SINGLE NIGHT RENTALS NOW AVAILABLE MID WEEK & WEEKENDS LIMITED DURING HIGH-SEASON, SCHOOL & PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
The Front House; "CURRARONG UTSIKT". A Swedish word for an outlook & from the first floor level there are expansive distant views northward over the village & Currarong Bight towards Sydney & further westward towards the escarpment & the Southern Highlands beyond.
Currarong is a true birdwatcher/nature-lover's paradise & stunning native wildlife is often all around .....from grey kangaroos on the front lawn at night / early mornings to feeding Kookaburras, Lorikeets & Bower Birds on our front balcony by day.
The property is the north facing two storey home in a block of two. The entry door is along the western side on right with dedicated off street parking with the concrete driveway to the eastern side on left. The rear property is rented separately & faces southward into the forest with entry along the eastern side on left.
This modern comfortably appointed two story home was built in 2007 replacing the original derelict fisherman's cottage on site.
Designed by Swedish architect with specially engineered raked ceilings, internally free of supports to maximise light & space, this unique property is styled & appointed in a manner to ensure your next holiday is as relaxed & care free as possible.
- A Smoke-Free residence & hard wired smoke detectors are installed throughout.
- pet & allergy free.
- reverse cycle air-conditioning throughout for optimal all year round comfort.
- functional, enviro friendly, passive solar design; with highlight windows down both sides for natural light & ventilation.
- clean & uncluttered decor, tastefully furnished with a mix new & antique furnishings.
- insect screens to all windows & sliding doors.
- Free Wi-Fi is provided, nb. we are in the country & NBN is still unavailable, so service can be slow or intermittent, especially during peak & holiday periods.
BED & BATH LINEN:
You may BYO bed linen & towels - otherwise, complimentary bagged sheet & towel sets can be ordered when you make your booking. Such will then be located in linen cupboard bedroom 1, comprising: queen sized fitted bottom sheet, top sheet, 4 pillow cases, plus 2 bath & 2 hand towels.
NB. 1 X Doona, 1 x cotton cell blanket, 4 x pillows are included per bed.
ARRIVALS / DEPARTURE:
CHECK OUT is hr 10.00 Strict to allow for cleaning before next arrivals.
CHECK IN is hr 15.00
Nb: free early Check-In is possible, depending on season - check with owner for availability.
Late Check Out Option:
Depart hr 15.00 @ $50- check with Owner for availability
Depart hr 17.00 @ $75- check with Owner for availability
the standard $175- fee has been waived as part of of our current season holiday promotion. To qualify & avoid re-instatement of such fee, we simply ask that upon departure you leave the property neat, tidy & in the same condition as when you arrived.
For your security, this property is only managed in Australia & we NEVER request payments be made to an overseas bank account.
Your booking can only be guaranteed once payment is received.
A 25 deposit is required at time of booking with balance & bond/refundable damage deposit within 28 days advance of rental comencement.
Where the stay commences less than 4 weeks from the time of booking, the full Booking Value must be paid.
NB. Rentals will automatically be cancelled if payments not received within required date.
UPSTAIRS - polished timber floors; comfortable, clean & hygienic:
Designed solar passively; is positioned to capture the warmth of winter's sun but shaded to exclude summer's heat by capturing cooling breezes, the upper level is floored in local hardwood timbers & flooded with natural light from full width highlight windows along both sides. Devoted entirely to an open plan kitchen, dining & living, the building's ceiling is cleverly engineered to follow within the roof line, thus creating a cavernous raked ceiling totally free of internal supports, subtly increasing height & space within. Accessed through full glass sliding doors, the all weather entertaining deck has distant views northwards up the coastline, over the village of Currarong. Fully roofed for all-weather usage, this elevated deck is furnished with a slatted sun bench, Weber gas BBQ & long slatted table with folding chairs to comfortably seat 8.
A gas BBQ is located on the top balcony. We request that you scrape clean the grill after each use with provided tools to prevent fat & grease build-ups, thus reducing likelihood of fire caused by flare-ups.
- full width across rear wall; well appointed with modern appliances incl: glass cooktop, under bench oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, etc.
- above & below bench cupboards; fully stocked with crockery, glassware, cutlery, picnic basket, etc. for 8 persons.
- stick blender, mix master, hand whisk, spatulas, etc.
- on-bench: electric kettle, coffee grinder, coffee plunger, tea plunger.
- full height pantry with GF electric grill/sandwich press, saucepans, casserole dishes, baking trays, baking paper, foil, plastic wrap, baking paper, cake forms, rolling pin, etc.
WORK BENCH/DRAWER UNIT - generous drawer storage, is vacant for guest use:
- 2 banks of 3 drawers; durable, easy clean work top surface, furnished atop with microwave, timber cutting board, coffee & tea facilities refer Kitchen Provisions following
KITCHEN PROVISIONS y:
- real coffee beans, black/green tea bags.
- olive oil, white & red wine vinegar, sugar, cooking salt, salt & black pepper in grinders.
- large & medium sized oven bags for easy clean-free use in oven; cling wrap, baking paper, etc.
KITCHEN CLEANING SUPPLIES - in cupboard under sink:
- complimentarily stocked with eco friendly, allergy-free cleaning products; machine dishwasher powder, dishwashing liquid, QV hand-wash liquid, brushes, sponges, insect spray, etc.
BROOM CUPBOARD - pantry door on far left
- tea towels, oven mitts
- dustpan, mop, vacuum cleaner, steam iron, portable table-top ironing board,
APPLIANCE CUPBOARD: 2nd door from left:
- saucepans, electric grill/sandwich press, casseroles, etc,
- fire extinguisher & fire blanket is located beside refrigerator.
- hard wired smoke detectors throughout.
- large oak extension dining table with 6 ladder backed dining chairs additional folding chairs supplied.
- large square antique coffee table.
- pair 3 seater lounges.
- 2 easy chairs.
- open bookshelf / entertainment shelves running along upstairs side wall with architectural & gardening books & magazines
- folding deck chair
DOWNSTAIRS - polished concrete floors; cool, clean & hygienic:
BATHROOM & extra WC:
- modern with toilet, shower, basin & mirrored cupboards - natural light & ventilation from highlight windows above.
- additional separate WC with toilet & hand basin is located in hallway between both bedrooms.
- complimentarily stocked with eco friendly, allergy-free QV hand wash, QV shower wash, shampoo & toilet products.
- open plan laundry with deep s/steel sink, front load washer & dryer.
- complimentarily stocked with eco friendly, allergy-free washing machine liquid & cleaning products.
Two bedrooms both with modern, comfortable queen sized beds, benchtop work desks with hanging above.
The master bedroom is a generous double sized room containing an additional queen sized sofa bed.
It opens through full glass sliding doors onto a covered concrete patio, a great place to relax whilst looking onto the herb & rose garden protected by a trellis & waist height sandstone privacy wall.
HERB & ROSE GARDEN:
The front & sides of this property are planted with citrus trees, olive trees, fragrant roses & between with a variety of culinary herbs like rosemary, sage, lemon thyme, Italian parsley, oregano, chilli, basil, chives, chicory, arugula, etc., You are welcome to pick flowers for your stay & fresh herbs for cooking but please be careful of rose thorns or if you see the resident gardener, ask him to collect for you
EASY ACCESS TO OCEAN & SHOPS:
It's only a few minutes walk via laneway diagonally opposite to the water's edge & Zac's Cafe Restaurant General Store & Take Away for groceries, meals, newspaper or just an early morning espresso.
CURRARONG - The Beecroft Peninsula & Point Perpendicular. Uniquely located like no where else on the east coast of Australia
CURRARONG is a sun-drenched beachside village nestled securely in the lee of the Beecroft Peninsular, protected from southerly winds allowing for pleasant swimming all year round - yes, even in winter......the locals can often be heard saying...."the sun always shines over Currarong"
Originally a small fishing village, is divided by a tidal creek & surrounded by pristine waters, long sandy beaches, sheltered coves and inlets. A sleepy little place for most of the year, Currarong becomes a vibrant holiday hub during summer and Easter breaks.
Gorgeous sunsets, fantastic views & a myriad of bird & animal life make Currarong a truly memorable place to visit.
With hanging swamps, ancient banksias, hidden forests, aboriginal caves & middens, tidal creeks, estuaries, soaring vertical cliffs, rocky headlands, etc. surrounded by the Jervis Bay Marine Park, Currarong's topography is so special & varied as to provide habitat for flora & fauna of important biological significance - all connected by various easy walking trails. Not to forget of course, some of the most beautiful sand, rock & bay beaches to be found anywhere in the world.
Currarong's geography is additionally special in that the village & several of it's closest beaches unusually face back towards the west over the open ocean as if on an island providing spectacular 'over the water' sunsets - otherwise not possible on the Australian east coast.