This home is the ideal location for a group of friends to wind down and enjoy country comforts, or for a family to reunite and spend quality time together.
With three separate living spaces, areas for the kids to entertain themselves and lots of tables for dining, this home lends itself to joyous shared occasions. Only 8 minutes by car to Berry where you can sample fine fare offered by award winning restaurant 'The Hungry Duck', the Woodfired Sourdough Bakery, the Berry Hotel or any of the other friendly cafes and restaurants. Visit Berrys country markets on the first Sunday of each month where you can buy fresh fruit and vegetables, plants, jewellery, fudge and nuts, coffee, curries and home-baked treats.
This spacious and beautifully appointed home is ready to welcome you and your friends.
5 bedrooms: 3 bathrooms
accommodates 12 guests
Raised Living Level
* Living area: From the front entrance area, turn left up the short flight of stairs to this living area and
two bedrooms. This relaxing space opens onto an expansive external deck which overlooks the pool terrace.
* 3 seater sofa plus arm chair to lounge in while watching people swimming in the pool or playing in the pool terrace.
* Wood-fired heater
* Dining area for 6 people
* Kitchenette with gas hob (2 burner), microwave, toaster, bar fridge, sink area.
* 5 seater sofa and large flat screen TV.
* Bedroom 1: Master Queen bedroom looks out across pool terrace. Spacious ensuite with spa, hobless shower, toilet and bidet and heated towel rails. Walk-in dressing room.
* Bedroom 2: Queen bedroom with rural views.
* Mud room: with gym equipment
* Laundry: with washing machine, dryer and washing tub.
Pool Living level
From the front entrance area turn right into the large living area with opens out onto the pool terrace and guest wing.
* Modular leather sofa to seat 5.
* Formal dining area with white leather chairs to seat 12
* Wood fireplace as rooms centrepiece
* Full-sized billiard table with bar stools and cue area
* Casual dining area near kitchen to seat 8
Kitchen area is part of large open-plan living space
* Stainless steel gas hob (6 burner) and extractor
* Stainless steel electric oven
* Stainless steel fridge with freezer on top
* Stainless steel dishwasher
* Food preparation bar, microwave, DeLonghi coffee machine
* Bedroom 3: Queen bedroom. Ensuite with vanity, hobbed shower with sliding glass door, toilet and wardrobe.
* Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with wardrobe.
* Reading Area: Sofa for 2, bean bags for 2, flat screen TV. Room opens onto pool terrace
* Spa Bathroom: Spacious bathroom with walk-in shower, single person spa bath with 12 jets, vanity and toilet.
* Bedroom 5: Bunk bedroom with 4 single built-in bunk beds. Room opens onto pool terrace.
This outdoor paved area is the ideal space for lounging, entertaining, doing yoga or exercise or simply relaxing.
* 25m saltwater lap pool (now fenced)
* Dining table to seat 12
* Gas BBQ
* Broadband Wireless available
* QUALITY LINEN AND TOWELS PROVIDED THROUGHOUT
* NO SMOKING
* NO PETS
Property Type: House
Things To Do
Hill End, Jasper's Brush, is only a 2 minute drive from Berry's Silos Winery and Restaurant or an 8 minute drive away from the centre of Berry, which has 2 great pubs and many friendly cafes and restaurants.
Visit Berry’s country markets on the first Sunday of each month where you can buy fresh fruit and vegetables, plants, jewellery, fudge and nuts, coffee, curries and home-baked treats.
Hire bikes or wander around the beautiful gardens and surrounding farmlands the village has to offer.
Berry is now becoming VERY well known for wonderful local produce, and great restaurants and shops which use this local food:
* The Hungry Duck, Queen Street, Berry: run by chef David Campbell (Wokpool, Tetsuyas (London) and Billy Kwong):
Reviews: "We had the five course banquet for two. Most memorable dishes were the sashimi, duck, and lime tart. Fresh, sharp, and authentic flavours, incorporating the best of regional Asian ingredients. Male waiter was knowledgeable about all the dishes. Very good value at around $70 per person."
* The Sourdough Cafe, Prince Alfred St, Berry: evenings are run by chef John Evans (Head Chef at the 3 Weeds Restaurant in Rozelle, and the Merivale-owned restaurant CBD):
Review: "It's hard to imagine Berry without this landmark local charmer... a must-stop for Sydneysiders and a favourite around these parts."
SMH Good Food Guide 2012.
* South Coast Providores, 89 Queen St, Berry,
store open thursday to monday 10am - 5pm and
"locavore friday" markets selling fresh local produce: committed to creating the most mouth watering
relishes, chutneys, conserves & foodie delights! As featured in the SMH Good Food Guide 2012.