We were lucky enough to acquire this property after our daughter Lucy had admired it for many years, always saying that it was her favourite house in Mollymook. It is the perfect, original 1960s two bedroom fibro beach cottage. It sits high upon the street, facing due north, and within walking distance to beautiful Mollymook Beach & Golf Course. Lucy's House is WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE. Free wifi, Apple TV, Netflix, Stan.
The Space – Lucy’s House retains all of the proportions of the original 1960s beach cottage, complete with detailed cornices, floorboards, pretty timber windows, and recently added French doors, which open onto a spacious deck. The style of this beach cottage is reminiscent of a bygone era and is thoughtfully decorated with a mix of old and new. We have tried to incorporate some creature comforts such as French Flax bed linen and towels, original artworks, along with a sprinkling of objects from the 60s.
The new back deck opens onto a large back yard, which has been landscaped using huge sandstone blocks with a growing privacy screen of evergreen shrubs– opens out from the well-appointed kitchen – and is the perfect place to dine in summer and enjoy a cold beer. The front verandah is the original concrete water tank – and a lovely nook to toast yourself in during the winter months, with a glass of red.
The atmosphere we have sought to create is cosy, comfy, and a reflection of lazy summer seaside holidays of the past.
Our family loves this house, and we hope that you do too.
A portable ramp and shower chair are available to loan. Lucy's House is only accessible for people who use a manual wheelchair. Access is via the back deck and on/off the lawn/grass but we are hoping to have a pathway very soon.
The neighbourhood - Mollymook Beach sweeps for two kilometres between Bannister Point in the north and the southern headland where Mollymook Golf Club is located. Surfing, snorkelling, diving and dolphin-watching all make Mollymook Beach a special place to visit.
Getting around - You can walk to the beach, golf course, Golf Club, and into Ulladulla. There is a footpath that runs parallel to the ocean and 9 hole golf course. Also an easy walk into Ulladulla.
Other things to note:
- Newly renovated, clean, safe and an original 1960s cottage
- Handcrafted copper outdoor shower
- Thoughtfully renovated mixing period charm and contemporary comfort
- Intuitively designed to maximise the use of light and space
- Relaxed entertaining with outdoor decks and adjoining lounge area
- New modern kitchen, stainless steel gas appliances and dishwasher
- New WHEELCHAIR accessible open plan bathroom with integrated laundry
- Master bedroom with built-ins, sunny outlook to the ocean and golf course
- Second bedroom with under-bed storage and QS bed
- Timber floors, new blinds and sheer white curtains in the bedrooms
- Minutes to beaches, surf breaks, golf course, cafes, cinema and shops
- Breakfast basics include, fresh eggs, sourdough, granola, milk, tea and coffee
- Complimentary bottle of Lake Conjola Lemon Cordial, Lake Conjola Naked Honey as featured in Vogue Australia, and bottle of wine
- Free wifi, Apple TV, Netflix, Stan