Head to the High Country.... for a new experience......
Exquisite Country House accommodation....... a place to dream.....relax and unwind in sophisticated style and elegant comfort......
All bookings will receive a complimentary bottle of wine.
We have just 2 weekends available in November.... 4/5 and 25/26......
The cottage is EXCLUSIVELY yours to enjoy.....yes, you get the whole house and breakfast goodies.
* Gorgeous 1908 lovingly renovated Cottage
* Original features of French doors,timber lining boards,pressed metal ceilings,fireplace
* Wrap around veranda
* Lovely decor...eclectic mix of vintage, antique and rustic ......with contemporary comforts
* 3 Bedrooms- 2 Queen beds, 1 King Single and 1 Single. Sleeps 6
* 2 Bathrooms- 1 Ensuite
* Organic toiletries
* Full Kitchen with all cooking equipment, including slow cooker, electric wok , recipe books etc.
* Large Lounge / Dining area
* Flat screen TV/DVD and Ipod dock
* Wood fire, RC Aircon, Nobo Panel heaters in bedrooms
* Fully equipped Laundry
* Quality linen and towels
* Electric blankets
* Books, Magazines, DVDs and Games
* Quiet location in large peaceful cold climate garden
* Tennis Court ( Racquets and balls supplied)
* Picnic basket and blanket available
* Off street parking- garage for small cars
* Al fresco outdoor area , BBQ and outdoor setting
* Herb garden - Mint, Parsley, Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram, Chives
* Breakfast provisions: cereals, gourmet porridges, juice,yoghurt, fruit, bread, butter, eggs, bacon, jams
* Gourmet teas, ground coffee, milk, pancake mix and maple syrup
* Pantry basics....SR Flour, Pl Flour, Oil, Vinegar, stock cubes, herbs, Milo, Drinking Chocolate
* Espresso Coffee machine, selection of pods
* Freshly baked goodies for afternoon tea on arrival
* Fresh flowers, Port, Chocolates and Biscuits
* Winter ...wood supplied and fire lit for your arrival
* The Folly is a Non -smoking house
* No Highway traffic noise
* Sorry, no pets.
****** The Folly is best suited to those seeking a romantic getaway, perfect for a girls weekend escape or couples wanting to soak up the quirky beauty of the Folly and explore the High Country........
******The Folly is not small child friendly due to all the decorator items that are not for little fingers. ******Children 12 years and over welcome.********
** The Folly has been featured on the Channel 7 SYDNEY WEEKENDER program with Mike Whitney and in the HIGH LIFE DOWNS COUNTRY LIVING magazine.
*********Check out our Facebook page "Tenterfield- Heritage with Style".************
OCTOBER 2016 "Cottage is AMAZING. Went far beyond our expectations, with the many beautiful touches that were supplied. Thanks Peter and Annie". Eddie and Marie....Brisbane
OCTOBER 2016 "What a wonderful time we have had exploring and connecting with the past. You have created a beautiful home away from home. Thank You. "
Kris, Elia, Georgia and Julian Brisbane
SEPTEMBER 2016 "What a beautiful location for a girls getaway. Everything a woman could want. Warm, comfortable and gorgeous surroundings".....Joy, Colleen and Carmel...
SEPTEMBER 2016 " Not long enough. Very special place. A charming property with people who know hospitality"....Cook/Bell ..... Toowoomba
SEPTEMBER 2016 "Annie's Folly was the perfect weekend getaway. A gorgeous well provisioned cottage that encourages relaxation in a historic town with so much to see and do!.We had a great weekend that started with the full day Wine Discovery Tour, then lots of relaxation in and around town and the cottage. Can't wait to do it again." Neil and Janeece
AUGUST 2016 "Thank you so much for a lovely stay- a beautiful house and gardens. The kitchen so well provisioned. Long may you be well !".......the Brisbane 5.
AUGUST 2016 "Our third visit, and each time we enjoy ourselves all the more. Annie and Pete have just thought of everything you need or wish for"..........Dan and Jane.... Brisbane
AUGUST 2016 "Fantastic getaway with a great group of friends! Beautiful cottage providing absolutely everything needed for a wonderful stay. Thanks so much Annie & Pedro. Will definitely spread the word back home"....Coffs Harbour girls
JULY 2016 " What a wonderful 3 nights stay for 4 "old chooks". We thoroughly enjoyed the ambience and relaxed atmosphere in this lovely old house. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and friendly selves- we will be back ! Jane & Simi, Diane & Signe .... Sydney and Brisbane
JUNE 2016 " All six of us have loved our stay in your beautiful cottage. The attention to detail and provisions supplied are amazing- especially the free range eggs and blackberry jam. A wonderful place! Thank you." The Dansies and Webbers.....Brisbane
JUNE 2016 " A truly beautiful stay. Attention to detail superb, and very generous provisions. Oh and linen was luxurious. We will be back." The Cox's..... from Lismore
MAY 2016 "Dear Annie and Peter, once again we have really enjoyed our stay here in your beautiful cottage! We will continue to visit our home away from home and look forward to you visiting us at "Lyndoch on the Lake".....Ron, Leisha, Leilani, Lakota and Shiowa XXX Blessings.....Byron Bay
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR GUESTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO KEEP COMING BACK ! !
Fall in love with the beautiful New England High Country ..............
TENTERFIELD and BEYOND
* Ruben & Flax Homewares - beautiful French Provincial style decor.....fabulous shop
* White Cottage .....gorgeous cold climate garden, plants, antiques and vintage finds....
* the Bald Rock climb .... a "must do" experience..........on a clear day you can see forever..................
* Washpool Farm Soaperie .... be intoxicated with the perfume of the soaps
* Margot Rees Antiques and Interiors...antique and imported jewellery/goods from Turkey and home decor
* the Corner Life and Style..... Fabulous fashion, home decor and Cafe
* Sir Henry Parkes Museum complex
* Tenterfield Railway Museum
* Bald Rock National Park
* The famous Tenterfield Saddler
* Kurrajong Downs cellar door
* Artists Collective Gallery
* Centenary Cottage
* National Parks.....Bald Rock, Boonoo Boonoo, Basket Swamp and Girraween
* Ballandean Wineries....too many to list........hop, skip and a jump from Tenterfield
* The Corner Life and Style Cafe
* Coco Thai
* Commercial Boutique Hotel ( Wine bar, Cafe & Restaurant for Lunch & Dinner Wed-Sun)
* The Bohemian Tea Room ( Quirky atmosphere - Open all week-ends)
* The Tenterfield Tavern
* Pairin's Thai
* Spice and Cream Patisserie ( Open Friday- Monday )
* Tenterfield Gourmet Pizza
We live next door and can be reached day or night...just wander through the garden to our house.
Restore the senses in a little slice of High Country heaven we enjoy sharing with others......
We look forward to meeting you soon....................
Annie and Pete (the gardener)