Big, bright & spacious home by the beach - sleeps 8 +baby - perfect for 2 families or group of friends Discounts of up to 40 percent available not included in prices displayed; details on official Southerly Change web site, or send Owner a message.
With multiple light-filled indoor and outdoor living areas, there's heaps of room at Southerly Change for all your family and friends to enjoy being together in comfort, or to find their own quiet reading nook and simply soak up the ocean views.
Bring your bikes, kayaks or even a boat or two - theres plenty off-street parking & storage. And the kids will have heaps of room to run around in the fenced backyard.
You'll love being only a short stroll from Seven Mile Beach, the Blue Swimmer cafe, and Emery Park - a lovely shady park with playground and BBQs.
- Ocean Views
- Free unlimited WI-Fi and Netflix; 2 TVs & DVD players
- 5 min walk to beach, cafe, park, shop
- Air Conditioning unit
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Spacious interior with two big living areas
- Three bedrooms sleeps 8
- Fenced backyard with views
- Four car parking garage access
ALL FEATURES & FACILITIES
- Front living room & adjoining balcony have ocean views
- Two separate living areas, both with TVs & DVD/Blu-Ray players.
- Front living room has Netflix available on 47-inch TV
- Both living areas have plenty of comfy sofas for everyone
- Workspace in front living room desk, chair & task lamp
- Plenty of books, games & DVDs to keep you occupied indoors
DINING & KITCHEN
- Full kitchen has wall oven, countertop hotplate, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, plus smaller appliances like a toaster, kettle & sandwich grill.
- All the kitchenware you’ll need, also plastic tableware for kids & outdoors.
- Kitchen & dining room share a breakfast bar
- Gorgeous recycled oregon table seats eight + highchair if required
- Dining room has a stereo system that will play your music via bluetooth as well as CDs & FM radio.
Bedroom 1: King Bed or two singles
Bedroom 2: Queen bed
Bedroom 3: King Bed and two singles, OR four singles
- You'll find comfortable mattresses on all the beds
- Every bedroom has a ceiling fan & built-in closet, bedside tables & lamps.
- Enjoy high-threadcount sheets, luxury doonas & plush blankets
BATHROOMS & LAUNDRY
- Two full new bathrooms, both stocked with fluffy towels
- First bathroom has a toilet, shower & vanity.
- Large second bathroom includes a ¾ bath great for kids with an overhead shower, as well as toilet & vanity, washing machine & clothes dryer
- Air-conditioning split system in front living room.
- Free unlimited internet access over Wi-Fi
- Highchair and portacot/playpen stored in the house, for use by guests if required.
- Other helpful items include hairdryer, iron & ironing board, pedestal fan, clothes airer, column heater & vacuum cleaner.
- Relax on the front balcony & enjoy the views
- Find a sunny or shady spot on the rear deck its partially covered. Cook up a storm on the big gas BBQ and eat outside
- Lots of room for the kids to run around in the big, fenced, grassy backyard.
- Wide driveway easily accommodates two vehicles side-by-side. Guests can also use one side of the double-deep garage 2 cars or car+boat.
- Plenty of room in the garage to stash kayaks, bikes, etc.
- Rinse off after a beach visit under the handy outdoor shower
- Washing line gets plenty of sun - so you can get those towels dry fast
LOCATION & LOCAL AREA INFORMATION
Southerly Change is in Gerroa, a charming small town on the NSW South Coast, at the northern end of stunning Seven Mile Beach. Its gorgeous combination of ocean and rural views makes it a beautiful place for a getaway any time of year.
Drive from the centre of Sydney to Gerroa is under two hours only 70 minutes from Sutherland.
Southerly Change is just a short stroll to Gerroa’s most popular spots:
Seven Mile beach - 350m - patrolled during peak times; ideal for young children with shallow, calm water where the river joins the beach. The beach & river are ideal for swimming, surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding, snorkelling, diving, boating & fishing. There’s a boat ramp nearby & canoe hire nearby.
Emery Park – 200m – shaded by towering Norfolk Island Pine trees and next to the river, this park has a playground, covered & uncovered tables, BBQs and toilets.
Seahaven Café & Blue Swimmer restaurant - 150m – has a delicious take-away menu, as well as award winning dining for lunch and dinner. Perfect place for a morning coffee, late breakfast or lazy afternoon tea.
Gerroa Post Office & General Store – 420m - it’s the only shop in Gerroa Grab extra groceries, grab an iceblock or send a postcard.
Gerroa Fishermans Club – 550m – great food paired with stunning ocean views, always popular with locals.
WHERE CAN I GET GROCERIES & OTHER STUFF I NEED?
The neaby General Store is great if you just need a few basic items. For more substantial shopping, hop in the car & drive five minutes to Gerringong. You'll find a supermarket, cafes & restaurants serving local produce, and plenty of interesting shops.
WHATS WORTH VISITING IN THE LOCAL AREA?
Once you've explored Gerringong & its popular Werri beach, visit the delightful & historic seaside township of Kiama & the famous Blowhole - it's only a 15 minute drive. The charming rural towns of Berry 12 minutes and Kangaroo Valley 35 minutes are also worth a trip. Visit a nearby winery - the historic Coolangatta Estate is just 10 minutes drive. Enjoy magnificent scenery on the Coastal Track or one of the many other area walks. And the kids will be thrilled if you take them on the rides & slides at Jamberoo Action Park, just 30 minutes drive away.
WHAT CAN I DO IN COOLER WEATHER?
Gerroa is a great place to stay any time of year, and you'll find there's lots to do out of the water in the local area towns. If you really want to swim but the ocean is a little nippy, try the indoor heated pool at Kiama Leisure Centre. Explore local antique stores, galleries & wineries. Go for bicycle or horse rides or try out the scenic Gerringong golf couse. There's also bowls, fishing, tennis, squash, bird watching, walks, and plenty of restaurants dining out.