The Waterfall Cabin is perfect for people who want to experience the magic of the tranquil Lorne Valley in the Camden Haven hinterland. It is situated on a 40 acre rural property 15 minutes west of the Pacific Highway between Port Macquarie and Taree and 25 minutes from Laurieton on the coast.
This stylish cabin is fully self-contained with spacious kitchen, bathroom both using rainwater, and queen-sized bed with the option of additional single mattress. Electricity and hot water are solar-powered; lighting is LED, and building materials have been locally sourced and recycled where possible. From the verandah overlooking the outdoor fireplace, there are eastern views over the property and Lorne valley. To the north is a large tallowwood popular with birds, native bush and the 8m waterfall with swimming hole. Below the house are fruit trees, veg garden, chickens and alpacas. Wallabies frequent the grassed areas. The property is featured in 'The Owner Builder' magazine, Oct-Nov 2015.
Local National parks include
- Kattang Nature Reserve east of Laurieton, an impressive example of regenerated coastal vegetation and an excellent whale-watching site
- Dooragan NP above Laurieton with superb outlooks over the coastal region.
- Crowdy Bay NP south of Laurieton with long stretches of uncrowded beaches.
- Middle Brother NP south west of Laurieton featuring the massive Bird Tree.
- Comboyne Plateau - Boorgana Nature Reserve, a precious stand of remnant rainforest with an easy grade waterfall walk.
- Ellenborough Falls, a spectacular waterfall set in beautiful rainforest near Elands.