If you are booking with kids under 16 yrs, please do not include them under "Children" on the HomeAway booking page as they will be charged as an extra guest by the booking system.
Kids under 16 years stay FREE with us.
Welcome to Mango Tree Cottage -- Finalist in the 2015 HomeAway/Stayz Holiday Rental Awards for best "Pet Friendly" property.
Surrounded by rolling hills, forests and deep blue sky, this gorgeous architecturally designed cottage offers a secluded oasis in the foothills behind Mooball National Park. Not only are the sunsets perfectly reflected in the beautiful dam on the property, but the resident chickens will ensure that their gentle clucking will welcome in the morning light.
Only a short drive from Byron Bay and Coolongatta Airport, Mango Tree Cottage is perfectly positioned for couples or families looking for a relaxing mini-break with a difference. The two well-positioned bedrooms both feature impressive views over the gently rolling hills, while the adjoining sunroom’s convertible sofa bed can accommodate two more guests, making this a convenient option for large families or groups. The master bedroom includes an adjoining ensuite, with toiletries supplied, features a freestanding claw-foot bath, surrounded by windows and an incredible view of the surrounding trees.
The undisputed centre of the home is the open plan kitchen and living space, complete with a freestanding slow-burning wood fireplace for the cooler months. The fully equipped kitchen has a country inspired wooden island bench that includes a breakfast bar, and a sealed cement floor throughout that’s perfect for pets. Evenings can be spent on the covered deck watching the sunset, cooking on the large barbeque or reading in the comfortable couches.
The property boasts large grassy areas for children and pets to run around, and apart from the chook pen, you’ll also share the extensive open grounds with two friendly Huacaya breed alpacas, named Billy and Emmy.
The cottage is a fully furnished self contained Pottsville holiday accommodation boasting 2 bedrooms plus sunroom with sofabed for extra guests that is 10 mins from Pottsville Beach, 15 mins to Cabarita Beach, 25 mins to Byron Bay, 20 mins to Coolangatta Airport, 1 hour to Sea World, Dream World, 1.5 hours from Brisbane.
We are kids portacot & high chair booster seat available on request, and pet friendly fenced-in area available
Sleeps 6 comfortably.
Come and experience it for yourself
Free Wifi is available; however, it is by no means reliable, so please consider this when booking.
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
Bedroom 2: 2 King Singles which can be converted to King bed
Sunroom: Queen Sofabed
Dogs and cats are welcome, making the cottage perfect for the whole family.
– Pets are allowed inside; however, they are not allowed on furniture or beds.
– Entire deck which measures 50 sq mtrs has secured gates and is enclosed for the protection of all pets.
– Sizeable lawn area next to the cottage and massive paddock where pets can run around.
– Inside of cottage has polished concrete flooring no carpets or the like.
– Welcome treats on arrival. Toys, bedding, and food and water bowl provided.
THERE IS A PER PET CHARGE OF $30 AUD FOR EACH PET. This can be paid in cash upon arrival.
Please note: our chickens are housed in their own enclosed chook pen, so this shouldn't be a worry for pet owners.
Late checkout is possible if we don't have same day check-in. Feel free to ask.
There is no smoking inside the cottage.
The cottage is designed for entertaining and we encourage guests to relax and enjoy themselves with friends and family. However it's not a party house and any plans for events with more than those staying need to be discussed with the hosts.
Pottsville is a hidden gem on the Tweed Coast of New South Wales with Byron Bay, Coolangatta and world heritage rainforest so close by. It's that great combination of rural and coastal but with city life so accessible.
There are a bounty of restaurants in Pottsville town including Indian, Thai, Chinese, Fish and Chip, Bakery almond croissants are mouthwatering as well as two new restaurants which recently opened, Mis Amigos Mexican and Izakaya Potts, which can easily be awarded the title “the best Japanese in town” IGA, Chemist, Video Shop, News-Agency, and cafes as well.
---COMPLIMENTARY COTTAGE INCLUSIONS:---
- Tea, sugar, and farm fresh eggs when available
- Free WiFi access
- Hair Dryer
- Fluffy bathrobes & slippers May - Sept
- Linens towels, sheets, doonas, throws
- Personal care products
- Bath salt for a relaxing soak in the claw-foot bathtub
- Laundry detergent/powder, sponges, toilet paper, handwash
- Wood fire heater wood supplied from May - Sept
- Complimentary chocolate on arrival
- Marley Bluetooth speaker to listen to chilled sounds
- Pet treats, toys, bedding, and food and water bowl
Basic and Premium Australian Wines
- Coolangatta Airport Gold Coast - 20 min
- Brisbane Int'l Airport - 1.5 hours
- Byron/Ballina Airport - 30 min
- Pottsville Beach - 5 min
- Byron Bay - 25 min
- Sea World and Dream World - 1 hour
- Lamington National Park - 1.5 hour
- Madura Tea Estates - 15 min
- Crystal Castle – 30 min
- Macadamia Castle - 35 min
- Moo Moo Roadhouse - 13 min
- Pottsville to Kingscliff bike tracks - 5 min
- Pottsville Environmental Park - 5 min
- Fishing at Pottsville Estuary - 5 min
Prices quoted are for 2 adult guests ONLY; additional adult guests are charged $30 AUD per person per night. Kids stay FREE. $30 AUD pet charge for each pet.