Enjoy staying on our 150 acre working cattle farm and have it all to yourself "What did you do on weekend? ......."I rented a cattle farm "
Perched high in the hinterland overlooking the surrounding valley, this is a unique and romantic haven built into the loft of scandinavian styled barn.
Please read "IMPORTANT INFORMATION" below BEFORE you send a booking enquiry. This property is not suited to everyone.
"Rise Farm" is rustic yet contemporary residence; a breathtaking personal sanctuary; peaceful and private, all for your pleasure.
“The Loft @ Rise”
Located upstairs above the barn area is the primary accommodation area we call the Loft. The Loft @ Rise offers fully self contained kitchen, indoor fireplace and wood fired oven, living and study area and a massive outdoor deck with gas BBQ. With three bedrooms including a luxurious master bed suite with king bed, ensuite, and its own private balcony.
Relax on the the deck or while you rest on the king bed and gaze over the picturesque green open pastures with cattle grazing, and adjoining forest and mountain ranges.
Spend the evening soaking in the tranquil surroundings with a glass of wine on the deck or in front of the indoor fireplace.
Booking "The Loft" automatically gives you access and partial use of areas downstairs in "The Barn" underneath for undercover car storage, basic gym equipment and table tennis. Dogs are allowed in this area only. Please note as we have our farm equipment stored in this downstairs area it is video montitored.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU ENQUIRE
Because of its unique nature, Rise Farm has some specific requirements for guests. Please read details below carefully BEFORE you enquire.
1. Prices are as per your screen when you enter your travel dates and guests numbers. Stayz will calculate prices better than we are able to. Please don't email asking for prices as they are more accurately provided by Stayz taking into account the dates your request etc. We are also diligent with keeping our calendar up to date so if you input your preferred dates and they show available then it is very very unlikely they are not.
2. We are a family based business and like to operate from a relational base. As we have poured our heart and soul into this beautiful escape, we like to know a little about our guests before we open our doors to them, so please tell us a little about yourself, your party and the nature of your stay when you make a booking enquiry. We may not respond if no information is provided and we feel there is a lack of transparency. Please note we are not a hotel with reception desk staff so it may take a while to respond.
3.Rise farm is quite unique as you will stay all on your own in an off grid solar powered barn on our 150 acre cattle farm. We like to give you your space and as we leave you to yourself, you may need to take a minor active role in the day to day good care and management of the solar power and the property generally. This simply might require that you are proactive and diligent with minimising power consumption. If you want a break where everything is laid on and you don't have to think at all, than this is probably not the place for you.
4. As the property is a working cattle farm, the premises has fireplaces, is powered by solar, guests are asked to take care in some areas to ensure both animal welfare and good management of the premises. all the information is provided for you in a comprehensive guest manual which you will need to read.
5. You will notice we promote our property as a romantic getaway for couples. We discourage parents with children under 8 unless you are prepared to spend your break applying strict continuous vigilant supervision of your children. farm dams, electric stock fences, fire places can all be hazardous for unsupervised children . Additional window cleaning costs may apply after stays with children. Please state the age of your children in your booking request.
6. No parties allowed
7. Dogs are allowed by permission only in the downstairs Barn garage area only. To maintain good hygiene and cleanliness for all guests NO dogs are allowed in the upstairs living / sleeping area. As we have livestock on the property and from time to time NSW Parks and Wildlife conduct wild dog baiting about 1.5km up the range. Please advise information about your dog s in your initial enquiry for consideration of suitability. Guests are expected to totally clean up after their dogs.
THE NEIGHBOURHOOD AND THINGS TO DO
Get up close and personal with farm life and buy some hay to feed the cows and calves.
By Prior arrangement our surf boards or stand up paddle boards are available for hire to take to the beach.
Take a casual stroll or cycle through our beautiful Burringbar Valley with picturesque waterfalls and forest streams, green pastures and plantations.
There are two complimentary touring bikes available for use by our guests. not suitable for off-road biking.
Risefarm is located just a 30 minute pleasant drive to all that Byron Bay has to offer – beaches, cafes and markets.
There is a beautiful secluded beach just 20 mins away at Wooyung.
You can easily get in amongst the action of Byron or the Gold Coast if you choose, but you can well and truly stay away and enjoy the peace and quiet if that's what you prefer.
For the fit, walk the 8kms of our own on farm tracks through green pastures, forest, rainforest and walk by the farms waterfalls. ease of access is subject to seasonal conditions
For those who enjoy a fitness challenge, a steep climb to the rear of our property allows access to the 5000 hectare Mt Jerusalem National Park adjoining. The park is not developed for tourism and offers an untouched sanctuary to explore by mountain bike or walking along fire trails.
Easy day trips include:
> Byron Bay
> Mt Warning can be climbed
> Gold Coast any part or any attraction
> Tropical Fruit World
> Scenic Rim National Park and Natural Bridge
Famous Snapper Rocks surf break