Amazing coastal location for your next holiday break. Sun drenched covered decking all year round and a cool ocean breeze. Simply relax and enjoy the fabulous views from the main deck. Or even better, go on the rooftop whale watching deck and see the whales pass by and play from May to November on their migration North and South. Take in the vast views up and down the coast, from Port Macquarie's Lighthouse beach in the North to Crowdy Bay National Park in the South.
Akama Lookout is located at 3 Honeysuckle Road, a quiet street on the prominent headland of Bonny Hills. Walking distance to Bonny Hill's best beaches. Take the track at the end of the street to the lovely private Shelly beach or Barlett's beach, the local favorites. Or take the boards and the esky around to Sharky’s or patrolled Rainbow Beach. All beaches within 2-15 min walk or 2 minute drive.
The house is central to Port Macquarie for shopping, gourmet dining and the many attractions the Camden Haven has to offer. Visit the local cafes and restaurants along the river boardwalk at North Haven or enjoy a meal locally at Bonny Hills Surf Club or the Bonny Hills Beach Hotel.
CATERS TO 6-12 people
The main house (Akama Lookout) in the front of the property fits 6-10 people, a self-contained duplex unit in the back (Akama Vista) fits another 2 people (can be rented at extra charge). Great for a families and reunions. Please note that the main house and back unit are fully separated, you don't see each other and you have total privacy. There is an internal eight meter long walk way between the main house and the unit that will be opened up for people renting both spaces.
The unit in the back yard has a large private, fully fenced garden!
Have more people? Larger families could book the house next door in conjunction (see below in summary section).
The main house has 3 bedrooms + rumpus (which can count as 4th bedroom), the duplex unit in the back has a 5th bedroom.
MAIN HOUSE UPSTAIRS:
- Large open living, dining and modern kitchen area open onto the front deck with Weber gas BBQ
- 1 King bedroom
- 1 Queen bedroom
- 1 Modern bathroom with dual showers, located in between bedrooms
- Front deck with ocean views towards Port Macquarie. Stairs to rooftop whale observatory deck.
MAIN HOUSE DOWNSTAIRS:
- 1 Queen bedroom
- 2x Single beds and 2x trundle beds in rumpus area
- Lounge in rumpus
- 1 Bathroom with spa bath
- Separate modern laundry facility with washer & dryer
- Front paved courtyard and lawn with another BBQ area and outdoor table tennis
In total 3x TVs, 3xDVDs, iPod dock.
Nespresso coffee machine
Modern gas stove
BACK YARD SELF CONTAINED UNIT "Akama Vista" @ optional extra charge
- 1 Queen bedroom with large balcony with ocean views
- 1.5 Bathroom
- 1x sofa bed in downstairs lounge
- Open kitchen and living downstairs with French doors opening up to garden
- Full kitchen facilities (4 burner electric stove, oven, microwave, appliances)
- Fully fenced garden with pizza oven
- 2x TV's, stereo
Pets allowed with pre-approval, just chat to us about your furry friend(s). Please note that the upstairs deck and yard of the main house opens up to drive way and street.
The back yard belonging to the duplex unit in the back of the property is fully fenced.
Linen is provided for (sheets, doona covers, pillow cases, bath towels etc) unless you opt for BYO, just tell us during booking process and fees will be adapted.
Main House: off-street driveway parking for the car and the boat, fits 2 to 3 cars
Unit: on street parking
Non-smoking, hence smoking outside only please
- Main house sleeps up to 6-10 people
- Duplex unit in back yard sleeps and extra 2-4 people (or 2+ small child)
- In conjunction with Apricari – oasis by the sea – right next door which can fit 12 people, you can sleep up to 22 people when renting both homes (depending on availability)
We apply a transparent rate structure
No parties, under 18 groups or schoolies.
Once you experience the beauty and atmosphere of Bonny Hills and the Hasting area you’ll never want to leave.
Fun fact: Akama means Whale in Aboriginal language