PLEASE NOTE, WEEKENDS ARE A MINIMUM 2 NIGHT STAY.
Wanda Point House is the perfect place for your next beachside family holiday or couples retreat. Offering mesmerising water views, elevated privacy and only two minutes walk to the beach, you just need to unpack to know your holiday has begun.
Lovingly and professionally decorated to create your home away from home, the atmosphere is airy, relaxed and welcoming. With vaulted ceilings in the living room and beautiful Blackbutt timber flooring there is an easy sense of calm.
The open plan living area has floor to ceiling windows, looking out across Salamander Bay, an entertainment and socialising hub with comfy lounges, a large book and DVD library, selection of games and a 55 inch flat screen TV with Foxtel and free Wifi.. It includes a spacious dining setting for eight and fully equipped, modern kitchen with breathtaking water views.
With two completely separate outside living areas, plus a quiet balcony nook to recline on deck chairs, there’s plenty of options for quiet moments, personal space and change of atmosphere.
The large front deck has a relaxed lounge setting and catches the sunrise. It’s a favourite spot for morning yoga and coffee, a getaway anytime of the day or for evening canapés and drinks. Looking out across Salamander Bay, it is protected, spacious and supremely peaceful.
Alternately at the rear, is an oversized covered deck surrounded by tranquil gardens, offering lots of privacy and protection from the south easterlies when they come through. Here is another place you can share time, relax or entertain. It includes a casual lounge setting, gas BBQ and additional dining setting for eight.
Bedrooms and hallway are carpeted for luxury and quiet and the whole home is fitted with ducted reverse cycle air conditioning to ensure your comfort all year round.
All bedrooms have brand new Sealy Posturepedic ensembles with deluxe eurotops for extra comfort. Doonas with decorative covers, blankets and pillows dress each bed. Linen and towels are supplied and beds made for your arrival.
The master bedroom has floor to ceiling glass sliding doors onto the balcony, with sparkling water views, an enormous walk in wardrobe, remote T.V. and stylish ensuite with double vanity, shower, toilet, heat lamps and hair dryer. Bedrooms two and three are equally spacious, each with its own built-in wardrobe, ceiling fan and large window ensuring lots of natural light. Looking out onto either woodland or the rear garden they are both tranquil places for rest. The main bathroom has a separate bath, shower and toilet.
The internal laundry is equipped with new front-loading washing machine, dryer, large deep sink and organised utility cupboard.
There are two covered car spaces at the top of the curved, steep driveway. Low-rise stairs then lead you up to the front door 2 flights, where your holiday home, balconies and decks are all on the one level. All decks and carport areas are well lit, with a sensor light at the front door to assist with entry.
4-LEGGED FAMILY MEMBERS WELCOME
Wanda Point House is dog friendly so you can bring your best friend on holiday too. The BBQ area is fully equipped with dinner and water bowls. As the fence is not fully secure, it’s best suited to an obedient dog or small family dog. There are plenty of pretty walks to take and Salamander Beach only 100m away – is dog friendly on lead. For council approved off-lead fun, Bagnall’s Beach is a short drive and very popular with fellow 4 legged vacationers. Each furry guest’s holiday is $50 per stay.
ACCOMMODATES 8 MAXIMUM 6 ADULTS. We do have a strict policy in relation to 'visitors' to the property, thus only those nominated and accepted on our booking form are permitted to be on the property.
Enjoy Free Wi-Fi
LINEN & TOWELS ARE SUPPLIED and the beds are made with quality linen for your arrival. Beach towels can be hired for an additional $5 per towel.
Doonas with decorative covers, blankets and pillows are also supplied.
Wanda Point House is an easy stroll to two gentle bay swimming beaches - Salamander Bay Beach with free BBQ and picnic tables or take the beautiful Headland walk to Wanda Wanda beach and its protected sandy waters. Old Salamander Village is also only a short walk and is a friendly cluster of restaurants, café, bakery, bottle shop, specialty stores and newsagency.
Golfers can tee off just minutes away at the award winning championship Horizons Golf Resort or the unique Nelson Bay 27 hole golf course.
Soldiers Point Marina is a short drive, with the Boat Shed Café dog friendly and two delightful restaurants or head to New Salamander Shopping Centre with its mall of major stores, specialty shops, restaurants and fitness centre.
You are less than 10 minutes drive to the Nelson Bay shopping precinct and D’Albora Marina with boardwalk, waterfront restaurants, seafood markets, huge array of shops, dolphin watching cruises, parasailing, boat hire, whale watching adventures between May and November, plus the Tea Gardens and Lemon Tree Passage Ferries for guests who want to explore the greater area.
DVD and book library
Ducted revers cycle air conditioning in all rooms
Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and oven
Balcony with comfortable lounge setting
Deck with-out door entertaining setting and lounge area and BBQ
Ensuite and main bathroom with bath and separate shower
Laundry with washing machine, dryer and tub
2 car carparks
Beds are 2 Queen, and 2 King Single that can zip together to make a king and 1 queen sofa
Walk to beach and shopping village
Port Stephens is a blue water wonderland well known for its numerous choices for beaches & activities. Shoal Bay is in close proximity to all the area has to offer. The activities & experiences include:
- Beaches with numerous surfing or calm swimming spots
- Dolphin & Whale Watch Cruises
- Water Sports including ski, kayaking, sailing, para-sailing, jet ski, jet boat
- Scuba diving and snorkelling
- Fishing charters, game fishing, ocean and rock fishing
- 4WD Sand Dune Safari tours,quad bike tours, sand surfing, horse & camel rides
- Theme Parks with Tobogganing, rock climbing, mini golf, giant maze, ice skating
- Wild Life Parks with Koalas, bush walk.
- Go Karts
- Hire Bikes
- Wine & Vineyard Tours
- Golf Courses
- The Australian Shark and Ray Centre
- The Shell Museum
Terms and Conditions are as below;
-Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the client's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
-A refundable bond of $500 is required.
-Late check out fee of $50 per hour after 10am.
-We do not accept schoolies, weddings, bucks or hens parties, sporting groups including golf weekends, party groups, and any group more than 2 people under the age of 30 years, unless part of a family group i.e. adults and children. If you book and fall into this category your booking will be cancelled. ONLY THE NOMINATED GUESTS MAY BE PRESENT AT THE PROPERTY FOR ANY TIME DURING THE STAY. You will be required to list guests names and ages as a registration of who is staying for OH&S requirements. Eviction will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
-Full Rental is payable 14 days IN ADVANCE prior to collection of keys when checking in.
-Once final payment is DUE no refund is will be made unless the property is re-booked.
-All changes to accommodation bookings will incur an administration fee of $50.00
More than 4 weeks notice - full refund less $50.00 booking fee
Less than 4 weeks notice - 50 of the tariff fee
Less than 2 weeks notice – No refund
- STRICTLY NO SMOKING
-Standard check-in time is 2pm and check-out time is 10am. Late check-outs will incur a late check-out fee.
-We have the right to refuse a booking.
- Only one warning will be issued for noise complaints. 2nd complaint will result in immediate departure from the property with no refund.
-We will debit credit card or send an invoice for extra charges for cleaning, additional guests, lost keys, call outs or damage to property.
- Please leave the Property as you found it, cleaners will attend when you leave to maintain a level of hygiene, disinfect showers and benches etc, but we expect the house to be left in a neat tidy clean condition, with bbq’s wiped over after usage, refrigerators cleared of your left over food, dishwasher stacked and left on when you leave and dishes washed and put away in cupboards, rubbish in rubbish and re-cycled bins. Extra cleaning charges will be made if these items are not attended to. Please leave used sheets & towels in laundry to allow beds to air between bookings and to let us identify what linen needs to go to the laundry.
- As a guest of the property booked, you indemnify the management of any liability caused by you or your guests which may arise during the booking period. And the Owner of the property are not liable for any damages to the property, or injury to persons visiting the property during the occupancy period.
- Your booking is made in GOOD FAITH by our office but may under circumstances be subject to change prior to the commencement of booking. We cannot accept responsibility if your booking has to be cancelled. We cannot accept responsibility for actions outside our control
-Whilst we will make every effort to provide you with the accommodation described in our booking confirmation, we must reserve the right to amend, vary or cancel any booking.
- Prices may be subject to change without notice.
- We will not be held responsible for failure of utilities and essential services such as gas, electricity and water, nor appliances, should they cease to function.