Photos are temporary and will be updated with professional photos in the near future.
Derwent by the Sea is a perfect choice for families or couples looking for a relaxing, peaceful holiday. Located in the tranquil village of Callala Bay in the Shoalhaven area, on the northern shores of Jervis Bay. Callala Bay is a fantastic holiday location.
A pleasant 2 ½ hour drive from Sydney and 3 hours from Canberra this area has it all; safe swimming, great walks, idyllic scenery and plenty of opportunities for fishing, boating, bike riding, dolphin spotting and photography.
The yard and garden area is a fully fenced safe area for children and pets, ideal for outdoor games. There is a BBQ and outdoor setting out the back - a wonderful spot for sitting back and relaxing with a glass of wine and a good book.
Spread out over two levels – Upstairs the open plan lounge / dining room and kitchen has a dining table, 2 lounges a TV and DVD. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, electric stove and oven, fridge, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster and more.
The air conditioner provides comfort for both summer and winter stays.
Derwent by the Sea is a 300m stroll from Callala Bay. Visitors can follow the walking track along the spectacular Callala Bay Headland to the beautiful Callala Beach. The boat ramp is located a a short drive from the house or bring the fishing gear and throw in a line off the Callala Bay wharf.
The local shops are just a 10 minute walk away and provide all you need for a relaxing coastal break. There is an IGA, a hot food takeaway, cafes, boutique / gift shop and bakery. There is even a day spa if you want to reward yourself with a massage or facial. You can also stop off on your way through, at Nowra Fresh and the Farmers Market to collect supplies. Callala Bay and Callala Beach also have a few lovely restaurants and cafes if you choose to dine out.
Nowra is only a 20-minute drive away. Berry is located slightly further afield and well worth a visit. Also, there are plenty of other pristine beaches to explore around Currarong, Culburra Beach or further down the coast in Jervis Bay. Beecroft Peninsula and the lighthouse at Point Perpendicular are also worth exploring.
The property features:-
• 2 bathrooms. One with bath
• Table tennis table and equipment
• Air Conditioned
• X Box and playstation plus games
• Queen Bed
• Queen Bed
• Tri Bunk
• Tri Bunk In games room downstairs
• Local shops - 850m
• Wowly Creek - 300m
• Boat Ramp – 930 m
• Callala Beach 4km
Linen Service full property all beds, comes at a cost per stay. All beds will be freshly made for your arrival. The service includes sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, bath mats and hand towels. If you only require the linen service for a certain number of beds and not the entire property, please contact our bookings team for a quote. Please advise at time of booking if you would like to book the linen service or if you will be bringing you own linen. If you don’t book the linen service then you will need to bring your own sheets and towels. There are pillows, blankets and quilts with covers on the beds.
There is a cleaning fee at this property.
• Out of peak season stays of a week or more may qualify for a discount, please send us a message.
• We ARE Pet Friendly and there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay – please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets
• If you book you will receive directions to the property and the access details 2 days prior to your arrival date.
• To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
• For your added security, this property is managed by a Licensed Real Estate Agent. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
“Lovely house and great location. Minutes’ walk to the beach and a short drive to countless other beaches. Not much in the line of places to eat out locally but if you’re prepared to drive a bit, there are a lot more options. We had a lovely stay here. Time slowed right down. The only problem was that eventually we had to leave.”
Ursula, April 2017