Whitwick Sands is the perfect place to get away from it all, or use it as a base for an action packed weekend. It's entirely up to you You could happily spend the weekend relaxing on the deck backing on to Tomaree National Park. If you prefer something more active you can fish, surf or scuba dive at the local beaches.
For people who enjoy cooking, the kitchen is equipped for self catering. We will leave a few store cupboard items to help you along the way. There is also a BBQ on the deck so you can cook the day's catch or whatever you've picked up at the Nelson Bay Co-Op
Although we like to relax when we are staying in Shoal Bay, we do think it's important to stay connected to the world. Whitwick Sands has free WiFi for you to use.
You will have full access to the upstairs living space. This includes the kitchen, lounge and dining area; three good sized bedrooms; a bathroom; two outdoor spaces: a balcony to the front overlooking the quiet street and an outdoor deck overlooking the bush. The rear deck has a barbecue and outdoor furniture for your exclusive use. It is fully screened giving you protection from the bugs. It also means you can enjoy the peaceful bush setting even when it is raining.
Whitwick Sands is located in a quiet residential street in Shoal Bay. Although quiet, you are within walking distance from all the action. 15 minutes walk from the Shoal Bay Resort, shops and restaurants.
There are also 5 beaches within walking distance. Something to suit everyone
- 8 minutes walk to the 'ocean side' Box Beach. This beach is really popular with local surfers and fisherman.
- 15 minutes to the 'bay side' family friendly Shoal Bay Beach. Calm, clear waters are perfect for children to paddle, also great for a swim.
- 15 minutes walk to the 'ocean side' Wreck Beach. If you like to pretend you're on a desert island, Wreck Beach is the place for you. A little more effort, you need to walk down the fire trail, then down a moderately steep track. At the bottom you are rewarded with a pristine beach. It's only the very keen fisherman that make the effort so you won't be disappointed. Even at the height of summer it is not uncommon to share this beach with only a small handful of other people.
- 25 minutes walk via the fire trail to the 'ocean side' Zenith Beach, another popular and beautiful Surf beach.
- 30-40 minutes walk on the fire trail to Fingal Bay. This popular beach has something for everyone. At the south end is the surf life saving club with patrolled swimming area. Further north you can enjoy the surf or the tranquillity of the sand dunes. If you are really lucky, you can cross the spit at low tide and walk up to the Fingal Lighthouse.
We have parking for 2 cars at the bottom of the driveway. The garage is not open for visitors. You can park at the top of the driveway if you are careful, but be warned the drive is steep and you need a good handbrake and confidence in your reversing skills
We have a stereo that you can link to your MP3, USB or phone to play music. We also have a DVD player with a small collection of movies, you may wish to bring your own, or a USB with your favourites. We also have free WiFi for your responsible use.
Please treat our house as you would your own. It is a quiet residential area so we would appreciate it if you respect our friendly neighbours and keep noise to a minimum. No wild parties, bucks or hen weekends or schoolies.
Whitwick Sands is a non smoking house. Please do not smoke in the house or on the front or rear deck. If you wish to smoke, you will need to go outside away from the property. Please be mindful that it is a bushfire zone.
Whitwick Sands is not pet friendly due to the nature of the property. There are no fences between us and the neighbours or the bush