PELICAN CALM - PACIFICANA DRIVE
Greg, the owner, has holidayed and/or lived in Sussex not England for each of the past 58 years...I'M OLD I recommend AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE... ITS SAYS SEND A MESSAGE. If you need any info re Sussex Inlet re fishing, live bait, good fishing spots for different species of fish, doggie walks your dog is welcome, beaches, safest swimming spots for the younger ones, house info & boat ramps numerous etc PLEASE DO SEND A MESSAGE at the bottom of this page and I'll try my best asap to hopefully answer your questions and then you can make an informed decision. I respond via email very quickly. Basically I want you and your family/friends to enjoy Sussex as much as I have all my life. I think I am a bit biased But Sussex is "PARADISE ON EARTH.' You will see this book in the house... so it has to be true... I wrote it CHEERS.
Your stepping stone to holiday fun and relaxation for the weekend or longer. A spacious 3 bedroom/2 bathroom holiday home with a large rumpus/table tennis room that can be converted into another sleeping area with a double sofa bed. This family friendly holiday house has ready access to numerous recreational activities including boating, fishing, swimming surf & river, water skiing, kayaking & majestic walks for humans and doggies.
- 3 Bedrooms queen bedroom with TV and DVD player and ensuite, double bedroom with TV, Tri bunk single/double bunk Bedroom
- 2 bathrooms one an ensuite shower, vanity with toilet and the other comprising a shower, bath & vanity plus a separate toilet.
- 2 toilets.
- 4 TV's and 2 DVD players.
- A fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar with attached family room with 8 seater dinning table, lounge chairs plus 55 inch TV with sound bar and bluetooth enabled mini CD sound system.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and cleaning products.
- Large lounge room with another formal 8 seater dining table, lounge with TV and DVD recorder plus assorted kids DVDs and a turntable.
- Back rumpus/table tennis room with another double sofa bed if required.
- Babies cot and high chair.
- Reverse cycle Fujitsu Inverter Air Conditioner cooling & heating
- Ceiling Fan and numerous portable fans.
- Gas Bar B Q in secure backyard with 2 outdoor tables 6 and 4 seaters on an outdoor mesh covered patio.
- Ample off street Car and Boat parking plus access to one lockable garage 1.9 metre height restriction.
- 2 very close boat ramps 50 & 250 metres away plus numerous other ramps along the inlet and at Swan Lake. The inlet is just 250 metres away and about 6 wharfs & Jetties are 250- 400 metres from Pelican Calm.
WHAT TO DO:
- Surfing: There are 4 surf beaches Cudmirrah Beach 1.5 minutes drive from the house. Wreck Bay eastern side of the river mouth, Berrara Beach 5 minutes drive and Kirby's Beach near Berrara 5 minutes Drive from house. Cudmirrah Beach is patrolled by volunteers from the S.I Surf Life Saving Club throughout the summer holiday period.
- The boat ramp @ the Lions Park is 250 metres from the house & is the the closest ramp access for outside fishing only 500 metres to the mouth of the river.
- Fishing : Outside, Estuary, Beach, Rock and at St Georges Basin which is a 4 km scenic boat trip to the Basin.
- Boating either on the Inlet, St Georges Basin or outside.
- Water Skiing at Swan Lake 3-4 minutes drive away.
- Sailing either at Swan lake or St Georges Basin.
- Swimming for all age groups.
1. Near the jetty in front of the bowling club.
2. At the end of Medlyn Ave.
3. Swanhaven and picnic ground is only 3 km by car.
4.The mouth of Berrara Lagoon.
- Most places in the inlet are terrific for swimming.
- ‘Test’ cricket on the sand flats opposite Alamein Caravan Park at low tide.
- Grab a bargain at Ocean & Earth Surf Shop on the Springs Rd near Sussex Inlet Road. There are also numerous Op shops in town.
- Catch the latest films at Sussex Inlet Cinema in town Jacobs Drive.
- There are 2 Clubs and 1 Hotel in Sussex. The Bowling Club is only 4 minutes walk from Pelican Calm... The bowling Club has a courtesy bus.The RSL Club is located in the eastern end of the main street Jacobs Drive. It too has a courtesy bus.The Hotel is on the corner of the main Street and River Road. It has a drive through bottle shop.
There are cafes in the main street, at Seacrest and Cudmirrah.
Sussex Inlet has a Supermarket called Spa, Hairdressers, Bakeries, Post Office, Pharmacy, 3 Doctors Surgeries, Bottle Shop, Ambulance Station, Cinema and 2 banks Bendigo and NAB plus handibanks at the Supermarket, and both the Bowling & RSL Clubs.
There is a Golf Club and Pony Club
PLACES TO VISIT NEARBY.
Ulladullah/Mollymook and Nowra 30 minutes drive
Jervis Bay, Huskisson, St Georges Basin & surrounds. 35 minutes by car to Husky.
Berry 50 minutes by car
Kangaroo Valley & Fitzroy Falls 1.25 hours
Pelican Calm is 2.5 - 3 hours drive from Sydney via the Princess Hwy. Coming from Sydney turn left off the Princess Highway about 30 km south of Nowra onto Sussex Inlet Road and follow the road 12km and turn right at the petrol station there is a totem pole opposite. This is still Sussex Inlet Road where you turn right… meander about 1 km and turn right into Government Road. Follow about 600 metres and Government Rd becomes Pacificana Drive and you’re there. By the way Pacificana Drive is the road to Cudmirrah Surf Beach which is only 1.5 km from holiday destination.
DOGS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SECURE BACKYARD AND ALSO THE REAR RUMPUS/TABLE TENNIS ROOM. HOWEVER ANIMALS ARE ONLY PERMITTED IN THE HOUSE PROPER WHILE THEIR OWNER IS PRESENT. i.e UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE ANIMALS TO BE LEFT IN THE HOUSE PROPER ALONE WITHOUT HUMAN COMPANY
THE HOUSE IS STRICKLY A NON SMOKING ENVIROMENT.
It is handy to get the local paper The Inletter which comes out on a Wednesday and is available at most shops or the CTC in Town. It has lots of info re special meals available, cinema, trivia, bingo and meat market raffle times etc. It is also available online.
Sussex Inlet is a tranquil town which enables people to enjoy a laid back and relaxing holiday, amid a diverse blend of flora and fauna, which can be as active or as passive as you like
Early bookings are advised - particularly on weekends and holiday times.