Culburra Dunes Beach House – Absolute Beachfront
Culburra Dunes Beach house is built right into the sand dunes of beautiful Culburra beach. There is nothing between you and the waves……. only the beautiful dunes.
It is the quintessential Australian timber beach house, small, warm, cosy and effortlessly comfortable …. a very short bare foot walk along a private path onto the beach.
The house has a gorgeous curved roof echoing the nearby waves and internally giving an uplifting sense of light and space. The house sits in the dunes, the bottom deck offering protection from the afternoon sea breeze, the top deck allowing plenty of ocean views. It is one of a few places that you can watch the sun rise over the ocean and the sunset over glimpses of Curleys Bay… all from the same deck
The house has three bedrooms, all with quality bedding and a divine loft bedroom located within the largest bedrooms’ curved ceiling. There is one bathroom, a new kitchen with a retro “Baby Blue” Smeg fridge, a separate dinning room, large living room with a Cocoon Ethanol fire, comfortable sofa, a quality entertainment system and smart TV. Multiple Decks allow for plenty of options to escape the sun and relax. The back lawn is a great place to kick a football with the kids or simply lie in the sun away from the sand
The large main bedroom has a luxurious latex King size bed and a separate Sofa. The Sofa converts into a double bed suitable for a child or single adult sharing the space. In this room is a ladder to the gorgeous loft room with opaque glass balustrade. The loft has a single bed and single pull out trundle bed. The loft is the perfect place for a teenager or a single adult wishing to escape It has its own private window with views to the mountains. The loft, although small, is suitable for two older children aged 10 Years +. This space is not suitable for children under 10 as access is via a ladder.
The second bedroom is up a small flight of stairs and contains a comfortable double bed with windows all around. This room has two beautiful fan shaped windows, one opaque offering warm light the other with clear glass allowing for gorgeous viewing of the Culburra night sky while lying in bed. This bedroom gives access to the top deck and views over Culburra Beach and Curleys Bay. This bedroom is suitable for two people sharing.
The third bedroom has a fabulously comfortable Queen Bed with multiple windows and a light airy feel. This bedroom is suitable for two people sharing.
The beds are fully made up with quality linen saving you having to bring your own linen. This is included in the price of your stay making the price for the accommodation very reasonable for beachfront accommodation.
The kitchen has all a cook might need to whip up a gourmet meal.
• Stone Bench Tops
• Integrated Dishwasher
• Smeg Fridge
• Nespresso Coffee Machine
• Induction Cook Top/ Fan forced Oven/ Microwave Combi-Oven
• Sharp knives, quality crockery and plenty of cooking utensils and appliances.
The dinning room has an extendable table and large sliding doors that open onto a covered deck with a Weber BBQ, outdoor dinning table and stools.
The Living room has a very comfortable sofa and relaxing wicker chairs. You can choose to watch one of the many DVD’s available or connect your device to the smart TV. The sound bar means quality music is always available. A Cocoon Ethanol fireplace gives the warmth and ambience of a real flame without the mess and need to manage logs of timber.
Glass French doors lead from the living room onto a large shaded lounging deck, protected from the afternoon breeze but close enough to the beach to always hear the waves.
The perfect weekend at Culburra Dunes Beach House
• Depart Sydney early Friday, pick up some fresh Seafood from “Nowra Fresh” on the way through, check in early if available and relax with a glass of wine and a bucket of prawns on the deck.
• Saturday go for an early morning stroll along the beach or ride a bike up to the lighthouse and see the beautiful view and gateway to the Shoalhaven River. Swim and relax on the beach and in the afternoon take a drive to nearby Huskisson. See the beautiful white sands and clear water of Jervis bay and stay for a fantastic Pub dinner.
• Sunday is perfect for another morning stroll along the beach. After check out, take a drive to historic Berry 17km, wander around the gorgeous shops and have a gourmet lunch at one of the many cafes before heading back to Sydney relaxed and recharged.
In and around Culburra
• Woolworths open late every night. BWS bottle shop
• Tennis courts
• Boating ramps and fishing facilities
• Bowling Club
• Surf Club