Belwood is an ideal retreat for couples or up to two families who want get away for private time close to nature, while still close to beaches and activities. Very popular with families who visit Jamberoo Recreation Park and want a private nature retreat after their action day
There are four bedrooms, two bathrooms and three toilets. The house has 8 beds and can sleep up to 10 people maximum of 8 adults. A large lounge/dining with cathedral ceilings and an enormous deck enjoy a stunning 50km view over the Jamberoo Valley, Lake Illawarra and up the coast.
The house is set in a 7 acre clearing, surrounded by rainforest, tucked under the Barren Grounds nature reserve. The paddock in front of the house is home to 4 alpaca. Belwood is the last house on a private laneway, well removed from others. Other than our caretaker's cottage, the nearest house is around 200m away through the bush. if you have a large group you could rent both houses sorry, no schoolies groups - its also on Stayz and is called The Birdhouse at Jamberoo. If you have visited 'Cedar Mists' in the past, you will love Belwood, as it is at the end of the same lane.
There is a crystal clear creek and you are likely to see wombats, lyrebirds, kangaroos and wallabies. Wedge tailed eagles are often seen soaring on thermal currents. Due to its exceptional scenic and conservation values, the forested area is being specially reserved under the National Parks and Wildlife Act.
There is lots to do nearby. The property is 10km from Jamberoo village with the pub and shops, 12km from Jamberoo Action Park, 22km from Kiama beaches and restaurants and 20km from Robertson on the Southern Highlands. It is located 115km south from Sydney Airport.
More detail about the facilities:
- the lounge/dining has a large dining table with 8 chairs, a smaller table with four chairs for puzzles or games and which can be used to enlarge the main table, a large corner lounge and extra chairs set around a built in-french fireplace wood provided. There is a flatscreen TV with built in DVD player BYO DVDs or USB, and a bluetooth Bose music player with an auxiliary cord. Please note there is no WiFi
- the kitchen has a gas cooktop and oven, microwave and dishwasher. It has crockery, cutlery, a Nespresso coffee pod machine BYO coffee pods, coffee grinder & plungers, plus plenty of serving and cooking equipment.
- two bedrooms have queen beds, a third has two singles and the fourth has two double bunks ie four beds. There are reading lamps, cupboards and/or dressing tables, new pillowtop mattresses, pillows, and two doonas light and heavy for each bed top bunks have foam mattresses to meet safety rules
- the deck is enormous, with tables and chairs for 12 people, and a gas BBQ. An olive tree provides gentle shade
- the whole house has been recently renovated, including a new bamboo floor and repainting
- there are two large bathrooms with hair dryers and an additional toilet
- there is plenty of room for outdoor parking
- beds will be made up with sheets and bath towels are provided for your comfort
The house is set on a bench of rich volcanic soil and rainforest, with sandstone cliffs above. At around 500m elevation, the microclimate is exceptionally fertile, supporting a wide range of native species. There is plenty of room for kids to play or ride their pushbikes safely.