Surrounded by rolling hills, forests and deep blue sky, this gorgeous architecturally designed cottage offers a secluded oasis in the foothills behind Mooball National Park. Not only are the sunsets perfectly reflected in the beautiful dam on the property, but the resident chickens will ensure that their gentle clucking will welcome in the morning light.
Only a short drive from Byron Bay and Coolongatta Airport, Mango Tree Cottage is perfectly positioned for couples or families looking for a relaxing mini-break with a difference. The two well-positioned bedrooms both feature impressive views over the gently rolling hills, while the adjoining sunroom’s convertible sofa bed can accommodate two more guests, making this a convenient option for large families or groups. The master bedroom includes an adjoining ensuite, with toiletries supplied, features a freestanding claw-foot bath, surrounded by windows and an incredible view of the surrounding trees.
The undisputed centre of the home is the open plan kitchen and living space, complete with a freestanding slow-burning wood fireplace for the cooler months. The fully equipped kitchen has a country inspired wooden island bench that includes a breakfast bar, and a sealed cement floor throughout that’s perfect for pets. Evenings can be spent on the covered deck watching the sunset, cooking on the large barbeque or reading in the comfortable couches.
The property boasts large grassy areas for children and pets to run around, and apart from the chook pen, you’ll also share the extensive open grounds with two friendly Huacaya breed alpacas, named Billy and Emmy.
The cottage is a fully furnished self contained Pottsville holiday accommodation boasting 2 bedrooms plus sunroom with sofabed for extra guests that is 5 mins from Pottsville Beach, 10 mins to Cabarita Beach, 25 mins to Byron Bay, 20 mins to Coolangatta Airport, 1 hour to Sea World, Dream World, 1.5 hours from Brisbane.
We are kids [portacot & high chair booster seat available on request], pet [fenced-in area available] and wheelchair friendly
Sleeps 6 comfortably.
Come and experience it for yourself
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
Bedroom 2: 2 King Singles which can be converted to King bed
Sunroom: Queen Sofabed
The entire deck which measures 50 sq mtrs is enclosed for the protection of all pets. Pets are welcomed to sleep on the deck or inside the cottage; however, they are not allowed on furniture or beds. There is also a sizeable lawn area next to the cottage where pets can run around. In addition, there are multiple pet friendly areas/beaches just 7 min drive from the cottage. No bond required. 2 pets can stay free of charge. More than 2 pets are charged $20 per pet per night.
Late checkout is possible if we don't have same day check-in. Feel free to ask.
There is no smoking inside the cottage.
The cottage is designed for entertaining and we encourage guests to relax and enjoy themselves with friends and family. However it's not a party house and any plans for events with more than those staying need to be discussed with the hosts.
Pottsville is a hidden gem on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales with Byron Bay, Coolangatta and world heritage rainforest so close by. It's that great combination of rural and coastal but with city life so accessible.
There are a bounty of restaurants in Pottsville town including Indian, Thai, Chinese, Fish and Chip, Bakery almond croissants are mouthwatering as well as two new restaurants which recently opened, Mis Amigos Mexican and Izakaya Potts, which can easily be awarded the title “the best Japanese in town” IGA, Chemist, Video Shop, News-Agency, and cafes as well.
---10 REASONS TO STAY: ---
Do Nothing -- just relax, unwind, and recharge on the daybed on the large deck
Pet friendly with fenced-in deck and large flat lawn
Bicycle path from Pottsville to Kingy
Surf the waves at Caba and Black Rocks
Catch a Bream/Perch at the Mooball Estuary
Explore Pottsville Markets on 1st and 3rd Sunday
Drive south to Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Lennox Head....or north to Salt Village, Kingscliff, Gold Coast all just less than 30 mins away
Enjoy sun-filled day basking on the beach
Watch dolphins and whales do their annual migration at Hastings Point lookout
BluesFest/Splendour/Falls Fest sites just a quick 15 mins drive
---COMPLIMENTARY COTTAGE INCLUSIONS:---
- Tea, sugar, and farm fresh eggs
- Free WiFi access up to 2 GB per stay
- Hair Dryer
- Fluffy bathrobes & slippers May - Sept
- Linens towels, sheets, doonas, throws
- Organic personal care products
- Bath salt for a relaxing soak in the claw-foot bathtub
- Laundry detergent/powder, sponges, toilet paper, handwash
- Wood fire heater wood supplied from May - Sept
- Complimentary chocolate on arrival
- Marley Bluetooth speaker to listen to chilled sounds
- Pet treats
1. Basic and Premium Australian Wines
2. "Taste of Northern Rivers" Premium Hamper
- Coolangatta Airport Gold Coast - 20 min
- Brisbane Int'l Airport - 1.5 hours
- Byron/Ballina Airport - 30 min
- Pottsville Beach - 5 min
- Byron Bay - 25 min
- Sea World and Dream World - 1 hour
- Lamington National Park - 1.5 hour
- Madura Tea Estates - 15 min
- Crystal Castle – 30 min
- Macadamia Castle - 35 min
- Moo Moo Roadhouse - 13 min
- Pottsville to Kingscliff bike tracks - 5 min
- Pottsville Environmental Park - 5 min
- Fishing at Pottsville Estuary - 5 min
1. Prices quoted are for 2 adult guests ONLY; additional adult guests are charged $30 per person per night. Kids stay FREE.
2. 7-night bookings automatically incur a long stay discount of $50. This discount is already factored into your total accommodation price that will be shown.