Werri Cosy is a small two bedroom house located in a quiet street just 300m walk from Werri Beach.
The house has two queen beds, an open plan living, dining and kitchen area and recently renovated bathroom. Relax on the front verandah in the hammock and day bed or entertain out the back with a large undercover deck and BBQ. In winter, unwind by the fireplace with all firewood provided and chopped for your convenience. The house is very private with a mix of beautiful native and exotic plants. Werri Cosy is perfectly located for couples and families wishing to explore Werri Beach and Gerringong with only a 5 minute walk to the main street. It is ideally located at the southern end of Werri Beach, perfect for surfing Werri Point and close to the flags and rock pools for families. There is a playground and skatepark only a 200m walk from the property.
LINEN AND TOWELS INCLUDED note - beach towels not included
PET FRIENDLY outside only - Fully fenced front and backyard. Ideally located a short walk from 'The Headland', a dog off leash area and a 10 minute walk to the section of beach for off leash. Pets must be declared in the booking request.
Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and electric 4 burner cooktop.
Outdoor gas BBQ
Washing machine and outdoor clothesline
Airconditioning for summer days and pot belly fireplace for those cool winter nights
Wifi and Apple TV
Plenty of fiction, non fiction and cooking books for use during your stay
Walking distance to beach and shops
SMOKING NOT PERMITTED AT THIS PROPERTY
There is a cabin at the rear of the property which is not available to guests.
All bookings during the Christmas School Holidays are a minimum of 7 nights or through negotiation.
Sustainability: Good for the planet, good for you and good for the future – we aim to reduce the impact that we and our guests have on the environment. This can be difficult to achieve when providing holiday accommodation – below you will find information on some of the products and services that we use at Werri Cosy.
• The house is cleaned by The Clarity Co – a non-toxic cleaning service, chemical free and environmentally friendly.
• All of the washing powder, dishwasher powder, dishwashing liquid, hand wash and body wash provided are sourced in bulk from Simply Clean and refilled into containers these may be old ones of a different brand. These products are toxin-free, earth friendly and with no compromise on performance.
• Sukin Conditioner and Shampoo are purchased in 1L containers to reduce waste. These are all natural, vegan and cruelty free.
• Hand Lotion is purchased from Thankyou, a company that donates 100 off its profits to fund sustainable development projects.
• Toilet paper is sourced in bulk from Who Gives a Crap, a company who donates 50 of their profits to charity and the loo paper itself is made from 100 recycled paper.
• Plunger coffee is sourced in bulk directly from Daily Grind Coffee in Gerringong.
• Electricity is supplied by Powershop, 100 carbon neutral, Australia’s ‘greenest’ power company for three years running.
• Unfortunately, we have too many trees to get solar panels on the roof. The plus side is that the garden which is predominately native vegetation is full of wildlife, with birds and frogs abundant and even the odd possum making an appearance.
• In winter, three of the trees in the front yard are deciduous to provide sunlight, and in summer the house receives shade to keep you cool. On the odd day you may choose to use the air-conditioner, whilst this is not something we encourage it is available for those who may require it. In winter, there is a small pot belly fireplace for use. There is ample kindling around the garden and we use old hardwood fences as firewood that would usually be sent to landfill.
• We encourage you to follow our Council’s bin system – Kiama Council has achieved a 40 reduction in waste to landfill by implementing a successful FOGO system food organics which is then turned into compost at a commercial facility. Food waste in landfill produces methane and when released into the atmosphere, methane is 25 times more potent a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. Compostable 8L bin liners are provided for your convenience.
• For ‘soft’ plastics we encourage our guests to collect these and take to your nearest REDcycle bin at Coles or Woolworths.
• For all other waste that can’t be recycled or composted, we do provide some garbage bags that are either old plastic bags or compostable 27L bin liners. Consider whether your rubbish really needs to go into a bag or if it can go straight into the bin. Compostable bin liners are a better option, however, when they are sent to landfill they will not necessarily break down in a landfill site due to the absence of oxygen.