This lovingly restored 1960's home has been furnished and decorated take evoke memories and transport guests back in time. Entering the house invariably prompts exclamations such as "I remember those" or "My Nan had one just like that". This is a house to be lived in and enjoyed. The open plan indoor/outdoor living spaces provide the perfect environment to relax and unwind.
Located in the quiet village of Erowal Bay on St George's Basin, the house is perfectly located to take advantage of all the natural beauty and activities of the Jervis Bay area. With kangaroos literally at your doorstep you can just sit back and appreciate the serenity or get out and experience beautiful beaches, walking, fishing, boating or the nearby cafe culture.
THE HOUSE FEATURES:
- A well equipped retro kitchen diner - including 1950s working refrigerator, stove and
even a fondue. Tea towels are provided.
- Open plan lounge room featuring a retro radio/record player equip with records from
the era to enjoy and even magazines from the 60s & 70s - really entertaining reading
- Polished floorboards throughout.
- TV/kids room featuring - a 1950s TV set fitted with a flat screen TV/DVD
- an old fashioned classroom area
- retro toys, books and games
- Bedroom 1 - Queen sized bed
- Bedroom 2 - Double bed with single bed bunk above.
- Bedroom 3 - 2 x single beds
There is also a fold out double bed sofa 1960s 'click clack lounge in the separate
- LINEN IS NOT SUPPLIED so please ensure you bring sheets, pillow cases,
towels and any other linen you may require eg bath mats/hand towels.
Linen services are available locally if you wish to arrange it -
Bay Linen Hire or Aroma Linen Service.
Doonas and pillows are provided in bedrooms only.
- Large bathroom with bath, separate shower, double vanity, hairdryer and WC.
- Covered front deck with outdoor dining setting, Webber BBQ and sun-lounges.
- Drive right up to the backdoor ramp access. All rooms and front deck are on a single
- Pets are welcome but we ask that they stay in the bathroom/ laundry/verandah areas except if prior permission is given. Pets are to be kept off all furniture and bedding. There is a small lockable compound in the back yard which also contains a small kennel.
- Off street parking in the large front yard plus on street parking on a wide, quiet street. There is also room to park in the back yard.
Note: Parts of the home's driveway are shared with a separate property to the rear so those sections need to be kept clear.
- Sorry there is NO WiFi at the house. Free WiFi is available at some local coffee shops and at the library at Sanctuary Point.
WHAT TO DO
Visit fabulous, pristine beaches - Hyam's Beach is just 5 minutes drive away.
Explore spectacular Booderee National Park just 10 minutes drive - Visit Green Patch, Cape St George ruined lighthouse or go surfing at Cave's Beach.
Enjoy the cafes, restaurants and boutique shopping in Huskisson - just 10 minutes drive.
Go on a Dolphin or Whale watching cruise.
Snorkeling, diving or kayaking in Jervis Bay - tours and hiring of equipment available.
Tennis at the Erowal Bay courts just around the corner - rackets and balls supplied for your use - or just stay in the yard and use the badminton set provided.
Visit local art/craft and produce markets
Fishing and sailing in St George's Basin or Jervis Bay - plenty of boat ramps in the local area.
Great parks, picnic and BBQ - Picnic basket provided.
Go to the movies at the quaint Huskisson Pictures
Bush walking in Budawang and Morton National Parks.
Play a round of golf at Vincentia golf course
Enjoy a drink,delicious meal and live music at The Husky Pub.
World famous rock climbing sites just 30 minutes away- special deals with a qualified instructor can be arranged.
Visit 'The Jervis Bay Maritime Museum' previously called the 'Lady Denman Museum' in Huskisson.
Shopping at historic Milton