If Fingal Farm is booked out when you want it, then have a look at Maccas farm that adjoins the property www.stayz.com.au/122891
You have the 150 acres to yourself and it is close to great attractions. The farm has friendly Boer goats, alpacas, miniature horses and small Irish Dexter cattle. There are 340 million year old fossils to collect. The terrain is mostly flat country and a creek flows 1km along one boundary. Take nature walks and see the wildlife - especially birds, wallabies, & goannas.
The house is a small four bedroom cottage with a large covered veranda. It has a main bathroom with bath/shower/toilet, separate toilet and also an ensuite in the main bedroom. There is a well equipped kitchen- gas cooktop and oven, dishwasher and coffee machine. The lounge room has a comfy leather lounge, is reverse cycled air conditioned and there is a wood fire. There are polished floorboards and ceiling fans throughout. Two bedrooms have Queen beds, another has two single beds and the fourth bedroom has bunks and a king single. There is also a trundle with mattresses to give flexibility in the sleeping arrangements. The house is surrounded by a nice garden in the two acre house paddock. The house has internet broadband.
You will find books & magazines to read, two TVs and DVD/VCR, Xbox, Wii (some games but bring your own) , gas and wood BBQs and a phone for local calls.
There is a table-tennis table, cricket gear, swing set and a trampoline.
Pets are very welcome but normally must stay out of the house. The "house paddock" is well fenced to keep most dogs in and the large undercover veranda will protect them in bad weather.
Our insurance company has advised that we cannot be insured if you want to ride trail bikes, so sorry but these are not allowed. There are fire trails nearby if the bikes are registered.
It is located about 2.5 hours drive north of northern Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. From Sydney follow the F3 freeway north to Bulahdelah. The farm is only 10 mins drive from the town of Bulahdelah and only 5 mins from the Pacific Highway.
Fingal Farm has solar panels and exports "green" electricity to the electricity grid.
Things to do on the farm:
* You may be happy just to sit on the large veranda and soak up the relaxed atmosphere;
* Explore the old quarry and find Brachiopod fossils;
* Feed Silver Perch in the house paddock dam;
* Feed and pat the friendly goats;
* Feed the sheep, alpacas, miniature horses & Dexter cattle;
* Explore the farm- find the billabongs and creek flowing into Myall Lakes; and
* See the wallabies in the morning and evening.
Things to do in the area, climate
*25 mins drive to beautiful surf beaches- Seal Rocks, Pacific Palms. Another 20 mins to Foster and Taree;
*10 mins drive to Bulahdelah shops (bakery, cafes, garages, churches, supermarket, Chemist, Post Office, hotel, hospital);
* Visit the tallest tree in NSW- about 15 mins from the farm;
* Fishing, exploring and boating at Myall Lakes, 15mins drive;
* Kayak on the local lakes and rivers.
* Bush walk, maybe climb Alum Mountain that overlooks Bulahdelah and the surrounding district;
* Mountain bike or trail bike in the State forest (BYO bikes);
* After your activities, buy some of the famous pork sausages from the Bulahdelah butcher- he wins prizes!;
*Take the car ferry & visit Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens; and
* Explore sand dunes, look for koalas, dolphins and whales.
The climate is generally very comfortable, year round:
* Min daily temperature range 6C-17C (July), a few frosts
* Max daily temperature range 18C-27C (Jan), some hot days
* Beach water temp: 17C (Jul, Aug, Sep), 24C(Mar, Apr May)
* Rainfall: About the same as Sydney. 1200mm-1400mm