Dream Catcher is a finalist in the 2013 South Coast Tourism awards.
Shellharbour is a charming township on the coast, south of Wollongong. It is located 106km south of Sydney, 25km south of central Wollongong. It is just a 10 minute drive to either Jamberoo or Kiama.
"Dream Catcher" is an ultra modern beach house just completed. The house is fully air-conditioned, has ocean views and everything you could want for a weekend or longer stay.
This Beach House is a fully self contained, two story house. It is spacious, comfortable and very modern, offering beautiful art, quality furniture & facilities.
It is luxury holiday accommodation for up to six people. It is situated in a fabulous location where you can put the car away and just stroll to the shops, cafes, restaurants, walking tracks, ocean, patrolled beaches, ocean swimming and wading pool, parks, fishing locations, bike tracks, Workers Club, Bowling Club or the hotel.
This Beach House consists of 3 bedrooms, the main and 2nd bedroom have
a Queen bed each, the 3rd bedroom has 2 singles that if required
can be made into a Double bed.
The upstairs living room incorporates the lounge, dining and kitchen, the kitchen is to die for and extends out onto the balcony with an outdoor kitchen which has a sink and built in BBQ. The kitchen has a island bench top perfect for sitting around.
The stainless steel appliances and fridge is a feature of the area and other inclusions are dishwasher, microwave and wine fridge. All utensils & small appliances are included toaster, kettle, glasses, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, etc.
The balcony is huge and has a large table and chairs so you can cook and eat whilst enjoying the ocean views.
The lounge features a large flat screen TV, surround sound system, playstation with games as well, DVD player as well and a DVD and music library.
Quality sheets, quilts, blankets, towels & beach towels are included.
The upstairs bathroom has a Spa Bath, large shower and toilet & is a modern design.
Downstairs, has a living area with large flat screen TV, surround sound system, ipod dock if you want to bring your own music, DVD player as well and a DVD and music library.
There is a well equipped laundry, with washing machine & laundry powder, dryer, vacuum cleaner, iron & ironing board. The bathroom has a double shower and toilet.
Outside, the fully fenced courtyard is accessed from the downstairs living room & has an outdoor shower hot and cold water & a six seater spa to relax in. This area also has a clothes line.
The double garage has remote control.
We also supply books, magazines, board games, toys, picnic basket/utensils, cooler bags & drink holders to mention a few items.
Please note:- Weekend Friday and Saturday price applies even when booking Thursday and Friday or Saturday and Sunday.
The surrounding area offers rainforest walks, stunning drives and scenery, golf courses, top gun flights from the airport, markets gourmet & craft, museums, fishing, diving Bass Point is know as one of the best on shore diving locations in NSW and small coastal and country towns to visit.
Kiama, 14km Gerringong/Gerroa 25km, Jamberoo 20km and Berry 37km are all worth visiting whilst in the area.
Lake Illawarra, Bowral, Robertson, Minnamurra Falls, Picnic Island, Blackbutt Forest Reserve, Mount Kiera Lookout and Jamberoo Recreation Park are also nearby.
A must is to visit what the locals call "the farm" a well know surfing location and also a great place for a picnic or to watch the world go by.
Rest and relax or explore the village and its surrounds:
- Get in the heated outdoor spa that seats six and enjoy a glass of wine
- Stretch your legs and wander through the Village, stop for a hot chocolate at My Chocolate Shoppe, this is a must
- Browse through the boutiques, home wares and cafes
- Make a reservation at Relish for a great meal, they also have a new restaurant at The Links Golf Club you would need to book well in advance for a table on Saturday night
- Have a drink on the balcony at the Ocean Beach Hotel, its the best view in town and the Restaurant is excellent
- Enjoy a stroll along the walking track from Dream Catcher to Bass Point
- Order some fish and chips and eat it in the park on the foreshore
- Book into Spa Semiyahn, they will give you a 10 discount I you let them know you are staying at Dream Catcher.
- Have a surfing lesson with the boys from Pine Surfing Academy details in the house
- Play golf at Shellharbour or Calderwood
- Do the walk to Minnamurra Falls, this is a favourite of our guests
- Visit what the locals call "The Farm" in Killalea State Park and park at the beach and go for a walk
- Visit Green Poppy in the Village, anything from gourmet food to unusual home wares are available
- Buy some gourmet meat from Superior Meats and cook a BBQ
- Take a leisurely drive to Kiama, Gerringong/Gerroa, Jamberoo or Berry, all are villages worth visiting
- Minnimurra General Store has great food and coffee
- Manning Street Deli in Kiama does great all day dining and coffee and is one of our favourites
- Follow the tourist drive to Minnumurra Falls or up to Saddleback Mountain
- Go on a Top Gun flight from Illawarra Regional Airport
- Book in for High Tea at Ravensthorpe Guesthouse & Restaurant
- Book into a diving course and explore Bass Point for great on shore diving
- Drive to Robertson for a famous pie
- The Illawarra Fly is a 500 metre long, 25 metre high elevated tree top walk ascending at a gentle grade and suitable for visitors of all mobilities. Nestled amongst the temperate rainforest of the Southern Highlands the treetop walk takes you along the picturesque Illawarra escarpment and offers inspiring views from Shellharbour to Bass Point, Lake Illawarra and the South Pacific Ocean. For the thrill seeker a 45 metre high lookout is ascended via a spiral stairway offering panoramic views, combined with the beauty of the rainforest
- Take a scenic drive to Mt Keira Lookout and stop at the Nan Tien Temple on the way back
- Check out the markets, Shellharbour Village Craft Markets on the second Sunday of each month, Kiama Seaside Market on the third Sunday of every month, Kiama Produce Markets on the fourth Saturday of each month or the Berry Markets on the first Sunday of each month.