A beautifully restored original farmhouse in Rosebank, designed for keen foodies, artists and those who really know how to relax!
Tucked away amongst the vibrant wildlife and lush sub-tropical rainforest, boasting both seclusion and escapism. If you are looking for unpretentious luxury, plush linen, a fully stocked pantry and a valley in which the finest local delicacies rule the roost; look no further.
This dreamy 1800’s dwelling holds its original kooky charm blended with carefully chosen fresh modern luxuries, resulting in a perfect Byron Hinterland getaway.
The central focus is the traditional kitchen stacked with a plethora of decadent spices and cook books to entice the most discerning foodie.
With a focus on providing a unique getaway for our guests you can expect a fresh and personalized stock of provisions including Wood-fired Local Sourdough, Organic milk, local coffee and freshly laid eggs from the resident ‘Cooks Cottage’ chooks.
Wide verandas, a copious collection of reading material and a hand selected movie library ensure a level of quirky indulgence to suit those who really know how to stick their feet up, relax and unwind!
What we offer
* A traditional 1800’s farmhouse kitchen with a huge selection of spices, herbs, oils and vinegars, encouraging any old soul to roll up their sleeves and cook up a storm.
* 2 beutiful bedrooms with luxurious queen beds (sleeping 4 in total)
* Stunning bathroom with an alfresco tub for two & rain shower (washer & dryer inc)
* Wide verandas surrounding the house, furnished with comfortable seating & multiple dining areas
* Open fire place
* 5 acres of sub-tropical rainforest & lush gardens
* Full seclusion & privacy
* Wide genre reading, WI-FI, television, movie box and library, wireless stereo, games etc..
* Artist's studio, fully equipped with art supplies and yoga mats.
* Plunge pool, outdoor BBQ and terrace
* Close proximity to the local Bangalow and Channon markets
* 30 minutes from Byron beaches, 60 minutes from Gold Coast & Ballina airports
The Cooks Cottage is on a large acreage and not suitable for small children. This property suits a couple or two couples that would enjoy the beautiful spaces, inspiring to create, cook & relax. No polished edges just sheer indulgent quirk.
There are No Rules except to say, the space is yours during your stay... just enjoy.
There are a host of unique extra's which can be provided also, just ask us!