Wybaleena is a serene country retreat located between the picturesque towns of Tumut and Batlow in the rolling foothills of the Snowy Mountains. Nestled amidst established gardens with immense Elm, Oak & Poplar trees, the property comprises a large five bedroom home, with swimming pool and tennis court. It is surrounded by apple, cherry and peach orchards, grazing pastures for cattle, and magnificent alpine forest.
The unique stone and timber two-storey house features 5 generous light-filled bedrooms, 3 with King size beds. Each level has it's own bathroom. Downstairs the house has a spacious lounge area with open fireplace, large flat screen tv and stunning vistas to three sides of the property. Adjacent to the lounge is the open dining room featuring a rustic 10-seat dining table, and a fully equipped country style eat-in kitchen.
The historic estate, situated on 85 acres, is 5 minutes from Batlow, 20 minutes from Tumut and 1.5 hours to the snowfields at Cabramurra and Mt Selwyn. The district is famous for it's quality produce and is a gateway to the Snowy Mountains and Kosciusko National Park. With stunning scenery, and a relaxed country style, Wybaleena is an idyllic getaway.
Inground Pool operational Nov-Mar
Clay Tennis Court
Fully equipped kitchen with Smeg 6-burner cooktop
Formal dining room
Large flat screen TV
Home theatre with ipod dock
Trampoline, bikes and games
Fresh herb garden
There are many local attractions and events and here are 5 highlights for each:
1. Kosciuszko National Park - breathtaking beauty and alpine sports
2. The Snowy Hydro Electric Scheme - fascinating engineering on a huge scale
3. Tumbarumba, Tumut and Adelong townships - history and country style
4. Snowy Valleys Way - an iconic Australian scenic drive
5. The mighty Murray, Murrumbidgee and Tumut rivers
1. Tumut Festival of the Falling Leaf last weekend in April annually
2. Batlow Apple Blossom Festival 3rd weekend in October
3. TumbaFest last weekend in February annually
4. Adelong Antique Fair last weekend in April annually
5. Dine in the Vines - Mannus Winery January 2014