This family beach house is in the secluded Durras North, surrounded by the pristine Murramarang National Park. It is an original cottage that has been updated and renovated.
The house offers gorgeous lake and sea views and is just a minute's stroll to the beach. Simple and serene, it takes us back to the carefree holidays we remember as children.
The house comfortably accommodates four adults and four children. It is compact inside, but the large verandah and garden provide plenty of room for a family or two.
- sleeps 8 - three bedrooms, one with two bunks, the others with double beds
- kitchen, with microwave and coffee machine
- two bathrooms, one inside with toilet and bath/shower and one in the outside laundry with toilet and shower
- large verandah with lake and ocean views
- wood BBQ
- large grassy yard (unfenced)
- small shop and cafe is located in one of the nearby caravan parks.
Experience the native wildlife up close and personal, kangaroos and parrots are regular visitors to the garden. Because of the wildlife, we do not allow pets.
The main shopping centre of Batemans Bay is 20 mins drive away.
Durras North is approximately a two and a half hour drive from Canberra and a four hour drive from Sydney.
What to bring:
- linen including sheets, pillowcases, bathmats and teatowels
- beach and bath towels
- personal toiletries
We have a selection of books/games/children's DVDs at the house for guest use.
Murramarang National Park is yours to explore:
- walk around the rocks from Durras North past Depot Beach, all the way to Pebbly Beach at low tide
- walk along fire trails around the back of the lake
- take the 1km trail over the headland from North Durras beach to Depot Beach
- great fire trails for mountain biking.
Duuas lake and beach offers something for everyone:
- Durras Lake is ideal for small children
- the beach is perfect for fishing and surfing
- explore ancient caves by the beach
- put your boat in at the boat ramp by the lake
- Depot Beach is just around the headland
- Pebbly Beach is a short drive away or a couple of hours walk around the headland.
Durras North Beach House:
- enjoy the gorgeous lake and sea views from the front verandah
- cook easy BBQ meals
- get up close with the wildlife
- relax with a book
- bring bikes to ride around the quiet streets or explore the national park.
Durras North Beach House offers the perfect family beach holiday.