Glenmurray has just undergone a meticulous renovation and all that’s left is to fill its walls with the fun and laughter of happy families or groups. It is a beautiful, spacious and light filled country home with a fresh modern feel and all the comforts of home.
The large open plan living and dining area with slow combustion fire looks out past a return deck, over the pastures dotted with cattle to the escarpments beyond. The kitchen is fully and thoughtfully equipped with all you need to cook and entertain.
There is a second formal sitting room with open fireplace – ideal for reading or perhaps separating adults and children if that works for you. Reverse cycle air conditioning ensures your comfort year round.
There are two spacious bedrooms and two smaller ones – see configuration below – all beautifully presented with quality linen. With 3 bathrooms including en suite with bath, main bathroom and additional shower and toilet in the laundry, no one should be lining up for too long!
The garden is fully fenced and there is a shady paved outdoor entertaining area or you may prefer the short walk to the creek for a picnic and the possibility of bumping into wallabies, wombats or even a platypus!
The house features:-
• Large open plan kitchen living dining
• Oversized slow combustion woodheater
• Open fireplace in second sitting room
• All mod cons including dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, dryer, TV, DVD and SONOS sound system
• Fully fenced garden area
• East and north facing covered decks plus a paved outdoor entertaining courtyard.
• 2-person oval bath with rural and mountain vista in the master suite
• Reverse cycle air conditioning
• 3 bathrooms
• Laundry with washing machine, shower and toilet. Dryer in the garage
• Large entry area and functional coat and boot room
• Undercover parking spot
• Master bedroom with queen bed, en suite and WIR
• Large family bedroom with queen, and single trundle, sleeping up to 3
• Twin room with 2 singles
• Single bunk room sleeping 2
• 350 m to The Scots College Campus
• 5.3 km to Kangaroo Valley village
• 6.1 km to Hampden Bridge
• 6.2 km to Canoeing safaris
• 7.4 km to The famous Pie shop
• 12.2 km to Bendeela Picnic area
• 16 km to Drawing Room Rocks
• 18.9 km to Yarrawa State Forest
• 19.4 km to Barrengarry Mountain
• 21.8 km to Fitzroy falls
….and much much more – see our detailed compendium at the house.
Extras Available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
• Porta cot plus linen for $10 per night (max $30)
• Rollaway plus linen for $40 a night (min 2 nights)
• Highchair for $7 per night (max $21)
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
"Stunning, peaceful setting and we loved the light. A spacious kitchen, lounge and dinning area with a wrap around veranda."
Polly, March 2016
"Genmurray offers a relaxing country stay, within a charming home boasting modern conveniences. we loved the wraparound porch, the large bath and the extra touches! thankyou for a sharing your unique home situated in a gourgeous setting!"
Elizabeth, January 2016
• Sorry we are NOT pet friendly due to the presence of agistment cattle and farm fencing only
• Please ensure the safety of your children as there is access to a creek
• Please follow the designated route to the creek (printed in compendium at the house) in order not to disturb the cattle.
• This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". Please make note of this in your enquiry, if applicable. A comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay. We will also need to hold valid credit card details of a guaranteeing parent as extra security.
• For your added security, this property is managed by Holiday Rental Specialists – a Licenced Real Estate Agent with offices in Bowral, Berry and Culburra Beach, Australia. We will never request payments be made to an overseas bank account and your money is held safely in our Trust Account until after your departure.
Holiday Rental Specialists - Booking Information
We take pride in the cleanliness and presentation of all the holiday properties managed by Holiday Rental Specialists - Berry and Kangaroo Valley. All are well stocked, you will find the following:
Linen: linen and towels are included
Kitchen: cleaning spray, tea towels, detergent and dishcloths
Pantry: we operate a revolving pantry, you will find oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. Please feel free to leave sealed, non-perishable items for the next guests
Bathroom: soap, tissues and toilet paper