house & there is also room on the driveway for another car and plenty of street parking if needed.
We also have a supply of books, magazines, board games, toys, picnic basket/utensils, cooler bags & drink holders to mention a few items.