For those seeking a peaceful haven discreetly distanced from the rest of the world yet still close enough to the conveniences of the village, Old Minton Farmstay is the best place to stay for your next holiday. Located in a peaceful and secluded rural bush setting that is less than 4 kms from Nimmitabel, Old Minton offers a spacious renovated farmhouse with 5 unique bedrooms that sleeps 11 comfortably. Fully self contained, the homestead boasts a huge, well equipped country style kitchen, cosy living room, BBQ verandah and a choice of peaceful spots in the garden to sit and admire the picturesque surroundings.
The farmstay is fully owner operated and the owners live in a separate house away from the guesthouse, so you are guaranteed complete privacy! We can however be easily reached if need be and with prior arrangement we offer guided farm tours, feeding the animals plus we can show you the best spots for catching yabbies.
Set on 770 acres in the beautiful High Country region of southeast NSW, the property is home to an attractive and varied blend of native woodlands, rolling hills of open farm land, and an impressive assortment of exotic trees. Kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, and echidnas are in abundance at Old Minton and the birdlife is rich and varied
There are plenty of bushwalking tracks throughout the property, with many leading to some lovely picnic spots that have spectacular views over undulating hills, natural bushland, huge granite boulders and absolute creek frontage.
The farmstay offers affordable, comfortable accommodation and is the perfect place to unwind and treat yourself to a relaxing country experience with no crowds, no traffic noise and no stress! It is an ideal venue to reacquaint yourself with friends and family in a calm and peaceful setting with no distractions (apart from the kookaburras!)
Nimmitabel's High Country has four distinct seasons from warm summers to chilly winters when the air is crisp, clean and invigorating. The glorious displays of autumn and spring colour and the unique landscape, make Old Minton a paradise for gardeners, photographers, artists, romantics and anyone who appreciates the beauty of the Australian bush. Come and share our passion for this beautiful part of Australia!
Old Minton is conveniently positioned less than 4 kms from the quaint and historic village of Nimmitabel, which is situated approximately 90 mins from either Canberra or the skifields and 1 hour to beautiful beaches. Nimmitabel has a Corner Store, Lolly Shop & Post Office, Woolly Wonders,The Butchers Hook gift shop, the Leather Shop, Crafty Belles, Merrita's Fruitcakes and gifts, Berties Cafe, the Bakery, the Federal Hotel and a Country Club with tennis, golf course and lawn bowls.
You will be spoilt for choice with a number of excellent day trips that will enhance your country holiday experience. Places like Bombala, Dalgety, Jindabyne, Cooma and Bega are all less than an hours drive and offer plenty of things to do. Close by are spectacular National Parks such as the Wadbilliga and South East Forest where great scenic drives and four wheel driving opportunities can be experienced.
Of course many guests who stay at Old Minton simply want to stay on the farm and enjoy whats on offer there! Whether you choose to be active or passive, this is one place youll want to come back to again and again and as one of our guests said, a holiday at Old Minton ticks all the right boxes!
Please note that on Public Holiday weekends there is a minimum 3 night stay.
Note: Doonas (and covers), blankets & pillows are supplied, towels, pllow cases and bed sheets are not, however we can supply them on request for a small charge.
Please note that prices are based on 4 persons and there is a charge per person per night for extra guests.
* Huge fully equipped country kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, gas oven/stove, large fridge/freezer, Rayburn wood stove and a massive kitchen table!
* Comfy lounge room with cosy wood heating,excellent selection of books, TV, DVD player
* Main bedroom with queen size bed & antique furniture
* Second bedroom with queen bed, BIWs
* Third bedroom with bunk beds (double on bottom single on top), single bed, BIWS
* Fourth bedroom with a single bed & night'n'day
* Fifth bedroom with double bed
* Large bathroom with separate bath and shower
* Second toilet
* Charming stone verandah with barbeque
* Exquisite stained glass leadlight windows
* Approx. 500 exotic trees-maples, oaks, ornamental fruit trees, elms, ashes, birches - stunning variety!
* Huge dam
* Fully fenced yard around the house-safe for kids
* Gorgeous outlook from every room
ACTIVITIES or DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!
*Canoe in the lake
*Take a farm tour with the owners (subject to availability and weather)
*Birdwatching- incredible variety to look at without even leaving the house!
*See kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and echidnas
*Handfeed our friendly sheep and George the goat
*DVD and book library, board games
*Feed the cows
*Relax by the dam, feed the ducks
*Go yabbying in the creek
*Sit by the fire with a glass of red
*Meditate on one of the huge granite boulders
* Do absolutely nothing in totally peaceful surroundings!
* Visit the historic village - explore the Heritage Trail, get some retail therapy at The Leather Shop and The Butchers Hook, sample some of the delights in any of the eateries, satisfy your sweet tooth at the Lolly Shop, browse through the amazing fibre creations at Woolly Wonders, select some handspun wool to knit a scarf, find that book you've been searching for at The Corner Store, join the locals for a cold beer at the club
*Day tripping - there are some fabulous destinations in the area! Beaches AND the skifields are close! Great tourist drives, national parks or just stay on the farm and enjoy the beautiful surroundings!