2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY PETS STRICTLY BY APPROVAL - contact owner prior
SECLUDED, SUPERBLY LOCATED & STYLISH - this beautifully restored and renovated iconic 60's Australian beach house has all you could wish for. With everything supplied for a truly luxurious & relaxing stay, simply lie back and drink in the beautiful surrounds, or be as active as you choose. Only 1 minute stroll from dog-friendly Werri Beach and its beautiful headland walks to the north & south, this fabulously styled & designer-decorated 3-bedroom rambling bungalow backs onto serene Werri Lagoon, with its abundant birdlife and views of rolling green hills and distant mountains.
With a north-easterly aspect, Salt Cottage enjoys cool cross-ventilation in summer, catching the sea-breezes from its many louvred windows, sliding doors and French doors, whilst also capturing the warm winter sun. Large decks on 3 sides of the house look onto lush gardens and the lagoon at the rear, which may be explored with the canoe from the house's private pontoon. Fall asleep to the sound of waves breaking on the nearby beach...
2 separate indoor lounge rooms, each with flat-screen TV/DVD player - there's Netflix too, one outdoor lounge area, plus various other outdoor seating and alfresco dining options on the wrap-around verandahs and in the gardens, allow for both happy socialising or quiet contemplation.
A well-appointed, modern & fully-equipped kitchen stocked with essentials for those who love to cook, outdoor gas BBQ, lime and lemon trees in season, and award-winning cafes and restaurants are also only moments away. Several district wineries are also a short drive away.
A cosy wood fire with cut firewood provided in winter months, plus reverse-cycle air-conditioning enable the house to be enjoyed year-round. Internet access is also provided.
Hotel quality linen and luxurious fluffy towels are provided - just bring your beach towel
The huge rear yard is fully fenced, making Salt Cottage both child and dog friendly A large, comfy dog bed is also provided, for your four-legged family member. Leash-free area for dogs on the beach is only 100m away - dog heaven Please note additional charge per dog, per stay.
High chair available on request. Please advise in your enquiry if you need a cot. These will need to be pre-arranged.
KING SIZE BED - in the gorgeous master bedroom with own ensuite bathroom; QUEEN SIZE BED in 2nd bedroom;
BUNK ROOM: 4 SINGLE bunk beds ie 2 x double bunks - see pictures in 3rd bedroom
HOUSE SLEEPS 8 IN TOTAL - no additional beds available, and strictly no more than 8 people in total accepted.
OPTIONS - sleeping areas & fees may be altered to accommodate only 6 book Queen Room and bunk room only - Master & Ensuite will be locked off, by prior arrangement. Please call to discuss.
IF YOU REQUIRE A COT, PLEASE LET US KNOW IN YOUR ENQUIRY. HIGH CHAIR AVAILABLE, ON REQUEST. THESE WILL NEED TO BE PRE-ARRANGED.
Main bathroom with full bath and shower; family room with 2 sofas & dining table to seat 8 - 10, Smart TV/DVD & ipod/CD player; front living with large sofa & armchairs, Smart TV/DVD with Netflix; outdoor dining for 8-10; outdoor lounge area.
Internal laundry with washing machine. Ironing facilities provided.
Early check-in and late check-out on weekends, by prior arrangement.
PLEASE NOTE: 2 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. We do not accept Sunday check-in, unless by prior negotiation with owners. 2-day minimum stay weekends include Fri - Sun nights.
PETS ARE WELCOME, BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH OWNER. Additional charge applies - $50 per dog, per stay.
CANCELLATIONS: Strictly 2 weeks notice for weekend bookings. 1 month notice is required for longer stays. For school holiday periods, public holidays, Easter and Christmas, a minimum 6 weeks written notice is required, and additionally, an alternative booking for the same period must be received for a full refund to be given. No exceptions will be allowed.
No mid-week check-in or out, during High Season - Christmas/New Year period. Please refer to calendar for High Season dates.
SORRY - NO SCHOOLIES ALL PARTIES STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
WELL-BEHAVED DOGS ARE WELCOME INSIDE, BUT STRICTLY NOT ON FURNITURE A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING FEE WILL APPLY TO ANY PET STAINS/ODOURS LEFT INSIDE ON FURNITURE OR RUGS.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT A SCAN OF CURRENT DRIVER'S LICENCE OR PASSPORT OF THE PERSON/S MAKING THE BOOKING & PAYMENT IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING.
- great DVD library, Netflix, good books for children & adults, games & puzzles
- full internet access
- private jetty on lagoon, with 2 person canoe or 2 people and a small dog
- removable barrier for rear stairs & lockable side gate make decks safe for toddlers
- sliding security screen doors to rear and side decks
- 2 mins to patrolled surf beach & walk to rock pool at south end of beach - great for kids
- boogie boards
- coastal headland walk to Kiama, with breath-taking panoramic views
- best fish & chips just around the corner
- boutique shopping in Gerringong, plus local beauty & luxury massage & spas
- short drive to 7 Mile Beach for glorious endless beach walks – also a great place to windsurf or kite surf.
- cafes and restaurants in the village of Gerringong just a 2 minute drive away.
- fine dining and award winning restaurants in historic & beautiful Berry - 15 minutes drive
-10 minutes to Kiama for fine dining, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese restaurants, and many others.
- many beautiful walks nearby and abundant natural beauty
- whale & dolphin-spotting, in season
- local markets in Gerringong & Kiama on 3rd Sunday of the month, Berry Market 1st Sunday of the month
- lovely attractions such as Minamurra Falls are nearby
- local wineries to explore
- learn to surf with Lands Edge surf school
- try the 22km Kiama Coast Walk - starts 5 mins walk from Salt Cottage. See the Kiama Blow Hole
- visit Crooked River Winery/Coolangatta Estate/Silos Estate for wine tasting or a delicious meal
- take the family to Jamberoo Action Park, the largest water theme park in NSW. Open Sept to Easter.
- pack a picnic and go to nearby Boat Harbour Reserve with its rock swimming pool. Search for shells and crabs on the rocks.
- take a 20min drive to Berry township - an historical landmark, full of and arts, crafts and artisnal foods. Visit the Berry Sourdough cafe,
and if you're early enough, pick up a freshly baked loaf of sourdough. They sell out fast
- tour Buena Vista Farm – there are picnic days, farm tour or cooking workshops
- play a round at the Gerringong Golf Course
- drive to Jervis Bay for a dolphin or whale watching cruise
- fishing or kayaking