This family orientated beach cabin is one of the 49 houses in the exclusive suburb of Depot Beach, situated in the pristine Murramarang National Park.
Legasea cabin offers a simple, rustic beach stay that matches the beautiful natural environment it sits within. We do not offer luxurious furnishings, lots of appliances or technology, but a welcoming and cosy cabin.
Our focus is the special experience you get from being close to the flora and fauna that helps make Depot Beach so unique. If this is the kind of stay you're after then keep reading....
- two bedrooms; one with two bunks, the other with a double bed.
- kitchen; with dishwasher, electric stove and oven. Please note no microwave.
- bathroom; with washing machine, shower only.
- ALL BED LINEN IS SUPPLIED, WITHOUT AN EXTRA FEE. This includes pillows, doonas, pillow and doona covers, sheets, extra blankets and electric blanket in the cooler months.
- undercover gas BBQ/deck area with a bar fridge, for outdoor meals and enjoying the ocean views.
- outdoor shower and fire pit.
- large grassy yard which is unfenced.
Legasea cabin is an ideal place to stay for those who are looking for a city escape and getting back to nature. There are many native birds and animals who visit the cabin/yard including parrots, wrens, kangaroos, wallabies, bandicoots, antechinus, possums and goannas. Due to some visiting dogs chasing the resident kangaroos, we are sorry that we can no longer allow pets.
While there is limited mobile phone reception at Depot Beach, there is a working pay phone close by or it is a short distance up the road for some reception. Please note there is no wi-fi / foxtel connection at the cabin. Sometimes it's nice to have a break from technology too. It is also good to know that the closest 'corner shop/cafe', is a short 2 minute drive away.
Depot Beach is approximately a two and a half hour drive from Canberra and about a four hour drive from Sydney.
What to bring:
- beach and bath towels; tea towels, bath mat and hand towel are provided.
- personal toiletries; there are some eco-friendly bathroom products for guest convenience, including body wash, shampoo/conditioner, hand wash/lotion.
- groceries for your stay.
Like all of the places at Depot Beach, Legasea cabin runs on tank water and so relies on water conservation. There is no need to boil water for drinking at the cabin, as water filters have been fitted. Include bottled water in your packing if you prefer.
We have a small selection of books/games/ DVDs at the cabin.
Things to do at Depot Beach: you can do as much or as little as you'd like
There are so many beautiful walks and beaches within a short walking distance to Legasea cabin including;
- the short rainforest trail at the Depot Beach car park, one of the last pockets of forest that originates from the time of the dinosaurs.
- explore the rocks on your way towards Pebbly Beach around the coast at low tide
- take the 1km trail around to the next southern beach, through spotted gum and
burrawang palm forest, water views all the way
- visit the National Parks camping office to find out about any tours
- the beautiful Depot Beach for swimming, snorkelling, surfing, fishing, shallow pools at the south end are ideal for small children
- put your boat in at the natural boat ramp at the northern end of Depot Beach
- the smaller Shelly Beach just around the southern headland
- some guests were lucky enough to see whales and seals at Depot Beach and dolphins are regular visitors
If you like going out and about there are shopping centres, cinemas, mini golf, golf club, eateries, cafés in nearby Bateman's Bay. Drive to the old gold mine village of Mogo for quirky shops and cafés and visit Mogo zoo where you can see endangered animals up close.
Or simply spend time relaxing at Legasea Cabin.....
- play a game of 'happy hour' darts while you appreciate the evening view
- at night enjoy the spectacular stars while you sit round the fire
- cook easy BBQ meals or buy fresh local seafood including oysters and prawns to eat out on the back deck
- take photos of the wildlife that visit
- have a game of finska in the backyard; if you haven't heard of this game, try it, as it's a lot of fun.
- relax with a book on the day bed lounge
- bring scooters/bikes to ride around the quiet street
Legasea = 'this is the life'