Mel Vedere Holiday House is a neat & tidy 2/3 bedroom home which comfortably accommodates 6 people MAX 4 Adults & 2 Children. The property offers great value for the budget conscious family looking for holiday accommodation in popular Shellharbour.
PROPERTY FEATURES :-
- Main bedroom with 1 queen bed
- Second bedroom with 1 double bed
- Open room off loungeroom with 2 single beds
- Modern kitchen with fridge & microwave
- Tiled dining area off kitchen leading to loungeroom
- Sunny loungeroom with TV, stereo & DVD player
- Enclosed yard
- BBQ area with open fire BBQ & outdoor setting
- Off street parking
$$ RATES FOR 2016 $$
JAN 7nights $880
FEB 7nights $700
MAR 7nights $620
APRIL 7nights $640
EASTER HOLIDAYS 7nights $680
MAY/JUN/JUL/AUG 7nights $580
SEPT & OCT 7nights $630
SEPT / OCT SCHOOL HOLIDAYS $680
NOV 7nights $700
DEC 7 nights $700
DEC XMAS HOLIDAYS 7 nights $900
JAN 2017 7 nights $900
- Rates above are based on 2 Adults & 2children or 3 Adults
- Min stay throughout the year is 3 nights $450 except for school holidays
- Min stay during School Holidays is 7 nights - usually running Saturday to Saturday
sorry but we are unable to accommodate last minute bookings
bookings must be made & payments must be received 7 days prior to arrival
guests need to bring their own linen
Property accommodates 6 guests 4 ADULTS MAX
no parties, bucks nights, schoolies permitted
SHELLHARBOUR is located on the South Coast of NSW.
By car Shellharbour is approximately 1.5 hours south of Sydney & about 2.5 hours from Canberra. You can also get to there by coach or train. The nearest train station is Dunmore Shellharbour .
MEL VEDERE holiday home is located in Addison Street which runs through the heart of the local village. This convenient location offers means that the harbour, shops, cafes & restaurants all within walking distance.
The local village is 3 minutes away by foot. It is lined with trendy cafes, boutique specialty shops, an ice-creamery, general store, bakery, butcher, beauty salon etc. The Village offers a variety of fine dining restaurants with extensive menus from Seafood, Thai, Chinese, Italian & Indian just to name a few. Enjoy the friendly village atmosphere.
As you stroll along the village for another 5-7 minutes you will reach the harbour foreshore. It is one of the main attractions of Shellharbour. There is a picnic area & park along the water front which is a great little spot to have enjoy some fish and chip, have a picnic or relax under a tree. For the kids this area offers hours of fun ... there is a little playground and a bike track. Plus a small beach for the children to swim in or a little further down there are two salt water rock pools - one perfect for kids.
The boat ramp is a 2 minute drive, making it handy for the fishermen or boating enthusiasts.
The local pub sits right at the end of Addison Street. It is a popular place for both locals and visitors. Have a drink and enjoy a meal on the balcony - it offers a fabulous view over the harbour.
Across the road from Mel Vedere is a huge park for the kids to run around, fly a kite or kick a ball. There is even a skateboard ramp. The Golf course which is only a 5 minute drive boasts a challenging round of golf for the golf enthusiasts.
Shellharbour Workers Club is also within walking distance. This is a great place for a night out - dancing, watching a live band or playing the pokies. Approx 5 minute walk.
The club was recently renovated and has a spacious bistro area with an undercover playing area for the children.
Attractions & Activities
Here is a list of some of the many attractions to visit and activities to do in and around Shellharbour.
For the KIDS .....
- ten pin bowling
- bike riding
- a fun filled day at Jamberoo Recreation Park
For the FAMILY .....
- a number of picnic grounds and parks with BBQ facilities
- two local beaches
- bike riding
- bush walking
For the LADIES
- relax and unwind by treating yourself at the local Day Spa
- pamper yourself at one of many beauty salons and hair salons
- Shellharbour Village has a wide selection of stores from crafts to fancy boutiques
- Stockland Shopping Centre is only a 5 minute drive away
For the GUYS ......
- Fishing - on the beach, off the wharf, rock fishing or deep sea fishing
- Surfing in clean, unspoilt beaches stretching along 20km of coastline
- Golf at the Links Shell Cove Golf Course
- Scuba Diving & snorkelling at Bushranger's Bay Marine Aquatic Reserve & Bass Point
BEACHES - there are 2 local beaches , only about a 2 minute drive away are a must to visit
> South beach - less crowded & also a great place to swim
> North beach - great for swimming & surfing as the beach is patrolled during the holidays
DAY TRIPS - from Shellharbour take a scenic drive ....
> Head south to Kiama & visit the popular Blowhole 10 mins
> Enjoy a day in Gerringong/Gerroa 20-30 min drive
> Visit historical Berry 30-40mins
> Visit Lake Illawarra and its many beaches & parks
> Spend a day at Minnamurra Falls
> Spend a day in the town of Kangaroo Valley 1.5 hours
> Head north to the city of Wollongong 20 min drive
> Visit the little coast towns of Bulli, Thirroul & Austinmer 40-60min drive