One of the largest houses on the Smith Lake peninsula. Kestrel is the ultimate lakeside house for the fussiest of holiday renters. This stunning architect designed home with its luxury furnishings and quality inclusions, boasts loads of glass, enormous entertaining decks and generous sun filled indoor/outdoor living areas. Be captivated by sparkling views from almost every room. Enjoy the beautiful sunsets across the lake, ever abundant fauna and your favourite water sports at the door. A magical place to stay with all the luxuries to enjoy a perfect holiday. You will not want to leave.
Location & Local Attractions
Pacific Palms is a small enclave locked in by Myall Lakes National Park, Wallis Lakes, Smiths Lake, Booti Booti National Park, and the Pacific Ocean. Together make over 100 kilometres of lakes hugging the coastline with only sand dunes a lot of the time separating the lakes from the ocean. Smiths lake is located in between Myall Lakes and Wallis Lake and is 20 mins drive south of Forster and 2.5/3.5 hours drive from Sydney.
The house sits elevated high on the ridge overlooking the lake beach and distant islands. The position is second to none in Smiths Lake, enabling you to enjoy the spectacular scenery, the sun and the views! The house is also a short stroll to the local shops: bakery, grocery, butcher, liquor shop, take-away, hairdresser/beautician and is next door to the famous 'Frothy Coffee' Cafe/boatshed (what more do you need)!
* Boating straight to the surf beach
* Bush walks, 4WD tracks in Booti Booti and Myall lakes National Parks
* Excellent 9 hole golf coarse at Sandbar ~ $12 per 9 holes
* Best Mid North Coast surf beaches of Blueys, Boomerang and Elizabeth and Celito within 5 minutes drive for all your favourite water sports.
* Iconic Frothy Coffee Boatshed serving delicious light lunches, dinners and snacks is just next door with canoe, sailing and motor boat hire available.
* Amaroo beach is ideal for small children as the water is walm, shallow and calm.
* The closest surfing beach Cellito/Sandbar can be accessed on foot through the shallow water when the lake is low (only 1.5 km). It also has good for 4WD access
* Smiths lake is known for its scenery, fishing, water skiing and more recently Kite boarding.
* Air Conditioned on upper level
* 5 generous bedrooms (4 Queen, 1 Double Futon bed, 3 King singles and 1 Single Sofa bed)
* Main bedroom with ensuite and walk in robe and Spa bath.
* 3 Toilets and Showers
* Outside shower with hot water
* Large open plan living area with vast seating areas
* Games room with Foosball (soccer) table and assorted board games
* Gourmet kitchen with dishwasher & microwave
* Two fridge freezers
* Architecturally designed and decorated
* Off Street parking with room for boats
* 2 TV's, FOXTEL PAY TV, CD/DVD, HiFi and excellent TV reception.
* Gas BBQ & outdoor setting with sun lounges and Hammock.
* Full laundry facilities with dryer.
* Telephone (local and incoming calls)
* Mobile reception is excellent.
* Linen not supplied but can be arranged at extra cost.
* 1 Cot, 2 high chairs and a baby change table.
* Pets and Smoking are not permitted inside the house.
* Pets are permitted but only with our approval.
* Minimum $750.00 bond required. High season bond $1000
* The village of Smiths Lake provides all day-to-day requirements, with an excellent Butcher, Baker, Corner/Grocery store, City Style Cafe, Hairdresser and Liquor store.
DVD's also available at the grocery store.
* The nearest main town with all the larger retailers is Forster (20 min.)