Skyview is a two-storey house with views over Currarong and the beach to the mountains in the west. Accommodating 8 guests in three bedrooms and a bunk area, it has a new, fully equipped kitchen and a balcony with extensive town and water views.
* fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, electric stove, microwave and requisites for 8 people
* carpeted lounge/dining area with extendable table and 8 chairs
* lounge area with 32 inch flat screen TV, DVD player, selection of DVDs and games, audio system with iPod dock
* electric heater for winter
* queen-size bedroom with doona and wardrobes
* twin bedroom with doonas and wardrobe
* bathroom with shower and toilet
* child-safe balcony with gas barbecue and outdoor setting.
* large open area with lounge seating, double bunks and TV for DVDs only
* double bedroom looking out onto garden, with doona and wardrobe
* large bathroom with shower and bath, and a range of beach items for use by guests
* laundry with washing machine and toilet
* electric heater for winter.
The two levels are linked by an indoor spiral staircase, which will require supervision of young children.
The entry is via a sheltered carport which can accommodate two cars. The main door has a digital keypad entry, allowing guests to come and go separately without the need for keys.
Kangaroos frequently visit the backyard, as do the occasional ringtail possums. For this reason we ask that you not bring your pets.
Being on the high side of town, the house catches a sea breeze on most days. Shops and beaches are a 10-minute walk away. Across the road is a bush track to the trig station lookout and cliffs.
The house provides some recreational equipment and games. You will need to supply your own sheets, pillow cases and towels. The water heater is small and responsive, so allow 10 mins for reheating after about two showers.
One of the beauties of Currarong is the diversity of beaches and landscapes within a few minutes' walk or drive. In the main part of town are a surf beach, creek with safe swimming, boat ramp, gorgeous rock pool and protected west-facing beach with great snorkelling. A few minutes along the Lighthouse Road brings you to some of the most beautiful and secluded Jervis Bay beaches which enjoy morning shade, are protected from the nor-easters and from which dolphins are frequently seen. There are numerous bush tracks that are a delight in all seasons. In spring the heathland behind Currarong erupts into flower.
The town provides a general store (including groceries, take-away food, papers, bottle shop and chemist products) and a fish cafe with outdoor seating. The bowling club has a Chinese restaurant. More extensive shopping, a general practitioner and chemist are available 20 minutes away in Callala Bay, with major shops, cinema and a hospital in Nowra.