Amazing coastal location for your next holiday break. Sun drenched covered decking all year round and a cool ocean breeze. Simply relax and enjoy the fabulous views from the main deck. Or even better, go on the rooftop whale watching deck and see the whales pass by and play from May to November on their migration North and South. Take in the vast views up and down the coast, from Port Macquarie's Lighthouse beach in the North to Crowdy Bay National Park in the South.
Akama Lookout is located at 3 Honeysuckle Road, a quiet street on the prominent headland of Bonny Hills. Walking distance to Bonny Hill's best beaches. Take the track at the end of the street to the lovely private Shelly beach or Barlett's beach, the local favorites. Or take the boards and the esky around to Sharky’s or patrolled Rainbow Beach. All beaches within 2-15 min walk or 2 minute drive.
The house is central to Port Macquarie for shopping, gourmet dining and the many attractions the Camden Haven has to offer. Visit the local cafes and restaurants along the river boardwalk at North Haven or enjoy a meal locally at Bonny Hills Surf Club or the Bonny Hills Beach Hotel.
CATERS TO 6-10 people
The house fits 6-10 people. Great for a families and reunions. Akama Lookout has two decks and front garden that opens up to the driveway and road, the upstairs decks has a child/pet gate installed.
The main house has 2 bedrooms upstairs + 1 bedroom downstairs + rumpus room downstairs.
AKAMA LOOKOUT UPSTAIRS:
- Large open living, dining and modern kitchen area open onto the front deck with Weber gas BBQ
- 1 King bedroom
- 1 Queen bedroom
- 1 Modern bathroom with dual showers, located in between bedrooms
- Front deck with ocean views towards Port Macquarie. Stairs to rooftop whale observatory deck. Gate to block staircase so children and pets can be closed in.
AKAMA LOOKOUT DOWNSTAIRS:
- 1 Queen bedroom downstairs
- 2x Single beds and 2x trundle beds in rumpus area
- TV Lounge in rumpus
- 1 Bathroom with spa bath
- Separate modern laundry facility with washer & dryer
- Front paved courtyard and lawn with an outdoor table tennis
In total 3x TVs, 3xDVDs, iPod dock.
Modern gas stove
Pets allowed with pre-approval, just chat to us about your furry friends. Please note that the front yard of Akama Lookout opens up to drive way and street. The upstairs deck has a child/pet safety gate to keep kids and pets on the deck.
Linen is provided for sheets, doona covers, pillow cases, bath towels etc you only have to bring your own beach towels
Main House: off-street driveway parking for the car and the boat, fits 2 to 3 cars
Non-smoking, smoking outside only please
- Main house sleeps up to 6-10 people
- Townhouse unit in back yard can sleep an extra 2-4 people or 2+ small child, rented out separately, see 'Akama Vista'
- In conjunction with Apricari – oasis by the sea – right next door which can fit 12 people, you can sleep up to 22 people when renting both homes depending on availability
No parties, under 18 groups or schoolies.
Once you experience the beauty and atmosphere of Bonny Hills and the Hasting area you’ll never want to leave.
Fun fact: Akama means Whale in Aboriginal language