We have recently finished the renovation of our old stables into a cool, fully furnished retro style studio. The studio is private and self-contained with kitchenette containing pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, toaster, microwave, kettle, coffee machine, lovely 1940’s Walmac oven in working condition, 1950's Kelvinator fridge, and the classic formica laminate table and chairs. The bathroom is quite spacious and has an electric composting toilet. There is a queen size bed, TV with inbuilt DVD player, and a spacious deck to relax and watch our lovely alpacas grazing. The studio gets a wonderful coastal breeze and plenty of natural light, and is in a quiet neighborhood with lots of greenery. Studio has its own dedicated parking area.
Ideal for a couple, solo adventurer, or two friends who are looking to get away and would enjoy the retro feel.
Linens towels, sheets, doonas, etc. as well as complimentary chocolate, tea and farm fresh eggs are provided.
Unfortunately, the studio is not suitable for children or pets.
We are 5 min from Pottsville Beach, 10 min from BluesFest, 25 min from Byron Bay, 25 min from Gold Coast Airport, 35 min from Wollumbin/Mt. Warning, and 90 min from Brisbane.
Late checkout is possible if we don't have same day check-in. Feel free to ask.
---INTERACTION WITH GUESTS:---
Upon arrival, we will come and greet you and show you the space after which we let you have your privacy. We can suggest activities to do around the area, if you require.
Pottsville is a hidden gem on the Tweed Coast of NSW. While here you can surf the waves at Cabarita Beach and Black Rocks; catch Bream or Perch at the Mooball Estuary; enjoy a sun-filled day basking on the beach; embark on a scenic bike ride along dedicated bike path from Pottsville to Kingscliff; or drive south to Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Lennox Head....or north to Salt Village, Kingscliff, Gold Coast all just less than 30 mins away.
In addition, the Tweed Coast offers 37kms of natural coastline, wetlands and estuarine forests, lush pastoral and farm land, and the entire basin of the Tweed River. Combine this with mountainous regions containing three world-heritage listed national parks and you have paradise.
---10 REASONS TO STAY:---
- Do Nothing -- just relax, unwind, and recharge
- Watch our alpacas Billy and Emie graze from the deck
- Bicycle path from Pottsville to Kingy
- Surf the waves at Caba and Black Rocks
- Catch a Bream/Perch at the Mooball Estuary
- Explore Pottsville Markets on 1st and 3rd Sunday
- Drive south to Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Lennox Head....or north to Salt Village, Kingscliff, Gold Coast all just less than 30 mins away
- Enjoy sun-filled day basking on the beach
- Watch dolphins and whales do their annual migration at Hastings Point lookout
- BluesFest/Splendour/Falls Fest sites just a quick 15 mins drive
Please note that there is a 4 night minimum on this studio
Please note this studio has an easy to use ELECTRIC COMPOST TOILET.