Sea Breeze is located in the beachside village of Berrara.
Located approximately 2.5 hours from Sydney and Canberra. Surrounded by national park, this is the perfect getaway for a family holiday or weekend couples retreat.
Set amongst the trees with a large wrap around deck, Sea Breeze provides a beautiful setting for a weekend or extended stay whilst fishing, surfing, walking, boating or just relaxing. Sea Breeze is an easy walk to 3 pristine beaches (including Berrara beach 300m away) and adjoins the peaceful parklands and Berrara lagoon. The Berrara lagoon is surrounded by manicured parklands, new playground equipment, and access for canoeing or kayaking. It is a beautiful setting for an afternoon BBQ watching the sunset.
The house extends over 2 levels. Upstairs includes a brand new bathroom (with shower and toilet) and two bedrooms, one with a queen size bed (and plenty of floor space for portable cot/mattress) the second with a double and single bed. There is also an open plan kitchen, walk in pantry and good size living/dining area surrounded by full length windows on 3 sides. A cathedral ceiling makes for a lovely airy light area overlooking the peaceful surrounds with plenty of room for the kids to play. A new spacious fully covered deck with hammock, lounge and dining furniture, gas stainless steel barbeque and fans make relaxing and outdoor entertaining a breeze.
Downstairs consists of another living area, full bathroom and two more bedrooms. One has two single beds and the other a double bed plus a bunk. The downstairs living area overlooks a large patio, outdoor shower and backyard, where you might find some local kangaroos!
Sea Breeze is ideal for two families with the kids being able to have plenty of their own space while the adults relax upstairs.
Sea Breeze is well fitted out with everything to make your stay comfortable.
Some of the features are:
* 4 bedrooms, 2 upstairs 2 downstairs (sleeps 11)
* 2 additional fold out beds
* 2 bathrooms each with a shower and toilet
* Huge upstairs deck with stainless steel BBQ, lounge, hammock and dining area
* 2 separate living rooms
* Laundrette with sink / washing machine
* Functional open planned, fully equipped kitchen with walk-in pantry, plenty of cooking utensils, hand held appliances, surplus crockery, cutlery and glassware, stainless steel dishwasher, Nespresso compatible coffee machine, microwave, stove, oven and family size fridge
* Games, books and magazines
* Heaters and fan
* Pot belly stove (we suggest families with young children to use electric heaters provided and not use the pot belly). Some wood is provided but brickettes are available from the local store.
* Outdoor shower
* Undercover gas BBQ on the deck
* Local wildlife including kangaroos, kookaburras, king parrots, possums and the odd tawny frog mouth.
* Washing machine
* Pets (dogs only) allowed strictly outside only. Please note the property is not fenced and local council rules to having pets (dogs wandering, barking etc) apply
Please read the following, it is a friendly reminder to our guests and should be abided by out of respect for our township of Berrara and neighbours. Shoalhaven Council regulations are no different to most councils.
The Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act) and the Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2000 (Noise Control Regulation) provide the legal framework and basis for managing unacceptable noise from:
machines (boat motors etc)
music & parties & offensive behaviour
Midnight to 8 am on Friday, Saturday or any day preceding a public holiday
10 pm to 8 am on any other day Local Council or Police can be called to the property by surrounding neighbours.
The local area offers a range of activities. Favourites include;
* Swimming, surfing, snorkelling
* Wildlife spotting, kangaroos, bandicoots, birds and possums
* Walking (road, rocks, beach and bush)
* Fishierman's Rock water hole, walking distance
* Mermaids rock pool, at the end of Berrara beach
* Bike riding. The surrounding national parks provide a variety of tracks from a quick trip around the lake or a 3 hour adventure to Bendalong and back.
* Fishing. The beach, lake, basin or off shore all provide great fishing. St Georges Basin has for several years now been free of commercial fishing so the catches have improved dramatically
* Boating. Swan Lake is just 2 minutes away. It is a great location for water skiing while the inlet and basin are lovely for an afternoon cruise or fish
* Kayaking. With the Berrara lagoon at your doorstep an afternoon paddle is a great experience.
* Board games, reading
For dining out try the local clubs and restaurants in Sussex Inlet and the Cudmirrah General Store on Swan lake is great for breakfast and lunch. If you would like a drive the Milton/Ulladulla area has plenty on offer.
There are also plenty of day trips. Take a drive to Pigeon House Mountain and walk to the top. Maybe a trip to Milton to find a cafe or art gallery or a bit of wine tasting with the ever increasing crop of local vineyards. Whale watching around the Jervis Bay/Huskisson area is also a must do.
Whatever you do, you always have the serene surrounds of Sea Breeze holiday house to come home to!