Gumleaf Cottage is a suberb modern house in secluded and peaceful Erowal Bay. Gumleaf Cottage has 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms and a separate laundry, and accommodates up to six people comfortably. It has a fully equipped kitchen (incl. microwave, and dishwasher), stereo television, HDD video player/recorder, DVD player, and a washing machine and drier. For your security Gumleaf Cottage is also fitted with a comprehensive security/alarm system with Back-to-Base surveillance. Gumleaf Cottage is the perfect hideaway for a totally private, peaceful and relaxing getaway, or a fisherman's private fishing venue from the back garden.
Erowal Bay is a sleepy, forgotten hamlet on the St Georges Basin waterway. It is peaceful and quiet and the perfect getaway location for a restful holiday. Gumleaf Cottage at Erowal Bay has intimate views over the pristine waters of St Georges Basin. Fishing is available directly from the rear garden. Or simply relax on the water's edge with local birdlife, friendly kangaroos . . . . . The nearest beach is Hyams Beach on Jervis Bay - a mere 5 Km away.
Also see our Stayz listing for Possum House at Hyams Beach.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS: PLEASE CHECK all of the conditions (eg MINIMUM STAYS, Bookings with CHILDREN, Maximum Accommodation Capacity, etc) and the other Booking Terms & Conditions in the BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS Section included further below.
- PLEASE NOTE: Gumleaf Cottage does not use the Stayz Calendar. And so even if it appears that there are no bookings, the MINIMUM STAYS conditions apply . . . .
- Due to being an individually-owned seaside cottage, Gumleaf Cottage does not have the people resources to reply to the many Inquiries which seek bookings outside our Booking Terms & Conditions.
- And so if your inquiry is outside the Gumleaf Cottage Booking Terms & Conditions (eg MINIMUM STAYS, CHILDREN Policy, MAXIMUM ACCOMMODATION CAPACITY, etc), unfortunately you will not receive a reply.
Local Facilities, Restaurants, Stores & Activities
EROWAL BAY VILLAGE - A Self-Contained Fisherman's Paradise
- The comprehensive General Store & Café (With Liquor Store; Post Office).
- Public boat launching ramp.
HYAMS BEACH VILLAGE
- The General Store & Café.
VINCENTIA - Within Only a 10-Minute Drive
- A large Coles supermarket (0pen 24 hours during the Xmas/New-Year period).
- The JB Seafoods store.
- Various other shops, cafés & restaurants.
- GYM - The nearby Bay & Basin Leisure Centre has a modern, fully-featured gym and indoor pool, and is only around 6 minutes drive away from Gumleaf Cottage.
- Restaurants & Cafés.
- A Charming Movie House.
- RSL Club with great meals.
- The iconic "Husky Pub" (newly renovated and now known as "The Huskisson").
ACTIVITIES - Activities in the Jervis Bay area include:
- Abundant fishing, including directly from the rear garden of Gumleaf Cottage.
- Stroll along the whitest sand in the world at nearby Hyams Beach.
- Swim in crystal clear waters of Jervis Bay Marine Park.
- Excellent snorkling & diving.
- Kayaking (Sea kayaking excursions are available on Jervis Bay & St Georges Basin).
- Sailing (Charter a sailing catamaran).
- Dolphin/Whale-Watch cruises.
- Bushwalking in the National Park, and much more.
- Search for dolphins, seals, penguins (and whales July-August and November-early December). The Booderee National Park and Jervis Bay Marine Park are at your front door with all beauty, abundant wildlife and the natural wonders that they have to offer.
If it can be done on the water or in water, Jervis Bay has it on offer.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Gumleaf Cottage receives a very large number of inquiries. Those inquiries which seek bookings outside the Conditions set out in the Notes below will not receive a reply.
CHILDREN - Other than infants in a crib, Gumleaf Cottage is NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER TEN (10) YEARS OLD. Bookings which include children under 10 years of age will not be accepted.
MINIMUM BOOKINGS - MINIMUM BOOKINGS - MINIMUM BOOKINGS:
- CHRISTMAS/NEW-YEAR - During the Dec 2013/Jan 2014 Christmas/January Period: Full-Week/7-Night, SATURDAY-to-SATURDAY Bookings Only.
- EASTER - The minimum booking for the Easter Long Weekend is FOUR (4) NIGHTS.
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY LONG WEEKENDS - The minimum booking for Public-Holiday Long Weekends is THREE (3) NIGHTS.
- OTHER - Minimum 2-night bookings otherwise.
MAXIMUM ACCOMMODATION - SIX (6) Adults
- 1x King Bed.
- 2x Queen Bed.
- 2x Single Beds.
- LINEN & TOWELS - Included (Excluding Beach Towels).
- NO PETS ALLOWED - Other Guests may be sensitive to animal hairs/odours, etc. So please do not ask to bring pets.
- NO SMOKING.