A spacious home located on the canals, offering alfresco dining and beautiful views. Moor your boat to the private jetty, take a swim in the canal or laze in the pool while soaking up the view.
Only 5-10 min walk from cold tap beer, restaurants and shopping. Nearest pub/bistro Settlers Inn 5-10 min walk, Settlement City shopping 10-15 min walk, Panthers Club 15 min walk, downtown 20 min. walk.
Beaches 5-10 min drive, nearest beach is Town Beach or head across on the ferry towards Point Plomer 4WD.
There are 4 bedrooms sleeping up to 9 people.
On the top floor is two bedrooms and a family sized bathroom. The master bedroom has a king sized bed with a walk in wardrobe and ensuite including a spa bath. The second bedroom upstairs has a queen sized bed and a built in wardrobe. The family sized bathroom features a large bath and separate shower.
Downstairs there is an open plan kitchen, dining, tv room and lounge room as well as two bedrooms and the main bathroom. One bedroom has a king size bed with an ensuite and built in wardrobe. The second bedroom has a double sized bed with a single sized bed top bunk and built in wardrobe.
The laundry room also provides a washing machine and dryer for your convenience.
Newport Island is located at Port Macquarie just under 4 hours from Sydney, and a little more from Queensland. A good halfway point if meeting friends. There is also an airport at Port Macquarie for those who want to fly in.
Just a few minutes from restaurants, cafes and Settlement City Shopping Centre.
When you are finished relaxing there are plenty of activities in the area for the whole family.
• Port Macquarie is a true water lover's paradise
• Hire a boat, kayak, canoe, or paddle-board from settlement point boat-shed and go exploring.
• Take a cruise up the beautiful Hastings River and be mesmerized by the sight of whales off the coast and dolphins playing excitedly just under the surface.
• Swim or surf at any of the nearby magnificent beaches.
• Fish from your own jetty. The Hastings River has many fishing options for land- based anglers and those who have boats. The river is very popular with anglers targeting, jew, bream, flathead, whiting, tailor, blackfish, pike, garfish and mullet.
• Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for wildlife during your visit - Port Macquarie is home to large numbers of koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, platypus, reptiles and more than 340 species of birds.
Looking for adventure:
• Go hang gliding - sky diving, paragliding .
• Go 4 wheel driving.
• Helicopter Joy flights .
• Explore some of the national parks in the area.
Sample local food and wines:
• Visit the vineyards and follow the wine trail.
• Jazz in the vineyards. Contact Bago vineyards for their 'Jazz in the vineyards' details. Lose yourself in the Bago Gardens maze.
• Have lunch at Cassegrain Vineyard and take a cellar tour.
• Visit the Black Duck Brewery and sample the boutique beers.
• Enjoy a meal at one of the many cafes.
For the children:
• Take the children to the Billabong Zoo or the Koala Park Sanctuary and pat a Koala.
• Timbertown Heritage Theme Park, and ride on a steam train.
• Ten pin bowling.
• Hydro golf and putt putt.
• Inflatable World
• and so much more